Search Unity

1. Unity Asset Manager is now available in public beta. Try it out now and join the conversation here in the forums.
    Dismiss Notice

[B22] CharacterController.center issue #783968 is not fixed

Discussion in '5.4 Beta' started by Ghosthowl, Jun 22, 2016.

1. Ghosthowl

Ghosthowl

I am a bit confused on how bugs are fixed in 5.4.0. I see here that this bug was marked as 'fixed' but it is not clear on what version this was fixed on? It simply states 'Fixed in 5.4.0'. Is it an internal version we don't have access to? I wish it was more clear in stating even if its in a later beta to expect when to get a fix for certain bugs.

The issue is here: https://issuetracker.unity3d.com/is...-ontriggerenter-slash-ontriggerexit-callbacks

I am in desperate need of a fix for this and I need to know what beta to expect this fixed issue to be deployed to us.

Thanks

2. Alex-Lian

Alex-Lian

Fixed means we've got a fix in a branch headed to a release branch.

When it arrives in a beta build, it should be listed in the release notes.

3. Ghosthowl

Ghosthowl

@Alex-Lian

Thanks for your reply, I have been checking and updating to each new beta build and see no mention of the fix yet. Since we have moved on to RC's now I worry though because in the past it seems only critical bug fixes were included before final release. Is there any way of knowing if this fix is still planned to release before 5.4 goes final?

4. Alex-Lian

Alex-Lian

So, talking with the physics team they had a fix teed up in their team branch, but wanted more time to test before landing to the release branch. Also, it's now bundled with a number of other fixes that bringing them all in at once has more general risk of regressing something else. Basically, we're going to be internally testing some more and hope to land it in a patch at this rate.

5. Ghosthowl

Ghosthowl

Thanks Alex,

I appreciate you taking the time to look into this for me. Understandable. Okay I will continue to wait for it.