Search Unity

1. Unity Asset Manager is now available in public beta. Try it out now and join the conversation here in the forums.
    Dismiss Notice

b16 - Package Manager - 2D Tilemap Editor

Discussion in '2020.1 Beta' started by noyogiisMYusername, Jul 15, 2020.

1. noyogiisMYusername

noyogiisMYusername

Just formatted my computer fresh Installs of everything, and updated from b15 to b16.
    2D Tilemap Editor Package is now missing from the Package Manager is there something strange on my side, has Tilemap been removed or is it just somehow missing from the Package Manager by accident, a slip through the cracks?
    Ubuntu 20.04
    Unity 2020.1.b.16
    upload_2020-7-15_17-51-44.png

Last edited: Jul 16, 2020
  2. ChuanXin

ChuanXin

Unity Technologies

Hi, sorry, this was missing by accident. This has been fixed. Could you confirm that it is showing up for you in the Package Manager? Thanks!

3. noyogiisMYusername

noyogiisMYusername

Thank you, much, it is now showing up. Would you please explain how it was not showing up? Do you have to include packages one by one in new functionality of the package manager as it is undergoing changes? And in case it had been something like a "going to be deprecated" instance, where would that be noted, I would imagine retaining it in the package manager without an install option, but with a message noting its deprecation and pointing to an alternative, would be the most appropriate method.
    Thank you

4. ChuanXin

ChuanXin

Unity Technologies

From what I know, there was a change made in the Package Manager for packages to be shown there. The 2D Sprite and Tilemap Editor packages were accidentally left out, and were put back in the fix.

Existing projects who have these packages are able to see it in the Package Manager and can access them. New projects created with the 2D template will have these packages included. Adding the corresponding packages in the Packages/manifest.json allows you to add these packages.