Search Unity

Azure Kinect Examples for Unity

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by roumenf, Jul 24, 2019.

1. josip-sarlija

josip-sarlija

Hi,
    is there a way to set kinect height and angle, or to set automatic angle detection like in Kinectv2 versions?

2. roumenf

roumenf

josip-sarlija likes this.
  3. mKaddour

mKaddour

Hi !
    i'm trying to use the mocap scene with my own model.
    The problem is that the 3D isn't animated.

I attached to it the same scripts as on the provided model.
    thank you.

4. roumenf

roumenf

The idea of the mocap-animator scene is to provide a simple tool for creating humanoid animations in Unity. The animation is recorded by-default to KinectDemos/MocapAnimatorDemo/Animations/MocapRecording, and is used by the RobotAnimated-animation controller in the same folder. This animation controller is used by the RobotAnimated-game object in the scene.

You can utilize both - the animation controller directly, or include the recorded animation in your own animation controller. This means you can retarget the same animation to your own humanoid model in your own scene. This is a feature of the Mecanim animation system in Unity. You don't need to put your model into the mocap-animator scene.

5. mKaddour

mKaddour

Hi,
    thank you for you answer, ill try to put everything on my own scene like you said.
    By the way, Your asset is awesome, it beacame very faster to dev on Azure Kinect !!
    Keep it going like this, you're awesome !

roumenf likes this.
  6. roumenf

roumenf

Thank you!

7. lomaikabini

lomaikabini

Hi All,

Is there a possibility to use BackgroundRemovalDemo1 in the portrait mode?

8. roumenf

roumenf

9. lomaikabini

lomaikabini

10. roumenf

roumenf

Hm. I just tested all background removal scenes with 9:16 aspect ratio in the Editor, and all seem to work as expected. What does not work for you?

11. lomaikabini

lomaikabini

It seems that min/max positions from ApplyForegroundFilterByBody() doesn't fit in portrait and it cuts image not as expected

12. roumenf

roumenf

OK. Please contact me to share more details about your issue.

13. fooldome

fooldome

Hi,
    I have a scene using microsoft's kinect v2, it works great in the editor, but when I build the kinect isn't turning on. Sure I must be missing something. Can you help?
    AMAZING ASSET BTW

14. AJMaceikaBrightLine

AJMaceikaBrightLine

Hey Rumen,
    I am using the background removal with the camera orientated clockwise and am getting some weird offset of the masking.It looks like the mask and the rgb feed are just slightly off in one direction. Have you tested the background removal with the camera orientated this way? And if you have did you need to change anything? I am also combining the the functionality of the Fitting room and Background removal.
    Any help would be greatly appreciated.

15. roumenf

roumenf

First please check that you are building for Windows. Then find the player's log-file and look at its contents, to find out what exactly went wrong. Here is where to find the Unity log-files: https://docs.unity3d.com/Manual/LogFiles.html

16. roumenf

roumenf

Yesterday I got a recording from a customer, with setup similar to yours (the camera was turned clockwise). In this case you don't need to change the screen aspect ratio or resolution, just turn the screen clockwise too, to keep the max resolution possible. The body tracking needs to be configured to work with clockwise camera, as well.

As far as I see, the background removal demo 3 (filter by body index) works correctly. Demo 1 (filter by body joints) needs some adjustment, in means of 'Offset to floor'. This is because the left part of the body is somehow filtered out. But when the sensor is turned clockwise, the user's left is actually sensor's bottom. Also, I don't see any noticeable discrepancies between the depth and RGB streams.

17. AJMaceikaBrightLine

AJMaceikaBrightLine

Thank you very much I will test the body index removal out and let you know.

18. mKaddour

mKaddour

Hello !
    I'm trying to use the "Grounded Feet" option of the AvatarController Script, but i have a little problem : my 3d model keep going up and down, and don't stop doing this.
    Do you have an idea of what is causing this ?
    I'm using it in a scene where i want to do a Live Mocap.
    Thank You !

19. roumenf

roumenf

Hi, it looks like a physics issue. If your 3d model has a Rigidbody-component, check if its 'Use gravity'-setting is disabled and 'Is kinematic'-setting is enabled. The other option (as far as I remember) was to disable the 'Vertical movement'-setting of AvatarController.

unityunity