Search Unity

1. Unity Asset Manager is now available in public beta. Try it out now and join the conversation here in the forums.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

AZERTY keyboard behavior

Discussion in '2022.1 Beta' started by Skflowne, Apr 23, 2022.

1. Skflowne

Skflowne

I'm experiencing a weird problem with Unity 2022.1.0b15, before I changed computer I noticed that my AZERTY problems seemed to be fixed for the first time in version 2022 I didn't have to change my keyboard to American input method through Windows so that all keys match my keyboard, mainly this is problematic with the WASD movement.

However, on my new computer I have that problem again. I've read that the new Input manager is based on physical layout so I don't understand how it's possible that I still get this problem. Unless the editor's not using that system under the hood ofc.

Is there anything that can be done about this ?

Last edited: Apr 24, 2022
  2. Schubkraft

Schubkraft

Unity Technologies

Can you be so nice to write a bug report through the Help > Report Bug and explain exactly what you are seeing?
    Thanks!

3. Skflowne

Skflowne

Honestly I'm really not sure if it's a bug, I'm not even sure if that has ever worked with any version at this point because I fixed the problem by changing shortcuts manually, and then installed 2021 final and it was working fine there. But of course it does since I changed my shortcuts, so I'm thinking that's the same reason I thought 2022 fixed my problem.

Anyways, I could file a bug report if you can confirm to me that the expected behavior is that Unity works out of the box with an AZERTY keyboard.

4. Schubkraft

Schubkraft

Unity Technologies

yes, with 22.1 this should be working.