Search Unity

Axis weirdness in 2009 exporter

Discussion in 'Editor & General Support' started by Mick, Jul 29, 2008.

1. Mick

Mick

I've noticed when exporting from Max 9 with the current exporter (2009.1) that objects sometimes become rotated at a right angle. Sometimes I can export an object with y-up, then export the same object with z-up, and they both come into Unity with the same (wrong!) orientation. I also tried a few tests that seem to show that if you export an object with y-up, then again with z-up, then again with y-up, the first 2 exports will have the same incorrect (right angle) orientation, and the last one will be correct. Has anyone else run into this?

2. jtw

jtw

I have had the same problem with max 2008, I'm still trying to figure it out.

3. holmeren

holmeren

Hi
    "It should be fixed"..... (but its not)
    If you wanna be 100% sure that you keep your axis you need to go to the settings in the exporter interface and choose the standart "autodesk settings" (in the top), then go to "axis" further down the interface menu and check "y" as up.

If you do this it should be ok.
    I see it as this, if you do this once and keep exporting the same object you are fine but if you change object and dont do the drill as explained above you will get a rotation :(
    I have reported it to the FBX team buuuuuut I think they are on holiday ;)

4. Mick

Mick

Thanks...it seems to work. (For now! :? )