Search Unity

Axis Game Factory

Discussion in 'Works In Progress - Archive' started by HeavyMcD, May 9, 2013.

?

Would you buy this?

1. Yes

41.7%
  2. This thing is awesome!

33.3%
  3. I want to use this code for my games

17.3%
  4. No

13.7%
  5. What the hell is this thing?

14.3%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. David-T

David-T

Is Axis Game Factory Pro in the Unity Asset store the same as Axis Game Factory Premium in the Steam store, with all of the same features for Unity?

2. HeavyMcD

HeavyMcD

YES and No.. The Steam Premium You mentioned is A DLC for AGFPRO. You need AGFPRO and PREMIUM, to get what you get with the version from the asset store and from our site.. You cannot only buy AGFPRO premium from Steam.

Last edited: Dec 12, 2013
  3. Infinito

Infinito

Hi all,

what is the great advantage of using Axis Game Factory over Unity free? Is it just easier to create terrains or are there any other advantages? I've already bought AGF Pro, what exactly do I get from the Premium DLC?

Thanks in advance!

4. HeavyMcD

HeavyMcD

(Q) what is the great advantage of using Axis Game Factory over Unity free?

(A) AGF is not intended to replace Unity free or Unity PRO. Is is designed to append the Unity tool-set. Please read: http://www.axisgamefactory.com/#!info/c9qb

(Q) Is it just easier to create terrains or are there any other advantages?

(A) Yes there are other advantages. Please read: http://www.axisgamefactory.com/#!info/c9qb If you don't have any Unity experience then it is difficult to tell you what the advantages are, if you haven't experienced the disadvantages of Unity as it is straght out of the box. Users of Unity and also AGF are happy that they bought AGF to use it with Unity. Each user has different needs. There cannot be one statement that I can give you to cover all possibilities. As I possible experiment. Try to do in Unity free OR pro what you can do in in AGF by just creating a project and selecting a preset theme. Without even doing anything in AGF you are already ahead of the curve. As everything in AGF is loaded playable and editable at run-time by just opening the software. The fact that you get over 500 completed assets and 32 preset themes and 28 sample scenes the cost of AGF is worth the money. even if you never even use AGF as all the assets are usable in Unity and we provide you with all the source for the assets.

(Q) I've already bought AGF Pro, what exactly do I get from the Premium DLC?

(A) I don't know when you purchased AGF or where you bought AGF from: There are actually 3 different combinations of AGF. If you are referring to what we offer on Steam it is something different then what we have available on our site and on the Unity Asset store. If you are asking me about AGFPRO From Steam I attached and Image below. If you are asking what we call AGFPRO from the Unity asset store and our site then those versions are in fact what we offer on Steam as the AGFPRO "Basc" and AGFPRO "Premium" DLC. In one purchase.

From the Steam Page:

$AGF_Table_01.png

5. HeavyMcD

HeavyMcD

$50_OFF_PREMIUM_01_616X353.png

In celebration of the New Year, we are offering a special discount of 50% off the retail price of AGFPRO-PREMIUM for a limited time. This means you get the Premium version of Axis Game Factory for only $50.00!

This special offer is limited to purchases made from the Axis Game Factory website by visiting our site and enter the coupon code: AGFPRO50 during check-out.

While visiting our website, make sure you download the FREE assets and tutorials we have provided to expand your library and level creation possibilities for AGFPRO!

Many thanks for your support!

The Axis Game Factory Team

www.axisgamefactory.com

Last edited: Jan 10, 2014
  6. Skyfly

Skyfly

Anyone tested the agf terrains with mobiley yet? I have an Asus TF300 an Asus Memopad 7HD and want to do some 'fly-over-terrain' projects. AGF looks good and would accelerate the whole terrain generation part a lot, so, can anyone confirm, if it works on Android (/iOS)?
    Thanks a lot

7. Skyfly

Skyfly

Anyway, I bought it and will try myself.

8. HeavyMcD

HeavyMcD

Please let me know if you are successful in using AGF scenes on those platforms. AGF uses the Unity terrain system. I am not sure if Unity's terrain system works for those devices you mention. Please mail me directly in the future. matt@axisgamefactory.com

I have not had time to keep up on the unity forums here since I released AGF on Steam. I am working on making AGF being able to be used with the Steam workshop. This would allow all AGF users to create their own games a release them on The Steam workshop and monetize their creations without having to go trough the Steam green light process.

Please note that that I have runtime AGF scene loaders available that allow you to make scenes in AGF and load them directly into your game without the need of Unity. Please let me know if you are interested in the code for that.

9. im

im

Last edited: Feb 11, 2014
  10. OP3NGL

OP3NGL

Hi,

Is AGF able to create openings of caves underground tunnels or such?

also can i re-export the terrain back to AGF? i mean like firstly, i import from AGF to unity, but i did some mods on unity hence i would like to know is it possible to re-import em back AGF?

11. HeavyMcD

HeavyMcD

Sorry no, AGF uses a height map terrain. This does not allow for tunnels and caves.

12. cl-apps

cl-apps

Trying to get AGF to work on my iPhone 5 so no it doesn't work. I'm trying the simple Unity terrain shader, not the Tri-Planar shader.

AGF creates a lot of .asset files (DTX1) for the terrain and textures which are not compatible with the iOS platform. They need to be PVRTC format... I'm not sure if this can be set inside AGF.

I'm just trying to get some terrain going at the moment, so no objects...

Anyway, I'm just getting a ton of DTX1 errors and no build :(

13. MOBii

MOBii

I dunno where I can make AGF suggestions
    (I am on mobile internet at the moment so I can only access the AGF forum after 2am here when the internet traffics is less, AGF www page is very heavy to load on my mobile internet)

AGF Suggestions I want
    1. make a .ini file to save all AGF values when the application closes
    so it remember all the settings and camera positions
    Even if it save in the scene I always need to click checkboxes and change things before I start again

2. I like sculpture the terrain as a painting so I like have at least 3 saved camera positions with key shortcuts.
    If I stand and look at my scene and then move and edit the terrain its hard get back to exact position for my painting!
    If the camera move just slightly it's more or less a whole new painting

3. I miss a key Shortcut for the play mode.
    I dunno if I can set (save) start position for the camera when start playing (X, Y, Z)?
    I like it start with the camera position I had when I put the Start_Locator

The AGF was really easy to get started with and I like the light settings very much!
    I hope you can make AGF to become one of the best leveling editor there is.
    Even my 72 year old mother ask question about AGF for drawing landscapes

14. tequyla

tequyla

Hi,

Is AGF compatible with unity 4.3.3 ?

Can i push an object from Blender, for example, without compile into unity3D before ?

+++

Last edited: Feb 21, 2014
  15. Twilight Zone

Twilight Zone

Last edited: Mar 6, 2014
  16. Xardyon

Xardyon

Hello I am trying to import textures and assets into AGF but I am getting a Color issue can you please help me...... I have followed the tutorials and also have named all the files with the correct naming convention but no luck

. $Color Issue on textures.png

17. Tortyfoo

Tortyfoo

That version does not support Unity if you check the features table. You need to buy the Pro version to get same version as asset store. This version was in the same promotion but was $39.95 so more like a daily sale here on Asset Store. Note if you have the Adrenaline Bundle you can get get the Pro version for $20 for next 3 days only. I assume as on Steam would support both PC and Mac.

Note not bought Axis or connected with them just trying to help.

18. HeavyMcD

HeavyMcD

I had this same issue. I was able to resolve it by using a different version of Unity to make the asset pack. I had to use the same version of Unity that the build was created with. It seems that unity may have changed the way that they pack the textures from build to build. I have only noticed this issue on 64 bit versions of AGF. It doesn't seem to happen in the 32 bit builds. If you please email me at matt@axisgamefactory.com with your proof of purchase information. I will be happy to send you a link to the latest version of AGF built with the Unity 4.3.4

19. HeavyMcD

HeavyMcD

The AGF scene file will load into Unity 4.3.3 and 4.3.4 using the original AGF tools that are part of the product that are distributed on the unity asset store.

AGF does not at this time allow for users to load models into it directly. I have the code in development to add this feature. My lead programmer has been busy with the birth of his son. So development has slowed since we first released. We will get a new build of AGF available as soon as things have settled for him. If you would like to contact me directly please see my e-mail in my signature.

20. HeavyMcD

HeavyMcD

The version you are referring to is called AGFPRO "basic" on Steam and now Bundle Stars, soon to be available at Game-stop Amazon and Humble Bundle and so many other distribution channels, I have lost count. The AGFPRO "Basic" version does not have the code needed to support Unity in it.

This does not mean that the "premium" version of AGF isn't available at those distribution portals. It's just that Steam asked us to make two versions of AGF. AGFPRO "Basic" and the AGFPRO "Premium" DLC.

The "premium" version on Steam, is only the Unity tools. The purchase of AGFPRO "premium" DLC requires you to buy the "Basic" version first. So in fact, the cost on the Unity Asset Store is less.

As of TODAY, The basic version on Steam is $19.99. The "Premium" DLC for AGF is currently $79.00. The same combination on the Unity Asset store and our website is $75.00.

What also happened, that I did not expect, is the multitude of secondary distributors of AGF. I have found many distributors that have bought mass copies of AGF on sale at different times from Steam and are selling the Steam keys at reduced prices. I don't have a problem with this. I am happy they are out there. I am stoked that they are able to make some money from AGF as well as boost the popularity.

I agree its a bit of a mess. In hindsight I would have done the entire release and naming much differently. Unfortunately I don't have a time machine.

You make mention of the fact that we have not made any updates to AGF since it was initially released. That is not at all accurate. There has been 3 updates to AGF from Steam, resolving several issues that had to do with the way Steam handles the application within it's framework. I have also posted links to texture and model packages to users for free on this thread as well as others throughout the internet.

The fact that there has not been Unity Asset Store updates is the fact that making updates of AGF on Unity is a huge pain. Not to mention the fact that there are so little sales of AGF from the Unity Asset Store and the copies that have sold through Unity have also been posted to numerous pirate sights.

The fact that we have not needed to make updates to AGF speaks to the quality of the product. It does what it says it does and it does it well. The sheer numbers of users and the accolades I receive from happy AGF users support this statement. That being said. I do have many features in progress for AGF.

If your comment "still version 1.0 no update for how many months ?" is an attempt to make it look like we are not working on, or furthering AGF. I am happy to tell you that it is simple not accurate. I agree that releasing new features for AGF is well overdue. There is only so much time in the day. Rest assured I have not gone away. I think I have proven myself to be a person that get things done.

You also make mention of AGF being on "promotion" at $75.00. You say these things as if they are a bad thing, I am not sure what you are getting at. I would appreciate some clarification. I lowered the price of AGF on Unity almost 4 months ago and simply haven't seen a reason to change it. I doubt you want me to increase the cost. I am not sure if lowering it would help. I have had several notes into the staff at Unity regarding promotions for AGF and or ways to drive traffic to AGF from their Asset store home page. Unfortunately nothing has happened. I don't know what to tell you. It doesn't make sense to me either.

We went from less then 200 users of AGF from Unity Asset Store sales to more then 20,000 users since we started distribution on Steam about 4 months ago. I haven't had time to make updates to AGF because of the growing pains and the fact that I have new programmers on the team that I have to get up to speed. Also My lead programmer's wife had a baby.

If you have a particular bug to report or would like to see a feature, I would love to hear it. Again, not really sure what your comment is about.

Life happens, I appreciate your understanding.

Last edited: Mar 13, 2014
  21. HeavyMcD

HeavyMcD

@TortyFOO,

Thanks for the support.

22. HeavyMcD

HeavyMcD

Need a current version of AGF, an AGF Steam key, You have a question, constructive crit and or feature request. Just send me proof of purchase of AGF to my e-mail along with a note and what OS you are using, to:

matt@axisgamefactory.com

I will get back to you as soon as I can.

Thank you for your support of AGF.

-Matt

23. Tortyfoo

Tortyfoo

No problem although no where as near as detailed as your comprehensive reply :)
    After posting about the Bundlestars deal I did end up taking advantage of it but not yet downloaded. More an investment for a potential future project.

24. HeavyMcD

HeavyMcD

Thanks for the purchase. Let me know if you have any questions or need any help.

25. Teila

Teila

I just purchased the Steam Basic AGF but received a receipt saying I purchased Premium. So...which is it? I certainly paid the Basic price.

Then I bought the Premium version from Bundle Stars. While the key sent was accepted, I was unable to install this "Premium" version because Steam said I already had it installed.

So..it looks like I bought the same software twice, even though I was very careful. The Bundle Stars website had a link to the software on Steam and it was, without a doubt, the premium version. It was there I learned I also needed the basic.

Was I scammed and by who? These names are all confusing, obviously not just to me but to the places that sell the software. Right now, I am sorry I ever purchased the software and especially disgusted with Steam (whom I have never used before) for making the developer use such similar names!

Edit: Bundle Stars was prompt in returning my email and we figured it all out. Steam was not updating with the newly installed content. My son was able to help me by restarting Steam. Such a simple solution.

I still think the naming conventions are very confusing. Why not call the Premium an add-on or Expansion and make it easier? :)

Last edited: Mar 13, 2014
  26. antipheer1

antipheer1

I actually beta tested this back in 2012. The game looks like it changed alot.

27. HeavyMcD

HeavyMcD

Please mail me directly with your proof of purchase. I will be happy to send you a link to what ever you need.

AGFPRO premium is an expansion to AGFPRO basic. Premium is a DLC. It cannot be used without the "basic" purchase. If you don't have what you thought you bought from bundle stars. Please let me know and I will correct the issue for you.

28. SolitudeSA

SolitudeSA

29. kunalht

kunalht

Hii
    Should I buy Axis game factory bundle ^^ if i dont have Unity Pro ?
    Is there any Use of it in unity (not pro)?

Last edited: Jun 3, 2014
  30. primus88

primus88

I bought the AGF Premium, but I don't get it how is it better then the normal version.
    Or do I have to buy the basic version as well?
    Also, is this tool still being developed? I've seen no reaction from Matt in a long time.

31. SolitudeSA

SolitudeSA

32. RandAlThor

RandAlThor

Hi, i am reading about the new 2.0 update and that i now can import obj objects directly so i do not have to use unity for that.

My questions here are:
    1.Can i still use Unity for that and do i have benefits by doing so? I think that way i can import also animations to agf.

2.If i import obj directly into agf, can i still export then the complete level to unity including the imported obj? That way i can use it faster for non animated objects.

3.I read or saw somewhere that you also use Lightwave for modeling your 3D objects. Do you have some infos on how to export from lw to agf as an obj? Are there any do´s or dont´s i should remember when modeling for agf as a level creation tool to export to Unity pro besides the known ones for unity in general?
    Do you maybe have or plan an importer for lws or lwo directly into agf?

33. SolitudeSA

SolitudeSA

Hi RandAlThor, it'll be best to go ask your questions on the Steam forums. I posted the link just before yours.

34. Venged

Venged

I bought AGF from the Asset store. I think I was one of the first customers. I like it a lot. Will all the support be answered on Steam going forward? Thanks

35. SolitudeSA

SolitudeSA

I don't know since I don't actually have anything to do with Axis Game Factory. :) However I have realised that they are quick to respond on the Steam forums whereas I haven't seen them post here in a while.

36. Venged

Venged

37. Barry_Evans

Barry_Evans

im considering using this tool in my next project but I noticed that there are extrusion that are possible in AGF that aren't unity terrain editor. Are all terrains created in AGF compatible to be exported to unity?

38. SolitudeSA

SolitudeSA

39. Barry_Evans

Barry_Evans

40. S3dition

S3dition

Apparently I have the same issue. I just noticed I have AGFPRO in Steam, but not the Premium DLC. Though my invoice says Axis Game Factory Premium. I actually bought it to work on mobile games, but shelved it for later when I learned it wasn't mobile friendly (still plan on using it, just not the for the project at the time).

I know that, ultimately, it's not your fault. But it is an issue that people are running scams to sell Steam keys and misrepresenting the item you'll get when you redeem them.

If you hadn't just explained the Basic vs Premium thing, I wouldn't have noticed until I tried to export the scene for use in Unity.

EDIT - After refreshing the store page on steam, AGF Premium DLC has switched from BUY to PLAY. I assume it was a problem on Steam's end. However, I noticed nothing inside AGF actually says what version I'm running. Could you add something that Lists AGF, AGFPRO - Basic, and AGFPRO - Premium? I think it would help resolve some of the confusion.

Last edited: Aug 28, 2014
  41. primus88

primus88

For me it's money thrown off the window. I have no interest in playing, I was interested in developing with this tool.
    I do think it's the owners fault because there are lots of different packages on Steam (no less than 8 packages !) which create a lot of confusion on what exactly what are the capabilities of each package.

I see the same complains in the community area so yeah..

42. HeavyMcD

HeavyMcD

Sorry you guys have negative opinions. AGF is or was on sale for 9.99 on indie gala. That came with everything we make. The only difference with Premium and basic atm is that premium will allow you to make asset packs from Unity pro. But you can now load asset directly into AGF via OBJ format, using the import object in the constructor app. Both AGF pro and premium allow you to load the scenes you make in AGF to Unity.. FYI... Just the triplanar shader alone is worth the money. I am not sure why users sam AGF is not Mobile friendly, All the tech we use it Unity tech. The terrain is Unity terrain. I just made the terrain editor and prefab building easier. I have made a massive amount of upgrades to the latest version 2.0 but i am still working out some bugs and i haven't had time to update the sites yet.

43. HeavyMcD

HeavyMcD

The difference is that you now have the asset packager tool in your Steam folder. You need to import that into Unity pro to use it.

44. Teila

Teila

Wow, my post was a LONG time ago. Thanks for trying to help but I figured it out, played with it, and abandoned using Axis factory because I didn't like the tools any better than Unity. So thanks anyway!

45. S3dition

S3dition

I wouldn't say I have a negative opinion. I'm actually looking forward to using it. Just a rocky purchase experience.

I was told by a developer on the Steam Forums that it is not mobile friendly. Keep in mind that many mobile devices crash when loading Unity Terrain above very tiny sizes.

46. Rob2too

Rob2too

I have exactly the same issue and noticed the above question went past unanswered by @heavyh2o and was hoping a solution may have been found. AGF is a truly fantastic tool and lack of iOS support seems a bit odd if it is purely an image format problem.

47. GarBenjamin

GarBenjamin

Is this thing dead now with Unity 5 or does it work with it? I've been focusing a lot of time on scene / level building in Unity and while I have made some great progress (mainly thanks to ProGrids 2) I still find level building takes way more time than it should. This looks like it may well be the solution if it supports Unity 5 "out of the box".

48. kblood

kblood

For me AGF seems to limit what I can do, so I would rather want the FPS stuff and such that I got with AGF Premium into Unity, so I could use the FPS controller in a Unity project instead of just having it as a play option in AGF. Is that possible?

49. RabidBat

RabidBat

@heavyh2o are you still actively working on and supporting AGFPRO?

If so can you test it and update it to work with Unity 2017.

Thought I'd try here as email, skype, steam forums and your youtube channels seems to yield no response.
    Been 2 weeks since I reached out with all your recommended methods and I have heard squat.

50. RabidBat

RabidBat

Abandoned software. Even on Steam.
    Amazed it's still being sold here on the Unity store, let alone still being sold on Steam.

All this time and still no word on either platforms from the devs. Even emailing them has been a waste of time.