Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Axis Game Factory

Discussion in 'Works In Progress - Archive' started by HeavyMcD, May 9, 2013.

?

Would you buy this?

1. Yes

41.7%
  2. This thing is awesome!

33.3%
  3. I want to use this code for my games

17.3%
  4. No

13.7%
  5. What the hell is this thing?

14.3%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. HeavyMcD

HeavyMcD

AGF does work with UNITY FREE!!! (mostly)

We tested out the use of AGFpro with The Unity free version today with some really surprising results. Turns out the AGF scenes will load (import) into the free version of Unity just fine. All of the assets that are shipped with the product also are importing correctly as well as the terrains. The only things different are the image effects and water that get reverted to the Unity free versions. The only thing that you cannot do with AGF and the free Unity is make asset packs for use in AGF. This is not a big deal if you want to make your own assets as you can replace any assets with your versions in Unity.

Thanks again, Tell a friend about AGF,

Matt

Last edited: Sep 10, 2013
  2. HeavyMcD

HeavyMcD

3. HeavyMcD

HeavyMcD

New builds are up for both PC and Mac. We added the toggle to go between tri-planar and simple terrain. So older macs will display the terrain correctly.. Added the "manage assets" button to the file picker windows. So it is faster to add assets to your scenes. Made many more built-in presets. Updated all the executables to have the correct icons as well as the internal players to display correct icons as well. Fixed bad uvs on some of the building assets. Made more rock color variations. Made and added many plants. Many more terrain textures with better normal maps. The images that display in the file requester are double the size now. Snapshot window is also double the size. I adjusted some of the lighting on the presets so they were not so blown out. I am sure there is more but I don't remember and my wife is calling me to get into the house and eat dinner. So I'll have to bounce. Have fun everyone!!!

Last edited: Sep 10, 2013
  4. HeavyMcD

HeavyMcD

New Axis Game Factory Video 1kms terrain with a ton of vegetation.
    [video=youtube_share;9jEMcsXBTlg]http://youtu.be/9jEMcsXBTlg

5. HeavyMcD

HeavyMcD

Last edited: Sep 14, 2013
  6. HeavyMcD

HeavyMcD

7. HeavyMcD

HeavyMcD

AXIS GAME FACTORY (AGF) Free Demos
    Available for both MAC and PC. You can do everything except save scenes. There are no tools for adding geometry to the tool via Unity or importing data back into Unity. That is what you will have to pay for.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/8ugb0qz59o0bfz9/yBNUwL-PeP

These scene files are all inside the "Sample Scenes" directory and are now available if you purchase the product. I only can load 5 images per post here, but there are eight in total. I made them today in AGF.. Each are 1kms in scale. All scene files can also be loaded and played in the stand alone players- also posted.

$Sample_01.png $Sample_02.png $Sample_03.png $Sample_07.png $Sample_08.png

Last edited: Sep 11, 2013
  8. HeavyMcD

HeavyMcD

NOTES ON LATEST BUILD (09.12.2013)

We redesigned the project setup windows. It's now a step by step wizard that is more user friendly. Eventually all assets that are imported from the "root "Asset Packs" directory will be copied by the code to into *your project* directory. So in the event you want to share your scenes, you only need to send out "your project* directory and its contents. There are also notations that let you know if your actions are going to save over data that you might not want to. Please note: there is now a "load all" button at the top of the warehouse window. This will load all the "warehouse" assets that are available in the "Asset Packs" directory. We discovered a bug that we are going to fix that allows you to remove assets from the warehouse using the manage assets window, without removing them from the scene. The problem is that if the assets that are used in your scene and then removed from the warehouse and then that scene is saved it will break the scene and not let you load it again. So please keep that in mind when managing your assets.

We added back into the warehouse the weapons pack to make fps levels. Please note that these have a (L) after then in the asset manager. File marked with an (L) are for reference only and are encrypted in the code. The assets will skipped when importing into Unity. WE do not have redistribution rights to these assets. Eventually placeholder objects will be generated on the Unity side so you can make and or buy assets to replace them with.

I made a ton more Village_01 assets and more are coming, I noticed that there are a few flipped normals on some of the windows. I will be fixing those today. Please check out all the new plants, terrain and vegetation packs. Please note that the terrain and vegetation textures do not load when you press the load all button. We will fix that.

There are many other small bugs that need to be addressed but nothing that will keep you from using the software.

Enjoy!!!

9. HeavyMcD

HeavyMcD

I thought I would post the things that we are working on. Numbers at left reflects priority.

1 Removing asset packs from scenes where the assets are being used and then saving the scene breaks the saved file and keeps it from loading in both the editor and external players warn the user that the object(s) will be removed from scene.
    1 Words on the screen that read right click and hold for menu
    1 Rotation cursor art needs to be fixed for the camera
    1 Internal players icons need to be made to look different from external players
    1 When entering a scene file place the camera at the center of the world and ray cast to find the ground level so we don't end up under the terrain. Also to and from the build mode.
    1 Keep logo and loading screen over the GUI as it loads
    1 Loop loading sound effect
    1 In the editor there should be a loading.. Window displayed while the file is loading
    1 Terrain editor window needs to have the redundant brushes removed
    1 Objects window in build that displays all the objects in the build also for focusing and selection.
    1 Copy asset packs to the project directory as the user adds them to each project. Integrate assets used in the start-up wizard
    1 Load all models (prefabs) with every project
    1 We need the camera home button on the top of the camera options. it should read: Center camera to environment. The camera should move to the center of the environment above the terrain and or the water.
    1 choosing play should prompt the user to save save the scene file and or allow them to choose not to
    1 We need to figure out a way to get the colors to change fast when changing the spectrum's for the vegetation.
    1 Global vegetation scale slider. (GUI)
    1 We need a way to turn off the vegetation quickly without having to change the distance and or density.
    1 Loading... words in the external players..
    1 Weapons icons need to be changed so they do not down res when at lower quality settings
    1 Icons in FPS player need to be changed so they do not down res when at lower quality settings
    1 Escape should not quit the external players. It should only pause the game so you can release the mouse cursor.
    1 We should be able to get back into the game without having to reload it. When you launch external players it should
    ask you to name the file if is a sample first. Then display quality and resolution settings. then display "play"
    1 Add a "reload scene" button to all the external players to display when they are in paused mode. Assuming that the user might have made changes to the scene in the editor.
    1 Resolution and Quality settings should be in available all external players
    1 We need a button so the user knows the geometry brush is active. At the top "make current brush active" toggle button
    1 The users should be able to change the vegetation density and
    distance in the external players to allow them to tweak for better frame rate.
    1 pasting objects into build should load the assets into the center of the build area with the lowest object at the grid level or better a send to build button from the radial select menu
    1 FPS player loading BG should be updated with latest art in keeping with other external players.
    1 External player BGs should be set so they do not down res at lower quality settings
    1 Pictures that are made with the saved files should not be down resed at lower quality settings
    1 When erasing vegetation if you have painting on it will paint too, it should only erase vegetation
    1 Add the location object framework. Make it from the NPC code set. I'll make the locators. When we add any location locators it should also open the same window that we used for the NPC's so we can name it, change the order and center (focus) on it when selected.
    1 We need to be able to set and see the build-able area as well as the sculpt-able area
    1 Vegetation visibility toggle button
    1 when planting, the option text should read space bar to remove or erase plants.
    1 Copy from the radial menu should have additional options, Clipboard and cursor, Cursor would attach all the assets to the cursor, in the same manner they would be as a loaded custom model. the copied to cursor assets should also be attached to the cursor if the user changes to new "prefab" mode
    1 frame selected at the camera window and at the objects radial menu
    1 add to radial menu- objects - copy to objects - pick
    1 remove select from objects
    1 add select from the top radial menu
    1 create second menu state when in select object mode or objects are selected
    1 in selected menu state make radial menu with cut, copy to clipboard, copy to cursor
    1 Delete button on the built-in presets (load preset file) needs to be removed.
    1 Information window or words overlay-ed in the window displaying what scene is currently loaded
    2 Drop down menus
    2 fix grid colors for the macs and add GUI for grid line thickness and transparency

2 Terrain nudge up and down GUI with toggle to move all objects too.
    2 Display the terrain height in Terrain GUI
    2 Add "Clean up Scene" feature to remove any assets that share the same name and location and scale
    2 Add "Copy Attributes" feature- takes the scale and rotation from the next click object and puts those attributed on the last object on your cursor -result will change the object at cursor to reflect the new attributes
    2 We need to be able to set the playable area to keep players from walk off the maps
    2 If object is selected and the users goes to delete, the selected object should be deleted.
    2 If users are in delete mode the next clicked object should be deleted
    2 Change the presets buttons and dialogue window from presets to themes
    2 Shift+Space Bar should remove all vegetation regardless of the vegetation toggle settings
    2 Add ability to change quality and resolution in the external players (radial menu) or buttons
    2 When adding geometry with geometry brush the option text should read space bar to remove or erase current brush assets
    2 Shift+space bar should remove all assets that were placed with Geo brush if we are in geometry brush state.
    2 Add Terrain flattening feature
    2 Add Terrain smoothing feature
    2 Mode select needs to have buttons with names instead of the icons
    2 ability to adjust bloom effect (GUI)
    2 ability to adjust asao effect (GUI)
    3 The ability for the user to change the objects pivot point in the new "Prefab" mode.
    3 Global vegetation spectrum color inputs
    3 Add ability to save vegetation pallets
    3 Icon toolbar with tool-tips
    3 We need a button that will disable collision when in play mode on the geometry brushes as they are created that the user can toggle on and off. This will allow the user to toggle the collision off for things plant models
    3 We need to get some kind of object culling in place to help with frame rate
    3 cameras re positioning should consider the scale of the last object placed so it does not move the camera so far back
    3 Rename width and Height to W and H to save room and move the right hand data in the vegetation editors to the left to fit better on the GUI
    3 Packager should let you know when it has completed packaging.
    3 We should be able to turn the camera effects on and off in the players and or choose camera effects that will be used in the player
    3 Camera effects should be turned on when the user is in the create snapshot mode
    4 change the build mode to prefab mode and rename the files to .AGFP
    4 from the objects radial menu, add replace. Next selected object will turn yellow and allow the user to roll their mouse enter roller/button to change to another object in the directory or allow the user to click any other object in the warehouse and changes the yellow object to that object at the same scale and rotation. Should only work with one selected object or prefab at a time.
    4 when selecting objects and miss clicking the gadgets, the selected objects become un-selected. Undo should take you back the the last selected objects state.
    4 Add Grouping - allow the user to create groups of selected objects. Make a folder in the objects list with the grouped objects in there. The grouped objects scale and rotation should behave as if it is one prefab.

10. HeavyMcD

HeavyMcD

I made some animating windmills to add to the Village_01 asset pack today.. Use the legacy animation importer to make animated assets play automatically in the editor and players when you export them from Unity to AGF warehouse. Don't forget to set the animations to loop :)

$Windmills_01.png

11. HeavyMcD

HeavyMcD

I updated the dropbox and added an "Asset_Packs" directory.
    The latest version of the Village_01 pack I made today includes the Windmill I made and fixes to the windows where the normals were flipped backwards.
    Windmill_01 looks like this...

$Windmills_02.png

12. HeavyMcD

HeavyMcD

AGF 09.13.2013 agfPROv1.0 Testing Footage quick sample of new assets...

[video=youtube;y7_cnFT7cHs]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y7_cnFT7cHs&feature=c4-overview&list=UULPqwJa_46PkRJsS_iHQLHg

13. Jaimi

Jaimi

I've tried to purchase this several times, but clicking on the yellow "Buy Now" button just take me to the paypal main page.

14. MrProfessorTroll

MrProfessorTroll

I have a question, if I wanted to use occlusion culling, would that still work with this?

15. HeavyMcD

HeavyMcD

Hi Jaimi,

I made several changes to the website and broke the links. I fixed all of them and they should be working now. Please remember to refresh the page to get the new version of the site. Please let me know if you have any further questions or issues.

Thanks,

Matt

16. HeavyMcD

HeavyMcD

Hello Mr. Troll,

Once you made the scene in AGF and you imported it into Unity you can add whatever code you needed for your game. So if you want occlusion culling you make the code that supports that. You can also make your own external players that would have occlusion culling built into them and you could load AGF scenes straight into your player without going through Unity. We provide all the code that is needed for you to read the AGF scene format with the Unity Packages.

We do have what may be considered occlusion culling already built into the internal players. When the character is occluded by another geometry not allowing the camera to see it. the geometry between the camera and that character is turned off allowing the user to navigate the character properly. I don't think this is what you were asking about though.

Please let me know if you need any further information,

Matt

17. HeavyMcD

HeavyMcD

Notes on AGF and how the Transformation tools work and why they work that way...

Selected Objects and Transforms- When an object is selected and that object has transforms. Ctrl + r resets the transforms on a object in whatever transform state you are in. Shift +r will eventually reset all transforms regardless of what transform state you are in. We have to code that into the software still.

Objects at Tool-Tip and Transforms- When you have an object on your tool-tip, pressing and holding ctrl while tapping space bar, will put that object into transform states, rotation x,y,z and scale Rolling your middle mouse button makes the transforms occur. While in any axis of an rotation state you can also hold the shift in conjunction with the Ctrl key to get the object to rotate in integers of 45*while you roll your mouse wheel. When an object is on your tool-tip, tapping the r button resets any transforms that you might have on that object and takes it back to its original state. Please Note: AGF is set up so that if you rotate and or scale an object on your tool-tip using the ctrl+tap space-bar each other object taken from the warehouse will inherent that same rotation and scale.

Copying Objects with Transforms- This automatic asset transformation also occurs if you rotate on object manually by selecting it and then copy that object, but then go to the warehouse and select another object. The transforms are taken from the copied object and added to the new object taken from the warehouse. The software assumes that you want to continue to assemble multiple parts with the same transformations so you can fit things together properly. You can easily and quickly reset all the rotations and scales by tapping r on your keyboard.

Thanks,

Matt

Last edited: Sep 15, 2013
  18. Deleted User

Deleted User

19. HeavyMcD

HeavyMcD

Ok, Thanks, I remember that to be called something else back in the olden days. So the answer there is no.. AGF does not currently provide that.. It could still be done back on the Unity side after the scene is imported back into Unity. If occlusion culling is indeed a manual thing. I don't see any reason why we couldn't support that in the future. You brought up light mapping. I don't see that as being manual. The light maps are baked into the models via the lighting in Unity, right?. I only bring it up because AGF does not have that functionality built into it either. I don't think I can access Unity's lighting and rendering in that manner and generate light-maps at run time. I'll look into that though. Who knows maybe there is a way. I am surprised how many things we have been able to do at run-time in AGF, it actually being a Unity made app and all.

Thanks for the help with that question.

20. HeavyMcD

HeavyMcD

21. Deleted User

Deleted User

If you can apply occlusion culling after loading an AGF scene, I bet lightmapping will work, too, since it's the same kind of deal - some scene prep including marking the lightmapped GameObjects as static, then hit a Bake button (or whatever it's called), and that can be deferred as the last step before the final build (ah, I see you have a Mac build, I should just give it a try...)

http://docs.unity3d.com/Documentation/Manual/Lightmapping.html

22. HeavyMcD

HeavyMcD

Yes please do. Let me know if you have any questions. This video is dated but it might get you up and running faster.

I need to make a new demonstration video tomorrow.

23. HeavyMcD

HeavyMcD

After posting this video for you (technicat) I went back to watch the video. The terrain and vegetation editing is much more powerful then it was back when I made the video. We actually were able access the internal Unity vegetation system and it works much better now. All the Unity IO code is now complete. WE made tools to create assets for use in AGF as well as import AGF scenes back into UNITY. ALL CODE for the IO WORKS and is available to you (and everyone else) NOW if you purchase the software from our website. http://www.axisgamefactory.com/pre-order.html at this time AGFPRO is $99.00 The price will go up to $149.99 once we go live in the UNITY ASSET STORE.. Hopefully next week.

I really need to make a new tutorial video. AGF is so much better now. Always something to do, right?

24. HeavyMcD

HeavyMcD

Last edited: Sep 18, 2013
  25. HeavyMcD

HeavyMcD

New agf pc build is up on the dropbox...

26. HeavyMcD

HeavyMcD

Last edited: Sep 18, 2013
  27. HeavyMcD

HeavyMcD

AGF 09.17.2013 New Demo Build!!!
    agfPROv1.0 Demo Sample Scene Footage.
    All of these scenes are available
    in the free downloadable demo.
    Go to http://www.axisgamefactory.com/ to download the free demo.

[video=youtube_share;RzDolHnrKAM]http://youtu.be/RzDolHnrKAM

28. HeavyMcD

HeavyMcD

NEW BUILDS, MORE FEATURES That's what AGF is all about!!!

New PC and MAC builds.

NEW additions to the vegetation editing.
    Ability to modify the vegetation size, scale, spectrum, density, distance, saturation ,value, color, individually, dynamically and globally, All from the GUI.
    Point Light Assets- 10 colors- With and without cast shadows. You can change the intensity and range. Alt+space bar MBR roll to adjust Tap space bar again to switch to range. GUI displays the range.
    More vegetation texture sets. 30 in total.
    More Warehouse Assets. Over 300 assets are now in packaged with the product and more are being made. Click the "LOAD ALL" button at the top of the warehouse window to load them all automatically.

Enjoy,

Matt

$09-19-2013.jpg

29. HeavyMcD

HeavyMcD

Last chance to save money on AGF!!!
    I just posted our first submission to the Unity Asset Store. Hopefully every thing goes well and it gets approved quickly!! As soon as AGF gets approved by the UAS. The price will go up to 150.00 on our web site. if you haven't already purchased AGF at the lower price of $99.99 form our web site this is your last chance....

http://www.axisgamefactory.com/

Latest addition to AGF, another way to get to you assets in the warehouse, AGF now comes with almost 400 assets with source files!!

$Warehouse_01.jpg

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/8ugb0qz59o0bfz9/yBNUwL-PeP

$Verticle_Logo_04.gif

30. HeavyMcD

HeavyMcD

AGF- Time lapse level creation.

[video=youtube_share;lp6ghZSqCHM]http://youtu.be/lp6ghZSqCHM

31. HeavyMcD

HeavyMcD

A little AGF Q and A, I wanted to share..

Q- Can you create groups of objects like this and then save / export them as a single "object" that can be loaded / imported for multiple uses?
    A- Yes. In the "prefab" area. Click on the "prefab" button in the Mode menu. If you have an older version it would have been a tools icon or read "build" I just changed it.. The objects you create and save in prefab pop up in the warehouse under custom. I guess we should re-name that to prefab too.

Q-What about exporting them as a template other people can import? That way people could create libraries of user made content they can use?
    A- Yes, all of that is already in there. I always intended that people share their creations That is one of the corner stones of the whole design behind AGF. Build,Play,Share. You don't have to export and import though the files are easily copied to another machine. You can see them in the project's directory. Depending what the name of your project is.I think you could make your project live on a dropbox that you share with others, it should work all the same. You should give it a try and get back to me. Eventually the Sharing of asset will be available in the tool itself, connected to a cloud or server of content. So people can all know what is available and who made it.. give them props or not. Think a game version of Facebook or Youtube. We will soon be adding network game play and scene linking where one persons scene can be linked to another persons scene and so on to create an unlimited worlds that are made by all the AGF users.

More- I totally forgot to tell you. The preset themes are exactly what you describe as templates. There are now28 different ones I have made. I will make more as I can. You can load all or any part of a theme. Go to Radial menu. Load-Builtin to get the ones I made or make your own, save and and share them from the presets folder in your project. To load and save custom presets go to radial menu Load or save- custom. When saving a preset or scene you can make an image for it with the snapshot icon and tap the space-bar. Please note that objects placed in a scene and then that scene save as a preset, When the preset is loaded the objects will not be there. I you want to share an entire scene. You need to share the scene file only. Any prefabs and or theme presets will be loaded with that file. If you only want to share prefabs. Say a house you made. You only need to send that file from the "Models" directory in the project file. Assuming that whoever you send the models themes or scenes to have the same asset packs that you used everything will load up without issue. You can also save , share and load things like terrain pallets, lighting fog, atmospheres, But I wont get into all that now.

Last edited: Sep 22, 2013
  32. Matt AGF

Matt AGF

NEW AGF BUILDS AND PLATFORMS!!!

We just completed the installers for both the PC and MAC versions. If you have already purchased AGF they are available from the "new" Dropbox.
    We also posted to the google+ AGF testers group the first LINUX build.. Everything is working great!!

33. cl-apps

cl-apps

Just bought this after playing with the demo, works really nice. Just one question, I've got my paypal receipt but where is the download link to the full version? Will it appear via email?

Thanks for a great tool!

34. HeavyMcD

HeavyMcD

Thanks for the purchase!! If you haven't received the link please mail me directly so I can hook up up properly.

-Matt

35. cl-apps

cl-apps

Sorted, thanks! Brilliant tool... creating a few lands now...

36. cl-apps

cl-apps

Just importing AGF scene files into Unity and everything looks really good. I am just doing some tests and wanted to see how things work on mobile so converted my desktop project to an iOS project. The scene goes very bright and strange looking. I assume the shaders don't work well at the moment with iOS?

Any ideas when they might be compatible?

37. HeavyMcD

HeavyMcD

You will have to be use the standard unity terrain shader. You can change it in unity or agf..

38. cl-apps

cl-apps

Yep, that sort of fixed things however the textures are DXT5 textures and error out when building for the iPhone platform. Do I need to manually change this or is there a smoother way to go?

39. Darkworth

Darkworth

First off I wanted to congratulate you on the release. I have been following this project since I first heard about it. I am a programmer and while I don't have any problems using Unity's editor, I was kind of looking forward to this as a nice tool to quickly prototype levels to test my code in. I have only played with the demo a little but so far it looks like you have created a very nice level editing platform that is very user friendly! Great Job, and Congratulations!

And now I will tell you why I will not be purchasing it... and please note that this is not a slam or anything of that nature, simply feedback from a users perspective who was looking forward to the project and was immediately put off by one deal breaking aspect. You are selling it "per platform" as apposed to "per user license". Simply put that is an automatic deal breaker for me (and I would have purchased it otherwise). I use 2 computers for my Unity development, a very high end desktop PC for the majority of my work, and a MacBook Pro for my mobile and "can't be at my desk" development. An every day scenario that this impacts is that I am the father of an 18 month old child. When he is awake I cannot be upstairs on my desktop, so I have to use my MacBook Pro downstairs where his playroom, and the TV is. Yet when he is napping or asleep for the night, etc, I want to be developing on my Desktop PC with multiple large screen displays, and more power / resources.

If AGF was licensed per user and I could install it on both my Mac and PC and use the copy on the computer I have access to atm, (whether it required an account login to validate the license, or perhaps a floating license like Unity where I can unregister my PC when I need to be downstairs and register my MacBook wouldn't matter to me... the important part is to be able to develop on both mac and pc platforms at will.) I would have purchased this this morning when I saw it on the Asset Store.

So for what it is worth feedback wise... the "per platform" licensing is what is personally preventing me from buying and adopting this system for my day to day use.

40. HeavyMcD

HeavyMcD

First off, Thank you very much for your note. I appreciate what you have pointed out. I also thank you for your candor.

I agree with you. I would be happy to have you use it on you multiple machines and OS systems under one license. All you need to do is ask.

You do not have to buy AGF multiple times from the UAS. I only set it up that way on the UAS because the entire download for all the OS systems would be enormous otherwise. This is not the way I would like it to be, its the way that UAS works currently and I haven't found a way around it yet. All you need to do is send me what additional OS you would like it to run on, along with your invoice information and I will gladly send you the link to the other versions you need. No Problem.

I apologize for the unfortunate misunderstanding. It was not my intent. -Matt

Last edited: Dec 18, 2013
  41. HeavyMcD

HeavyMcD

I honestly haven't had the time to make a mobile version of the AGF asset packs. You can rebuild the asset packs that come with AGF to whatever settings you need as all the source files come with the program. This sounds like a time consuming thing but it is not. All the AGF packaging tools are batch type so it goes very quickly. I would be happy to do this for you if you send me the specs that you require for your particular platform. Please let me know.. Matt

42. HeavyMcD

HeavyMcD

Per your note @Darkworth I made an addition to the my company information page...

MULTIPLE OS INSTALLATION WITH EACH PURCHASE - AVAILABLE FOR FREE!

AGF is currently distributed on the Unity Asset Store as a single OS purchase. If your needs require multiple OS installations on a per user basis, please send us your invoice information and we will gladly make the additional version(s) available to you at no extra charge. Send invoice information to matt@axisgamefactory.com

I will add this information to each offering on the UAS as time permits. Unfortunately making even a text change on an asset requires a re-submission of that asset.

I hope this will clear things up. Again thank you for pointing this out.

Best,

Matt

Last edited: Sep 28, 2013
  43. cl-apps

cl-apps

Basically I'm working to the iPhone target platform with doesn't like DXT5 compressed files so any other format would be great. If you could take a second to have a look for me then that would be great. This seems to be the only issue I can find but is obviously a time consuming stumbling block for me going forward. I assume others will join me once your amazing program becomes popular...

44. John-G

John-G

Ok took the plunge and paid via paypal, no download link as of yet sent an email to Tammy@heavyh2o.com
    Looking forward to doing a bit of level design :)

P.S. What program do you make your PDF's with they look great. :D

Last edited: Sep 28, 2013
  45. HeavyMcD

HeavyMcD

Thanks, I'll get that link sent out to you ASAP.. I use Power Point- Thanks I am glad you like them. I need to get back to those and complete them.

46. John-G

John-G

Cheers Matt, link received. ;)

47. HeavyMcD

HeavyMcD

Fantastic, Please let me know if you have any questions.

48. melkior

melkior

I've purchased AGF Pro myself and been doing some testing ; what I can say to start with is "WOW!!"

Honestly you can some pretty nice looking stuff in Unity very quickly ; it is not that difficult.

But AGF is a hyper-editor that Unity is not. There so many editor features in AGF Pro that I wish Unity had built in.

Unity seems to lack a lot of features that typical editors have like grid locking, snapping, changing your grid sizes, build height etc. How many times have you inserted an object in Unity to find it floating off somewhere far from where you meant to place it?

AGF uses hundreds of small interface and UI elements to turn your scene / terrain / prefab editing into a set of highly skilled set of sculptor tools.

Its like having a full palette at your disposal with every brush you could ask for in AGF pro, whereas in Unity its just a canvas with the default "hey these are the cheapest brushes we could fit in the beginner art set"

AGF's terrain editing capabilities alone make it worth the purchase to me. They are extremely more powerful than those in Unity.
    Its "Build" area is also worth the purchase alone also.

When evaluating my purchase I watched this video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=3Ocs7_Fi-lY

Its use of the 'build' area in AGF was masterful. The video is 15 minutes long but if you've played Paper Monsters http://www.papermonsterland.com/ you can see how EASY it would be to make Paper Monsters in AGF.

Load up some assets and then start designing.

When I see talk about "its not minecraft" .. well no its not. The problem with Minecraft is unless you are a java coder all you have is a lego game and skins? (Note: I'm a java coder so it doesn't stop me :)

But in AGF there are several 'preset' controller types that let you make several different game play mechanics. If you combine those with the ability to change your camera, scene, assets etc.. your potential game types just exploded through the roof.

I totally get how your kids could sit down and create something beautiful and amazing in AGF; but I'm an adult and I am having the time of my life using it too.

Matt is a crazy machine; and one of the most responsive developer's of a plugin that I've seen. He really really cares about this product and the amount of features he comes out with at a time is amazing. You can tell he invests 300% of himself in this.

Where AGF is at right now it was worth my money 3x over. Where its going to be in a few months is just incomprehensible.

The only criticism I have at this point at all is I wish some of AGF's editor abilities were straight up Unity editor extensions. That is more Unity's fault that AGF's tho .. it speaks highly of AGF's editing. I think Unity could learn a lesson about terrain editing and prefab editing from AGF Pro.

disclaimer: I do not work for heavyh2o and I was not paid to write this; I legitimately just saw a link for it, checked it out and love it.

49. HeavyMcD

HeavyMcD

I am SO STOKED YOU ARE DIGGING IT!!! Thank you so very much..

-Matt

Last edited: Sep 29, 2013
  50. HeavyMcD

HeavyMcD

Hi, I made Mobile versions of most of the asset packs. Overall I made 196 assets across 7 packs. Including Skyboxes, Terrain, and Vegetation. I have some other things to do this evening, So I will have to process the 400+ warehouse assets tomorrow. Please check out what I made from the link and tell me if they are working for you as you need them to.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/8ugb0qz59o0bfz9/2ay6AwoAjH/Asset_Packs_01_Mobile.zip

Thanks,

Matt

Last edited: Sep 29, 2013