Search Unity

Feedback Awkward behavior of editor scrollbars

Discussion in 'Visual Effect Graph' started by dgoyette, May 30, 2020.

1. dgoyette

dgoyette

There are a couple of annoying behaviors with the scrollbars for windows like the Blackboard or "Target Game Object". It would be nice to see these addressed.

1. Horizontal scrollbars cover up content

If the window is narrow enough to cause a horizontal scrollbar to be shown, it covers up the content of the window. For example, here there is no scrollbar:

upload_2020-5-30_11-51-24.png

But if I narrow the window, the scrollbar appears, and covers up the content:

upload_2020-5-30_11-51-53.png

It's not possible to scroll all the way down to get a full view of the final content of the window. The only option is to widen the window to hide the scrollbar.

2. Window resize gadget makes it difficult to scroll the scrollbars

The scrollbars themselves are fairly narrow. If you mouseover them to scroll them, about 2/3 of the scrollbar isn't usable. Instead, a double-headed arrow appears, which is the gadget to resize the window:

MouseOver.gif

So, only a little less than half of the scrollbar can actually be clicked. Normally I'll use a scrollwheel for this, but the horizontal bar has the same issue, and I don't have a scrollwheel for that.

2. VladVNeykov

VladVNeykov

Unity Technologies

HI @dgoyette ,

Thanks for the feedback! We've opened an issue with it. (the public issue tracker link should become live in a couple of hours after posting this).

dgoyette likes this.