Search Unity

1. Unity Asset Manager is now available in public beta. Try it out now and join the conversation here in the forums.
    Dismiss Notice

Awesome bug

Discussion in 'Unity 5 Pre-order Beta' started by TimK_personal, Oct 31, 2014.

1. TimK_personal

TimK_personal

Installed Unity 5 beta 11. Attempted to start it, got the prompt to enter my serial number. Put the editing caret in the field and hit CMD+V to try and paste it in... totally hung the process, to where I had to force-kill it. This happened twice. Entering the serial by hand on the third try worked.

This is on OS X 10.9.5.

2. elbows

elbows

I'm pretty sure that was a known issue on mac that was mentioned in release notes or elsewhere, because I read not to do that before I ever installed beta 9.

As for beta 11, I don't know anything about that, but it is kind of depressing to be lagging so far behind with the pre-order version, I didn't know thats what I was signing up to when I ordered. I'm sure there are good reasons for it, but surely there are also good reasons to keep the pre-order customers beta availability a bit more in tune with where the latest beta is up to at any moment in time.

3. amit1532

amit1532

Why some get beta 11 and some get stuck with beta 9?

4. giyomu

giyomu

Beta 11 is current version for closed beta

5. AcidArrow

AcidArrow

I'm guessing like how 4.6 has stable build and more recent experimental builds, they are only releasing the Unity 5 betas to the pre-orderers when they are sure that they have fixed more things than they broke.

Also, I'm pretty sure closed beta participants are not supposed to talk about closed beta things (and frankly, the OP should have made a bug report instead of posting here).

Dustin-Horne likes this.
  6. Dustin-Horne

Dustin-Horne

Yes, this forum is for the pre-order beta only, not the closed beta. The closed beta is expected to be far more unstable and the bugs shouldn't be talked about in public.

7. Jonny-Roy

Jonny-Roy

Post into you own Beta group rather than the public forums, they should be able to help there.