Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

AVPro Live Camera

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by AndrewRH, May 24, 2012.

1. AndrewRH

AndrewRH

Is it possible for you to post a screenshot of the expected and seen image?

Also, our plugin AVPro DeckLink has MUCH better support for DeckLink hardware and is a must for anyone doing serious video work.

Thanks,

2. Jum

Jum

Hello,
    I am using Logitech C922 camera for my project. I have choosen this camera for 60fps streaming speed at 1280x720 resolution. I have tried unity native webcam texture it gives 20-30 fps for webcam texture. Than i bought the AVPro Live Camera asset for 60 fps. However AVPro live gives 29-30 fps at 1280x720 resolution. Can you check your plugin for the Logitech C922 frame rates?

Note: When i try windows native camera application i am able to get 60 fps at 1280x720 pixels. I made a build with camera explorer scene and i added gui text for camera streaming fps. It has same values(29-30fps) with the editor while project runs at 600 fps.

Last edited: Feb 23, 2018
  3. AndrewRH

AndrewRH

Hi,

That is strange.. I have a Logitech Brio camera and can get it to run at 60 and even 120hz with AVPro Live Camera.

So I would recommend enabling vsync on your project (in Quality Settings) so that your project doesn't' run at 600fps (instead runs at 60), as this may be starving some other system resources related to getting webcam frames.

Also on the AVProLiveCameraManager component, try toggling "supportInternalFormatConversion" as this may affect performance.

Also make sure you're using the latest version of the plugin, as we did have some earlier versions that couldn't reach 60fps.

To get the full frame rate you also need to make sure that the webcam exposure setting is correct. If it is used in a low-light environment and it has auto exposure enabled, then it will use a long exposure time which will decrease frame-rate. So make sure you're either in a very well lit environment, or that you disable auto exposure and set it to a low value manually.

If you're still having problems then please let us know which version of Unity and AVPro Live Camera you're using, and also send us some screenshots of your Unity setup, including the Camera Explorer demo showing the modes available and the frame-rate it achieves. You can find our support email address on the contact page of our website www.renderheads.com

Thanks,

4. ibompuis

ibompuis

Hi,

I already purshased AvPro Video and happy with it :), now for new project, I need to save live video on mp4 format and send to server, AVPro Live Camera work with AVPro Movie Capture ?

Thx

5. AndrewRH

AndrewRH

Hi! Glad to hear you're happy with our other plugins :) All of our plugins have free trial versions, so you should be able to test what you want to do before purchasing.

Yes AVPro Live Camera can be used with AVPro Movie Capture to capture a live webcam/capture card stream. We built AVPro Live Camera due to the poor performance of Unity's WebcamTexture class, so it makes sense for high resolution webcam captures. All you need to do is get the texture from the live camera object and pass it into the CaptureFromTexture component (via SetTexture() method), and then it will do the rest.

If you're using BlackMagic DeckLink capture hardware, then I would recommend our AVPro DeckLink plugin, as it has superior performance and support with DeckLink hardware and is aimed at professionals and broadcasters.

Let me know if you need help with this.

Cheers,

6. xinwu93

xinwu93

Hello, is there a way to get Audio from capture card when using AVProLive camera?

7. AndrewRH

AndrewRH

Hi,

No AVPro Live Camera only support video, not audio.

We have another plugin called AVPro Movie Capture which is actually for recording videos from Unity. It does support grabbing audio from capture cards/webcams, but only for recording into a MP4/AVI file.

Thanks,

8. AndrewRH

AndrewRH

Hi All,

Version 2.7.0 of AVPro Live Camera has just been uploaded!

You can find it on the Asset Store or the trial version on our website.

Improvements
    • Improved performance so that high-frame rate cameras (60hz and above) are supported
    • Refactored some demos and code and wrapped all scripts in a namespace
    • Tested and validated support for Unity 2018.1.0b8
    Bug fixes
    • Fixed a crash bug on Avermedia capture cards, eg Live Gamer HD 2, when using their Recentral 2 software
    Upgrade Notes
    • You should add the namespace declaration:
      “using RenderHeads.Media.AVProLiveCamera;” if you are referencing one of the AVPro Live Camera scripts, or: “using RenderHeads.Media.AVProLiveCamera.Demos;” for referencing one of the demo scripts
    Thanks,

9. MiucinSebastian

MiucinSebastian

Hi , i am newbie in Unity and not that good at programming. So , please , could you help me with the next lines of code ?

I want to place the camera feed on a 3D Plane, using Webcamtexture is like this:

GameObject cameraPlane; // the 3D Plane

WebCamTexture cameras = new WebCamTexture(3840,2160,300);
    cameraPlane.GetComponent<MeshRenderer>().material.mainTexture = cameras;
    cameras.Play();

And the question is , how i can wrote that using AVProLiveCamera ?.

10. chuckfletcher

chuckfletcher

Hi,

I need some help integrating OpenCV and AV Pro Live Camera. I've looked at the AV Pro OpenCV integrations, and understand the GetReadable texture call. I need something like that for AV Pro Live Camera. Can you help?

Thanks,

Chuck

11. AndrewRH

AndrewRH

Hi,

Thanks for getting in touch.

I haven't tried to use OpenCV with AVPro Live Camera before, but I think I understand what you need.

You can try looking at the "AVProLiveCameraGrabber.cs" component, which shows you how to grab the frame byte data and convert it into a texture. There is also a demo scene that uses this called "CameraGrabDemo.unity".

Another option is to convert the OutputTexture to a readable texture. This should work fine, but it can be quite a slow operation. To do this you can look at the "AVProLiveCamera.cs" component code where at the bottom there is a method called "SavePNG". This method takes the Output texture and converts it into a readable Texture2D before saving it to a PNG image file.

I hope this information helps you. Let me know if you have any more questions.

Thanks,

12. AndrewRH

AndrewRH

Hi,

You should just be able to use the ApplyToMesh / ApplyToMaterial component that we include with the plugin. This allows you to assign an AVPro Live Camera stream to a mesh/material.

Thanks,

13. AndrewRH

AndrewRH

14. MatsuImg

MatsuImg

Hello.

Thank you for answering.
    And I am sorry, to notice it late.

When I tried the way to use RenderTextures and Graphics.Blit, it worked very fast!
    It became possible to get the 4K frame image at high speed, as a result of which it became impossible to catch up with the subsequent processing, it was necessary to set the FPS and lower the processing frequency.

I really appreciate your advice.
    Thank you very much!

15. AndrewRH

AndrewRH

Hi All,

AVPro Live Camera version 2.7.2 has just been released!

You can find the updated version on the Asset Store and the free trial version on our website.

Changes include:

Improvements
    • Improved performance from new compiler optimisations
    • UGUIDisplay component no longer generates garbage
    Bug fixes
    • Fixed issue where certain rogue drivers could cause a crash
    • Fixed a linear colour space issue since Unity 2018
    Please report any issues here on the forum, or to our customer support email.

Thanks,

16. EarMaster

EarMaster

Do you - or plan to - support Intel RealSense cameras?

17. AndrewRH

AndrewRH

It should be supported already. As far as I know it should be able to stream either the RGB or Depth streams... What might not be supported is all of the depth modes - like full 16-bit resolution infrared and depth... Is that what you're after?

Thanks,

18. PixelPup

PixelPup

I am running the demo in 2018.1 and when I try to change resolutions in game with the Logitech BRIO it crashes Unity.
    I also was curious it seems like it lags a little bit here and there but it seems like this is related to the watermarking jumping around. Is this intentional or should it remain pretty fluid?

19. AndrewRH

AndrewRH

Hi, the crashing when changing resolution is something we can look into. There may be some new behaviour in Unity 2018 which we haven't catered for yet.

The watermarking does add some overheads, but it should remain fairly fluid. We haven't added anything in there to affect the frame-rate. If your app is generating garbage then this can cause intermittent spikes in performance. In our demos we use IMGUI a lot and this causes garbage generation, so it could be this.

I will look into the crash issue and get back to you.

Thanks,

20. EarMaster

EarMaster

I recently got interested in the possibilities of these cameras. The SDK provided by Intel is good, but still under development and not completely ready for production. Of course it would be great to get access to the full depth resolution, but it is not my main priority. I will give it a try and let you know more...

21. AndrewRH

AndrewRH

We have used Realsense cameras in our company for some projects and have had a good experience. On some projects we used the native SDK, on others we used their old Unity plugin.. It seems that they have a decent new one here:
    https://github.com/IntelRealSense/librealsense/tree/master/wrappers/unity

Cheers,

22. AndrewRH

AndrewRH

Hi All,

AVPro Live Camera version 2.7.4 has just been released!

You can find the updated version on the Asset Store and the free trial version on our website.

Changes include:

Improvements
    • Mode searching improved by adding option to set desired frame-rate and pixel format
    • MeshApply and MaterialApply components no longer generate garbage per-frame
    • QuickDeviceMenu now has an option to toggle visibility to stop per-frame garbage generation
    Bug fixes
    • Fixed a bug in QuickDeviceMenu that would cause the wrong device to be highlighted

Thanks,

23. PixelPup

PixelPup

I purchased the asset and it seems to work very nicely, however I do still get a Unity crash when I try to switch resolutions on the BRIO using the demo that comes with the package.
    I also have a couple intel real sense cameras and I can see the RGB streams but I do not seem to see the depth options. Any clue as to how to expose that? Getting a depth matte would be very useful...

24. AndrewRH

AndrewRH

Hi!
    That's strange...I have a BRIO here and don't have any problems switching resolutions. Perhaps you could let me know:
    1) Unity version
    2) OS version
    3) AVPro Live Camera version
    4) Which demo scene this happens with
    5) Whether having the realsense cameras disconnected makes any difference
    6) Check you have the latest BRIO drivers

I think the RealSense cameras use a pixel format for depth that we don't yet support.. We would have to add support for it. We can try to get this in for the next release of plugin... :)

Thanks,

25. PixelPup

PixelPup

I am out of town, but when I get back I'll get you this info. it works fine if I specify the resolution ahead of time.
    Truthfully I don't really plan to use the BRIO much but it was the first time in a long time I have gotten an actual Unity crash and not just like a not responding or hanging kind of thing. I was hoping to ultimately use a capture card, and if that works OK, maybe I'll look into the Decklink plugin you guys make as well.

The real sense depth stream could be nice, but in all honesty, it really should be a plugin type thing all its own like Kinect or something like that so it can be used better.

26. AndrewRH

AndrewRH

I'm pretty sure there is an official Real Sense Unity plugin that you could try.

Yes, capture cards do tend to be more stable than consumer webcams... If you're still having problems with the BRIO crashing you may want to try a firmware update - I see they recently released a new version... Otherwise let me know how we can help fix the issue - I have a BRIO here but don't have that problem.

Thanks,

27. cecarlsen

cecarlsen

Hi @AndrewRH

Does AVPro Live Camera support FLIR (former Point Gray) Spinnaker SDK? And, is it possible to grab frames on a separate thread at higher frame rates for example for tracking and pass results to the Unity update thread?

28. AndrewRH

AndrewRH

Yes it supports those cameras. We recently (4 months ago) had an issue though where setting the frame-rate couldn't be set correctly using DirectShow, so it would always reset to the default 30fps. We contacted FLIR with a bug report but I'm not sure whether they fixed it or not. This is a bug with their driver/SDK though and not our plugin. There is a free trial version of the plugin available for download from our website if you wish to test it with their latest drivers.

We have a thread running in the background grabbing frames as fast as possible and then Unity's render thread syncs with it and grabs the latest frame. This will happen at 60fps if you're running vsynced, or without vsync as fast as the machine can handle. It should be possible to make it issue more render thread requests for faster processing but this isn't something that is currently built-in.

cecarlsen likes this.
  29. akthree88

akthree88

Hi @AndrewRH

I have been trying for two days now to grab the Color32[] from the "AVProLiveCameraGrabber.cs" component. For some, for me, unknown reason the _frameData-Array always seems to be empty or more precise it is filled completly with RGBA(0,0,0,0) values. I am trying to feed this Array into OpenCV and dLib and my main goal hereby is to not use SetPixel/GetPixel from any of the Texture Classes. So my question, am i missing the point of using the Grabber-Component or is it only possible by using a texture as carrier? In any case your help is very appreciated and we totally favor all of the AVPro Products! Keep up the good work :)

30. wderstine

wderstine

I'm building a Standalone app that will go on a Windows Surface Pro 4. I've been working with the values you have exposed for cameras with the "Explore Camera settings" demo scene. I've noticed that between 4400 through 4800 setting for white balance, the camera is still automating the white balance even though the auto bool is set to false. Outside of 4400 -4800 it seems fine. Is there a way I can keep this from happening?

Thank you!

31. AndrewRH

AndrewRH

Hi,

dLib and OpenCV for Unity both include examples of how to use a Texture2D as the source input.. Our plugin produces a Texture2D so it might be more useful for you to feed that into it?

As for the Color32[] being all zeros - that is strange. Did you try running the grabber demo scene?

Also which version of Unity and AVPro Live Camera are you using?

Thanks,

32. AndrewRH

AndrewRH

That sounds strange, but it's not impossible - sounds like either a bug in their driver, or some sort of strange "feature" perhaps to always correct skin colours or something..Perhaps see if there is any upgraded firmware or driver?

If that is how it behaves then there isn't anything we can do about it - that's down to the driver. If you want to test it in other software then you can probably load Skype and go to the webcam settings to see if it does the same thing. Another program for testing would be GraphStudioNext, which does the same operations as our plugin.

It may be that you have to disable some other auto option - like exposure and low-light compensation. I know with some cameras like Logitech (on some drivers) even if you turn off auto exposure it won't turn off unless you disable low-light compensation which I think maps to their "RightLight" feature..

Thanks,

33. AndrewRH

AndrewRH

Hi All,

AVPro Live Camera version 2.7.5 has just been released!

Changes include:

Bug fixes
    • Fixed the device GUID string

Thanks,

LostPanda and cecarlsen like this.
  34. klvo

klvo

Hi. Getting the OutputTexture into a Texture2D results in a darker image than the one shown on the Mesh Apply.
    I'm using a Logitech C920 and have adjusted the settings manually on the AVPro script, so I'm not sure if OutputTexture is a raw image before any adjustments.
    Any suggestions on how to get the same image displayed on the Mesh Apply into the Texture2D?

35. AndrewRH

AndrewRH

I suspect this is because your project has the colorspace option set to Linear instead of Gamma. You can change this in your Player Settings and that should resolve it.

If you need to use Linear colorspace, then you need to apply the same gamma correction that we use during display. You can check the shaders folder to see how this is applied. You could then create a simple shader and convert the texture with Graphics.Blit(). Eg:

inline half3
    linearToGammaFast(half3 col)
    {
    return max(1.055h * pow(col, 0.416666667h) - 0.055h, 0.h);
    }
    fixed4 col = tex2D(_MainTex, i.texcoord.xy);
    col.rgb = linearToGammaFast(col.rgb);

You could also use a Camera to render the GUI or Mesh with the live camera image to a Texture.

Thanks,

klvo likes this.
  36. klvo

klvo

Yes, changing to Gamma fixed it. Will have to check lighting on all 3D models, but it's not a big issue.
    Thanks!

AndrewRH likes this.
  37. akthree88

akthree88

Hey @AndrewRH

Sorry for the late reply ... somehow i have not been notified that you have answerd my question :/
    A lot of projects have passed my desk since then and i do not really remember this issue back then.
    But since i am currently picking up on a similiar point with a diffrent approach towards OpenCV I will take a peek as soon as I get the chance and give you an update.
    One small question ahead out of convenience not to search on my own: Is it possible to pass an array of pixels into the LiveCamera Plugin?

38. AndrewRH

AndrewRH

That's understandable :)

The AVPro Live Camera plugin doesn't let you send it pixels - it generates the pixels from the camera. Can I ask what it is that you're thinking of doing? The only thing I can think of is if you wanted to simulate a camera stream using a video stream, so you can do testing easier... AVPro Live Camera just generates a texture, so you can probably write some code to copy your pixel data into that texture, overwriting what the plugin generated...

Thanks,

39. sfsadfsadfdsafdsaf

sfsadfsadfdsafdsaf

Hey guys,

(I accidentally posted this question in the AVPro forum and they recommended that I should ask here instead)

I would like to confirm whether your tool allows me to specifically select feed from one of multiple cameras plugged into the PC while definitely avoiding any other cameras to be woken up by Unity. I'm having an issue where the cameras on my Vive choke my USB connection when they get woken up but I do need to get a live feed from another USB cam.

Thanks!

40. AndrewRH

AndrewRH

Hi :) Thanks for reposting.

It should...When the plugin starts it enumerates all of the connected compatible webcam/capture devices, but it doesn't start streaming from them. You then have control to decide which device you want to start streaming, and you can select the resolution/frame-rate etc. Take a look at the free trial version which you can download from our website.

Thanks,

41. GCCooper

GCCooper

Any status on adding an asych loading option? The hang can be killer in VR, especially if Geforce Experience is installed, and we can't really expect our customers to uninstall Geforce Experience.

42. AndrewRH

AndrewRH

No progress yet - it's on the list, we're just so busy on other project right now.

43. GCCooper

GCCooper

I'm getting a crash in builds when calling AVProLiveCameraPlugin.StartDevice(0, -1, -1) in AVProLiveCameraDevice.Start, always preceded by the warning: "[AVProLiveCamera] Could not find desired mode, using default mode." (_modeSelection is SelectModeBy.Resolution). Setting the mode selection to Index and passing 0 does not crash, likely because it instead calls AVProLiveCameraPlugin.StartDevice(0, 1, -1). Looks like if internalModeIndex is -1 that function call will crash.

This does not happen in the editor and I'm using a Logitech B910 HD Webcam.

44. AndrewRH

AndrewRH

Yeah so passing in 0 will signify the first device, and -1, -1 signifies that it should use the last/default mode that the device used, instead of explicitly setting one. This should work fine. We haven't seen any issues with this before.

What resolution do you have in your list of resolutions when usin gSelectModeByResolution?

Perhaps try upgrading your Logitech driver, and also make sure you're using the latest version of AVPro Live Camera (it will log the version number to the Console window) v2.7.5

Thanks,

45. mikerz1985

mikerz1985

hi -- it looks like there's a partial collision of some sort if you run the AVPro Live Capture plugin as well as the AVPro Video plugin together. I have a blackmagic decklink card, and the best performance comes from the "Decklink Video Capture" device input. However, that input device will always fail if there is a MediaPlayer object in the scene. It can be on a disabled GameObject, and can itself be disabled -- but having it there will cause this failure. If I delete the object, the input works correctly. We have observed this behavior on 3 different machines, on a 4k as well as 8k blackmagic card.

Also, the QuickDeviceMenu script has a bug. Do a search for "@" -- the string format which has 3 inputs only uses 2 of them. It works incorrectly if you care about a different color space than the first one in the list -- easily fixed by adding "{2}" after the "@"

AndrewRH likes this.
  46. mikerz1985

mikerz1985

I found out a little more information.

First, I'm on the current versions of both plugins.

The mere existence of both plugins in a scene doesn't cause any issues.

The problem only happens if we call .Begin() on the Live Capture plugin, or let it automatically start. If it's turned off at the beginning, then I can select the desired video input. If I specify "Decklink Video Capture" as the initial device and have it start by name, then that actually works. Even if it's on a bad format, the device starts and I'm able to select the correct format.

47. WelchCompositions

WelchCompositions

Hello! I'm trying to use a PS3 eye camera but finding its not being shown as a webcam device. I installed the CL-Eye drivers and the test app it comes with is working but Unity doesnt see the device. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Im running Unity 2019.1.0f2, Windows 10 64bit, and here are the drivers I downloaded for the PS3 cam: https://www.codelaboratories.com/downloads

48. lionrigstudio

lionrigstudio

Hi all ! We recently bought avpro live camera and chroma key kit for a Project. We are trying to make a live chroma key with Logitech 930 but we cant find the way to connect both plugins. Any idea for this workflow ? Thanks.

49. davide-cti

davide-cti

Hi there, I've tried AVPro Live Camera and I'm finding it amazing, there's only one issue which I don't understand. I can replicate it also in the GUIDemo. When switching multiple times between inputs, sometimes the texture is different from the Inspector Preview. This happens particularly when the input I'm switching to or from has no actual image. The editor says it should display a fallback image but it's not showing up. Do you know why this can happen?

50. lionrigstudio

lionrigstudio

Resolved, there is a package for this, MSKBridgeAVProLiveCamera inside MSKBridgeAVPLiveCamera.

Other question, Webcam Logitech 920 and 930 works, but we have tested with some capturing device like it 9910 capture HD and dont work, some experience with some video grabber capture HD that works in unity? Thanks !