Search Unity

AVPro Live Camera

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by AndrewRH, May 24, 2012.

1. AndrewRH

AndrewRH

Thanks for the suggestion, we'll add it to the list :)

2. AndrewRH

AndrewRH

Hi All,

Version 2.6 of AVPro Live Camera has just been uploaded!

You can find it on the Asset Store or the trial version on our website.

Changes include:
    • Added support for Logitech Brio webcam
    • Added support for high-frame rate cameras
    • Added support in automatic mode selection to pick highest frame rate
    • Fixed demo IMGUI textures for linear colour space
    Thanks,

3. Adkaros

Adkaros

Hi Andrew,

I was using avprovideo to playback videos but we wanted to increase performance so now we have switch over to a blackmagic capture card streaming through a brightsign. But now we face the issue of no audio.

Is there any way to get the audio out of the avprolivecamera, other than listening to the device as a mic input?

Or even any way to grab the audio stream somehow. Before we were using the AudioOutput in avprovideo to output it as unity audio so we could record it with avpromoviecapture. Any way to output avprolivecamera audio to unity in a similar way?

Thanks.

4. AndrewRH

AndrewRH

Hi Adkaros,
    Yes AVPro Live Camera doesn't have any audio support - just visuals. We have a product specifically for BlackMagic capture cards that is much faster than AVPro Live Camera (which is for general devices) and also supports audio and automatic input mode detection - AVPro DeckLink. You might want to try the free trial version on that website to see how it works for you. Actually I'm surprised to hear that you went with an external player - perhaps you could let us know more about the performance issues you were facing? Let me know how it goes.
    Thanks,

5. Jaroslav-Stehlik

Jaroslav-Stehlik

Hello,

I made this program called VIVR - Mixed Reality
    http://store.steampowered.com/app/625480/VIVR__Mixed_Reality_Studio/
    I use your plugin and my customers are saying that it does not support quite a few devices.
    for example AVerMedia - GL310 LGP Lite
    and some Black Magic capture card "I will find out the specific card for sure".

Is it because the app is now 64bit?
    In the docs it says it has to be 32bit, can I ask why is there such requirement?

Thank you!

6. AndrewRH

AndrewRH

Hi,
    As far as I remember (it was some time ago that we investigated this for another user), AverMedia's DirectShow support was only 32-bit...they didn't supply any 64-bit support. I'm pretty sure people have asked for it but they just haven't delivered.
    The BlackMagic card should be supported, but DirectShow stability has varied greatly between their driver versions. Definitely get them to get the latest drivers. They also need to set precisely the right video mode or it will not work - this can be tricky as DeckLink devices can have over a hundred modes.

7. artrebel9

artrebel9

Well looks like my forum post was deleted with that hacking attempt so I'm re-posting.

Is there a way for me to control setting sliders on the fly from script? As these are generated on the fly depending on what camera exposes I'm not exactly sure how to go about this.

Now I need this for a project where we'll have a camera (Logitech c920) running 24/7 for 2 weeks so I kinda need it to change it's settings from day to night at the appropriate hour.

Now I'm not exactly sure on how to do this and if it will even work in a build. Thank you in advance for any help.

8. AndrewRH

AndrewRH

Hi,
    We found that using the Logitech's automatic exposure / brightness features (RightLight) worked really well for day and night. If you do need to set your own settings though, you can do it with AVPro Live Camera scripting:

Code (CSharp):
    1. AVProLiveCameraDevice device = AVProLiveCameraManager.Instance.GetDevice(i);
    2. for (int j = 0; j < device.NumSettings; j++)
    3. {
    4.     AVProLiveCameraSettingBase settingBase = device.GetVideoSettingByIndex(j);
    5. }
    Once you have the settingBase object you can query the name, set boolean/float values etc.

You must make sure that the device also has
    device.UpdateSettings = true;

I hope this helps.

Thanks,

9. VTM_Digital_Limited

VTM_Digital_Limited

Hi, I am prepare to buy the plugins.
    I had tried the trial, just a quick question:

Can I use the plugins to record the webcam video to file, and what is the workflow?

10. AndrewRH

AndrewRH

Hi, No AVPro Live Camera cannot record webcams, it is only for displaying Webcams. We have another plugin that we use for recording to video file: AVPro Movie Capture. Like all of our plugins, there is a free trial version of this available to download from our website.

Thanks,

11. JS-Lee

JS-Lee

Does this Plug-in support Android 7.0 with Unity?

Does this Plug-in support mpeg stream with 4K resolution(30 FPS) on Android?

12. AndrewRH

AndrewRH

It is Windows Desktop only - no Android support.

13. yaustar_unity

yaustar_unity

Hi Andrew,

Trying the trial version of the plugin and getting artifacts on the webcam image (a vertically moving grayscale horizontal line) and what appears to be tiny text moving around the image.

Is this a 'watermark' from the trial version?

Thanks

Steven

14. AndrewRH

AndrewRH

Hi Steven,
    Yes that's the watermark.
    Thanks,

15. AndrewRH

AndrewRH

Hi All,

Version 2.6.1 of AVPro Live Camera has just been uploaded!

Changes include:
    • Added support for unicode device names
    • Improved mode selection by index to make it less confusing
    • Added support for Unity 2017
    Thanks,

16. AndrewRH

AndrewRH

Hi All,

Version 2.6.2 of AVPro Live Camera has just been uploaded!

Changes include:
    • Fixed an issue where using Flip X would cause image quality issues with streams using YUV formats due to different pixel ordering
    Thanks,

17. Poroco

Poroco

Hi AndrewRH

First of all, I'm using AVPro Video. It is really powerful and reliable asset!!
    I plan to use the AVPro Live Camera for video capturing from Blackmagic Decklink Studio 2.

So, I tested it, free trial package. But, I found a problem.
    May be, It is caused by frame rate difference between capture source and displaying it.

I use
    - Windwos 8.1 / Unity 5.6.1
    - Blackmagic Decklink Studio 2
    - GoPro HERO4 only for development (Production system will use professional cam.)

In case of Default Camera Demo shows video as bellow. (Other demos show same output)
    3.png

I checked the video input from Blackmagic Media Express.
    2.png

When capturing video using AVPro Live Demo and Black Media Express,
    Blackmagic Desktop Setup shows video input format as bellow, 1080i 59.94.
    1.png

How can I solve this problem?
    Thanks in advance. : ) and sorry for my short English. TT

18. AndrewRH

AndrewRH

Hi,

What happens if you select "YUV_UYVY_HDYC" from the "Format" menu in AVPro Live Camera?

Alternatively please try our dedicated DeckLink Unity plugin: AVPro DeckLink which has MUCH better support than AVPro Live Camera for DeckLink hardware. Including automatic input mode detection, improved performance and much more. There is a free trial version you can download from the website.

Thanks,

19. Poroco

Poroco

Hi Andrew,

When I select "YUV_UYVY_HDYC" form the menu, "FPS" goes down into 23.98 and "Blackmagic Deskt Setup" program shows no signal info. from VIDEO INPUT.
    0.JPG

And, I have tried the AVPro DeckLink you recommened.
    It works greatly fine!!, but, only for "1080p 29.97" both of 8 and 10 bit, from demo the scene "01_InputDemo"
    1.JPG

"1080i 59.94" 8/10bit has same problem. And, I found that, above and this, two mode has a difference of progressive and interlace. So, I tested the options, but same problem happened.
    2.JPG

"AVPro DeckLink" and the 'works fine' mode :) let me develop program, right now. But, on production system, we will use camera devices has over 30 frame rates and also expect field needs. Please, let me know the solution.

And I'd like to test and use another capture board which has SDI and HDMI input. So, I expect "AVPro Live Camera" can support Blackmagic product and others, as possible. But, If you have product line-up policy, Of course I will follow it.

Thanks for your friendly feedback.

Ham

20. seanmiller17

seanmiller17

Any hd camera today has higher compatibility to any accessories. It shouldn't be an issue.

21. AndrewRH

AndrewRH

I'm not sure what you're referring to?

22. ericmarodon

ericmarodon

May I ask if the plugin developper is planning on supporting Newtek's NDI format?

I'm using an Ndi compatible switcher and various NDI sources, and I'd love to be able to feed the output to Unity for virtual sets.

23. vice39

vice39

Hey all.

I'm using AVPro with a PointGray GigE camera. I have a problem with the camera that it will occasionally drop a frame due to network issues. AVPro will flash a black frame when that happens. Is there a way to show the last frame instead? It wouldn't even be noticeable, if it wasn't for that black frame.

24. anggg88

anggg88

Hi,

I was trying out with cheaper (and non mainstream) video capture cards (ezcap 284) to try and overlap outputs from another gaming computer within my game environment, using the trial version. It detects the device but could not project it on Unity itself. However, using OBS, I could actually pull the video feed out.

Like an Engineer, rather than just buying a proven device (like BlackMagic) to circumvent the issue, I really wanted to find out the actual reason why it could not work. I am also trying to keep my cost low as I am doing this myself XD.

Thanks! Once my project works, I can proceed to buy your plug in!

25. breel_dev_barcelona

breel_dev_barcelona

Hello!

We are using your plugin for a project where we have to use 2 Logitec BRIO at the same time. Unfortunately this is not working at the moment since the devices list of your plug-in is just detecting one of the BRIOs. With 2 C920 it works without problems, seems it happens just with 2+ BRIO at the same time.

Tried the Demo/CameraExplorer as well and nothing, I get the 2 C920 + just one BRIO (of 2 connected)

Windows is adquiring good the BRIOS using the standard Camera Software, so its not a Drivers/Hardware issue.

Any chance of you guys take a look on this?

Thanks in advance.

26. breel_dev_barcelona

breel_dev_barcelona

An update on this, I upgraded the firmware of the BRIOs and now they both appear in the list of devices, so I can play them separately, still the problem of them not playing at the same time.. The warning I get from the plugin as soon as I try to start a camera while the other is already playing is :

[AVProLiveCamera] failed to play camera
    UnityEngine.Debug:LogWarning(Object)
    AVProLiveCameraDevice:play() (at Assets/prefabs/AVProLiveCamera/Scripts/Wrapper/AVProLiveCameraDevice.cs:397)
    AVProLiveCameraDevice:Start(AVProLiveCameraDeviceMode, Int32) (at Assets/prefabs/AVProLiveCamera/Scripts/Wrapper/AVProLiveCameraDevice.cs:352)
    AVProLiveCameraDevice:Start(Int32, Int32) (at Assets/prefabs/AVProLiveCamera/Scripts/Wrapper/AVProLiveCameraDevice.cs:377)
    AVProLiveCameraCameraExplorerDemo:OnGUI() (at Assets/prefabs/AVProLiveCamera/Demos/AVProLiveCameraCameraExplorerDemo.cs:293)

27. breel_dev_barcelona

breel_dev_barcelona

Last Update. I fixed the issue but I am still not sure why was happening. This post pointed towards the workaround https://www.hanselman.com/blog/TemporaryFixLogitechBRIOCameraBrokenOnWindows10Insiders15042.aspx

Even though I am not a Windows Insider user, the fix worked on our case. Looks like a Drivers conflict with some Windows Updates. Its weird that the Windows Camera software was able to reach the cameras though.

Greetings.

28. Wallez

Wallez

I use a TV capture card and connect Network Set-Top Box,I want to play TV in the scene,but it can't play.Does it only support specific TV capture cards?is there any way to solve my problem?

29. fffMalzbier

fffMalzbier

On the documentation PDF page 16 you find a list of all tested working devices.
    http://downloads.renderheads.com/docs/UnityAVProLiveCamera.pdf
    And the list does not contain any "TV Cards" so this might not work.

30. AndrewRH

AndrewRH

We have been looking at making an NDI plugin. If we did, it wouldn't be added to AVPro Live Camera. It would indeed be very useful...watch this space.

31. AndrewRH

AndrewRH

Hmm that's strange. I'm afraid I don't really have anything to suggest. Did you try going into the camera settings, perhaps there is an option there to hold the last frame? Or perhaps the PointGray people might have a suggestion.
    Do you know if the black frame happens in other software, such as OBS, Skype, Virtualdub?

Thanks,

32. AndrewRH

AndrewRH

Hmm.. I imagine it is using a pixel format mode that we don't support yet.. Did you make sure that the AVProLiveCameraManager component had the "SupportInternalFormatConversion" option ticked? When you use the "CameraExplorerDemo" scene, what modes and pixel formats does it show? Perhaps you could share a screenshot :)

33. AndrewRH

AndrewRH

Glad you fixed it! Yes, Windows has been going through quite a bit of flux recently....

Thanks,

34. AndrewRH

AndrewRH

I don't know exactly - perhaps you could tell us about the models of hardware?

Does other software pick up the capture card?

As far as I know most capture cards don't support HDCP signals for copyright reasons...

We support any capture card that supports the Microsoft DirectShow interface. If you run the "CameraExplorerDemo" scene does the device show up? If it does, perhaps share a screenshot of the modes it lists.

Also, most TV cards have multiple sources, so you are required to select the source type as well. If you don't select the exact correct resolution, pixel format and source then it will not display.

Thanks,

35. Wallez

Wallez

Thanks for your reply,It can play now ,but it doesn't have sound yet

36. AndrewRH

AndrewRH

Ahh good...
    Yes, AVPro Live Camera only supports visuals currently...It shouldn't be too difficult to add audio support someday.

37. CosmicLab2

CosmicLab2

We would also be very interested in NDI support. Any new on that?

38. unity_DghgQnZrhgKbcg

unity_DghgQnZrhgKbcg

HI,
    i am new in unity, i want to ask a question.
    I need help for why (Variable of avCam is AVProLiveCamera ) avCam.OutputTexture some time will get null but some time no when i run my project? how can i make sure it get the texture? i only try to reload the scene or restart the scene only get can the texture.
    i am using unity 2017.1.2, and latest vesion avpro live camera.
    below is a Screen shoot of my inspector 1.png represent not get out put texture, 2.png is got out put texture

Attached Files:

• 1.png
      1.png
      File size:
      17.3 KB
      Views:
    • 2.png
      2.png
      File size:
      34.7 KB
      Views:
  39. Kpaper

Kpaper

Hi, I am using your plugin very well.

There is one problem.
    Using the 1280x720 (60.00hz MJPG) mode with the Logitech C922 webcam,
    After a while, the frame gradually drops to Under 4 frames.

When tested under similar conditions (minimum 1280x720 Resolution, frame mode between 30 and 90), the following devices were OK.
    LifeCam Studio
    Logitech Brio
    Logitech C930e
    Logitech C920

Can I ask you to check the compatibility of the Logitech C922?
    avprolivec922problem.PNG

My Unity Version is 5.5.2f1.
    AVProLiveCamera Version is 2.6.2

*Build Information
    Windows Standalone X86(32Bit)

40. JHBG

JHBG

Hey would it be possible to live stream a 360 stitched video using AVPro?

41. AndrewRH

AndrewRH

Sorry nothing on this front. We don't have enough demand to make this yet. Thanks,

42. AndrewRH

AndrewRH

Hmm I'm not sure why this is happening... We never use the "WMD" version of the DeckLink card though - just the other non-WMD one, which seems to work better for us.

If you're trying to get the best out of DeckLink capture cards, then I actually would recommend our dedicated DeckLink plugin which has MUCH better support for this hardware and is aimed at broadcast professionals.

Thanks,

43. AndrewRH

AndrewRH

Hmm, I'm not sure why that is happening. Does it only happen when you run ALL of these cameras at once, or also when you only run the C922?

I wonder if the camera could be overheating? Does it also drop frame-rate in other software?

Does it drop frame rate when you use one of our other helps? That CameraExplorer demo scene is quite expensive... Also you could try a 64-bit build.

Thanks,

44. AndrewRH

AndrewRH

Hmm, perhaps you're looking for our AVPro Video plugin that allows you to connect to a live stream (eg MPEG-DASH, HLS)?

If you want to stream directly from a camera, then your best bet might be to use something like a DeckLink card - but that only supports broadcast standards which may not be compatible with a custom 360 streaming camera...

Thanks,

45. Kpaper

Kpaper

64bit was similar.
    It occasionally occurred outside the Explorer Scene.

As a result of various tests
    It feels like my Gaming laptop's USB Power is running out.
    This issue can be closed.

Thanks for your reply.

46. MatsuImg

MatsuImg

Hello.

I also want to delay displaying frame images that AVPro Live Camera outputs.
    I found your writing, then I tried to store the frames in an array of textures / color arrays.

However, the resolution of the frames is 4K resolution (3840 * 2160 px).
    So, the speed of storing one frame in an array is slow to do every frame.

Is there any other good way?

Code (CSharp):
    2. // I tried to store frames in an List<Texture2D>, as shown below, with reference to AVProLiveCameraMaterialApply.cs.
    3. // It seems that ReadPixels() takes time.
    5. List<Texture2D> texBuffer = new List<Texture2D>();
    7. void Update () {
    8.     RenderTexture rendTex = _liveCamera.OutputTexture;  // Output from AVPro Live Camera.
    9.     Texture2D tex = new Texture2D(rendTex.width, rendTex.height, TextureFormat.ARGB32, false);
    10.     RenderTexture.active = rendTex;
    11.     tex.ReadPixels(new Rect(0, 0, tex.width, tex.height), 0, 0, false);  // tex.width = 3840, tex.height = 2160
    12.     tex.Apply(false, false);
    13.     texBuffer.Add(tex);
    14.     ...
    15. }
    Code (CSharp):
    2. // I tried to store frames in an array of Color32[], as shown below, with reference to AVProLiveCameraGrabber.cs.
    3. // It seems that CopyTo() takes time.
    5. Color32[] _frameData;  // Output from AVPro Live Camera. (3840 * 2160 px)
    6. Color32[][] frameDataBuffer = new Color32[150][];  // Up to 150 frames will be added to this.
    7. int index = 0;
    9. void Update () {
    10.     _frameData.CopyTo(frameDataBuffer[index], 0);
    11.     ...
    12. }

47. cateye999

cateye999

I tried AVPro Live Camera with Decklink to receive HDMI signal from Blackmagic Intensity Pro. However received image in Unity 2017 is tinted color which is different from color I saw either on camera directly or thru Blackmagic media express. Is this the compatibility problem or some setting can be tweaked in script? Thanks.

48. Fenrisul

Fenrisul

Used AVPro Live Camera for all sorts of the stuff over the years, but I finally encountered something that stumped it!

I'm attempting to use the CLEye PS3 Camera drivers for some realtime stuff with Unity. It won't show up in WebCamTexture.devices or in the AVPro list of devices... shows up correctly and streams in Skype and VLC.

Has anyone had experience with CLEye + AVpro Live and/or another PS3 camera driver?

Cheers

49. AndrewRH

AndrewRH

Hmm, yes, if you convert them into a texture this is a very slow process. You might have better results if you just created an array of RenderTextures, and then call Graphics.Blit to copy them from the live camera texture. The blit operation is very fast as it all happens on the GPU. The rest of your logic seems corrrect though.

I hope that helps.

MatsuImg likes this.
  50. AndrewRH

AndrewRH

Hmm that's strange.. It should appear.. I wonder if perhaps you use 32-bit Unity editor whether it will appear, as drivers come in both 32-bit and 64-bit flavours...