Search Unity

Question Avoid Strange Camera position after timeline/cutscene (reset camera pos)

Discussion in 'Cinemachine' started by Mars91, Jun 2, 2023.

1. Mars91

Mars91

Is there a way to reset camera position to be behind player shoulder?
    When a cutscene ends (I use timeline) the camera is often all over the place, a simple reset position would be great but cannot find it, am I missing something?
    Here my cam inspector

Immagine 2023-06-02 085159.jpg

Another thing I'm looking for is: is possible to have the camera collide with something but not react when the object occlude the targer?

2. Gregoryl

Gregoryl

Unity Technologies

From your camera setup it's not clear what a reset position would be. The camera angle is controlled by the POV. What axis settings on the POV would correspond to a "reset" position?

Can you show the scene hierarchy so I can see the parenting of the vcam, the brain, and the vcam targets?

Last edited: Jun 9, 2023
  3. Mars91

Mars91

Here the full hierarchy.

Attached Files:

4. Mars91

Mars91

Just poking

5. Gregoryl

Gregoryl

Unity Technologies

Thanks for the poke, this thread had fallen off my radar.

Hierarchy looks good (I think), but I don't see where the camera targets are. I assume that they are not parent/child of the vcam or main camera.

If you set the RecenterTarget of your POV to the follow target, then you can enable recentering on it, and it will recenter to be looking in the direction of target's forward.

upload_2023-6-9_8-34-44.png