Search Unity

Avert Fate Source

Discussion in 'Wish List' started by Dakta, Nov 15, 2008.

1. Dakta

Dakta

I am making a First Person Shooter with my team, and I have been wondering if the source for Avert fate could be obtained, as a reference as well as being able to mod it and build it, maybe even make it Multiplayer for you guys!

Just wondering.

(I'm not kidding about making Avert Fate Multiplayer for you guys, BTW.)

2. Dakta

Dakta

C'mon! No biters?

3. Eric5h5

Eric5h5

Volunteer Moderator Moderator

Someone requested this a while ago, and the answer at that time was no. (Too big, not intended for distribution.)

--Eric

4. Dakta

Dakta

I went looking and saw that post. Yeah, I know what they said at the time. If it's an issue of distribution, I'd be happy to host the file for whoever. Mayhaps they will put the FPS Tutorial back up, upgraded to 2.0, so people can get it from the Unity website, not other people.

Like I've said: I'm not the only one who has wished for this, but at least I have something to offer in return. Heck! I'm even offering to host the whole file!

If this doesn't work, at least posting the scripts would be good for the community. Please :cry:

5. antenna-tree

antenna-tree

Like Eric said, this project was never meant to be shared. It's too large and way too messy. While the scripting in it is very good, it was created by a madman who has very little regard for readable code :wink:

Seeing an update to the FPS tutorial is more likely... no saying if/when that will happen.

Ethan

6. bronxbomber92

bronxbomber92

Rofl...

7. Dakta

Dakta

That would also be good. Just getting a 2.0x version of it up on their website would be an improvement. I'll PM Forest and David, see what they have to say.

(Does that sound like a good idea, or does it yell "I am the creation of a madman!" ? )

8. antenna-tree

antenna-tree

Hi Dakta, I work at UT so you just received your answer on this... Avert Fate isn't going to be released and the update of the FPS tutorial to 2.1 compatibility will happen if/when I have enough free time to do it.

9. Dakta

Dakta

Ah, thanks!

Nice to get some info!

10. AngryAnt

AngryAnt

Keyboard Operator

Haha! So true!

11. marty

marty

So, whatever happened to the FPS Tutorial?

Can it still be downloaded somewhere? Where?

12. Dakta

Dakta

I think I have a copy of the zip file.........

Have you searched?

13. marty

marty

14. antenna-tree

antenna-tree

Aargh, don't use that link :wink:

Revamping this tutorial (it's over 2 years old now) is in the works. I need some feedback about what it's missing though to make it better. Post what you think it needs... the graphics are getting updated so just focus on the scripting.

Ethan

15. marty

marty

Heya, aNTeNNa trEE - please don't kill that link - I have a friend who really wants to download those tutorials. And for the time being, out of date though they might be, it is still la pretty good tute!

16. User340

User340

17. Dakta

Dakta

Hmm...........

You need to add some things........ Can't name any big ones now though.......

I guess a total revamp for the scripting tutorial. All the resources out there for beginner JavaScript programming are entirely web based. A nice "here's how to program with javascript" tutorial for someone with very limited programming experience would be good.

I'll name more when I can remember them.