Search Unity

Avert fate demo

Discussion in 'Editor & General Support' started by Luken, Jun 15, 2010.

1. Luken

Luken

Hello, I'm wondering if you are planning to release
    the unity project file for the avert fate demo?
    It would be really nice to learn from it.

Or maybe there is someone who knows how to implement some things that i'm interested in?

the main thing I'm interested in is how to get that smooth camera movement which isn't itchy. The camera movement of the standard prefab firstperson controller camera movement is not smooth at all like the one in avert fate.

Second, I'm interested in some of the visual details.
    For example, the lighting flashes from the gun, the slight glowing of the lamp on the gun, and the smoke effects for the rockets, and the heated air effects from when overheating the gun.

Anyone?

2. Dreamora

Dreamora

From what last mentioned there no plans to ever release it.

For learning purpose on FPS material, there is the FPS tutorial which to my knowledge was updated to Unity 2.x

3. antenna-tree

antenna-tree

Yeah, Avert Fate is a bit of a time capsule. It made use of a lot of cool Unity features at the time and was artfully hacked together by a mad scientist (Forest Johnson). A lot of the code, models, and shaders would take a considerable amount of work to bring up to date from the Unity 1.6 days. It was simply never intended as a project that would be shared.

4. Luken

Luken

Yeah, I have done the fps tutorial but it doesn't cover anything similair to the visual details or smooth mouselook of avert fate.