Search Unity

Average Income per watched video unity ads

Discussion in 'Unity Ads' started by nyxxstudios, May 4, 2015.

1. Ankush_admin

Ankush_admin

hey i have uploaded a game on playstore but having 1000+ download but only earns 2 usd just 2 usd

2. ratnadeep9

ratnadeep9

3. Geneworm

Geneworm

Here's some of my stats if anybody is interested, this is for one app for the past month:

upload_2018-10-14_9-39-57.png
    This is for the past 3 months, the reason 1 month has half of the number of impressions is due to an update I did 2 weeks ago that gives the players more things to do and therefore more ad events.

upload_2018-10-14_9-40-42.png

So revenue can be fairly random depending on who's watching the ads and which ads are being displayed.

mindfulmx likes this.
  4. darkStar27

darkStar27

Yeah, that is sooooooo true.
    You can make a game. Give it all your time. Spend months to make it perfect but that's the worst part.
    Even after a long description, use of keywords, following guidelines and best practices,
    It's just so hard to make it on the top five to get your game noticed.

I did found this article useful when i was confused between using Unity Ads or AdMob:
    AdMob VS. UnityAds

You can try my game HERE
    If you like please SHARE it with your friends and RATE IT on play store.

5. Shikunov

Shikunov

6. Twosheds-Jackson

Twosheds-Jackson

So what exactly counts as an impression? If I enable banners and it's enabled and displayed the whole time my user is playing, does that only count for one "impression"? Or is it time-based?

7. x2Detente

x2Detente

Unpaid earnings $54.33 for 7 days. Captcha Clicker on Google Play!

8. VahanSardaryan

VahanSardaryan

Can anyone say, how much I can earn with rewarded videos,20k daily users and 4 completed videos from each?

9. APSchmidt

APSchmidt

10. shrewdean

shrewdean

11. ramosthegamer

ramosthegamer

12. kiunindustries

kiunindustries

13. APSchmidt

APSchmidt

You can get, not you get. It's not automatic; it's an average rate. See my previous post and read the article I linked to in it.

14. Antony-Blackett

Antony-Blackett

ECPMs are dramatically affected by region.

USA for us is $10 per 1000 impression, but our average ECPM for our game globally is $3. India generates as many impressions as the USA but India's ECMP is 55 cents. \o/

For Ads to work, you need volume of users, and a volume of users in high ECPM countries (known as tier one countries). It's not even worth considering until you have volume in my opinion. And unless you can make a game where some people actually want to spend money, it's likely you won't have a game where people will want to watch ads.

15. JohnnyFactor

JohnnyFactor

This is very true and it makes me regret choosing free-to-play-with-ads as a business model. I make mobile games and I've noticed that Apple seems to have stopped featuring games that use ads. I will be moving to a paid model in the future because ads seem to be unsustainable for small games.

16. Antony-Blackett

Antony-Blackett

Ads can work, but you need some inherent popularity or viral mechanisms in your game. Or strike it rich with a feature, which can happen for free games but apple generally feature new, novel interesting and generally very well presented games above others.

If you’re going paid I’d still suggest being free and designing IAP from the start. One off paid games are not something I’d try on mobile..

17. cephalo2

cephalo2

It's still very costly to gain users for a paid app. I tried that for a year, and I found that it cost about $30 to acquire a user for my $5 game. I've been doing free to play for a month and I have 10 times as many users as I had in a year of paid app, with each user costing about $0.05 or so. My ecpm is about $2 which is paying a tenth of that or maybe less, but my 'no ads' IAP is getting about $0.03 per user. If I had some attractive IAP's my game might be profitable. I will have to work on that.

18. JohnnyFactor

JohnnyFactor

My game was simple and casual and can be 'finished' in about an hour (all achievements earned). I've calculated the revenue per user per hour is about $0.25. At least in Tier 1 territories. If I made it paid at $2.99, I would actually earn more with only 10% of the users, plus remove a user-hostile barrier. This is why I was considering a paid model.

My next game is quite different and has an IAP friendly structure. I really don't want to sell 'bag-o-gems' so I'm looking at models like Alto's Adventure and Fortnite. Basically, power-ups and cosmetics. Things that have direct value to the player.

No matter what happens I'm not going with ads again. Even with a viral game I would make more with IAP anyways so it will be either that or a paid linear experience, like Gone Home or Braid or Limbo.

19. AhmadGhodrati

AhmadGhodrati

@APSchmidt
    hi
    i know this is not the place to ask but i really need to know that is force watching user to watch a rewarded add for example after playing some levels is against the rules,policy or something?

20. APSchmidt

APSchmidt

I don't know, sorry. :)

AhmadGhodrati likes this.
  21. cephalo2

cephalo2

If you do something like that you might get hammered in your ratings. Try to avoid something that is noticeably out of the ordinary in this regard. I learned this the hard way.

22. JohnnyFactor

JohnnyFactor

It's not against any rules. This is what I do in my game and it's fine. I run an unskippable video ad every 3 minutes right after the player finishes a level (my levels are really short). The downside is a 30 second ad can often make the player leave the game because they don't want to wait.

23. amiutass

amiutass

I have eCPM of 50$ of one day :O and from that my revenue is 0.15$ only

24. ViralWebbs

ViralWebbs

.85$ to 1.2$