Search Unity

1. Check out the Unite LA keynote for updates on the Visual Effect Editor, the FPS Sample, ECS, Unity for Film and more! Watch it now!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. The Unity Pro & Visual Studio Professional Bundle gives you the tools you need to develop faster & collaborate more efficiently. Learn more.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Improved Prefab workflow (includes Nested Prefabs!), 2D isometric Tilemap and more! Get the 2018.3 Beta now.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Improve your Unity skills with a certified instructor in a private, interactive classroom. Watch the overview now.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Want to see the most recent patch releases? Take a peek at the patch release page.
    Dismiss Notice

Average Income per watched video unity ads

Discussion in 'Unity Ads' started by nyxxstudios, May 4, 2015.

1. nyxxstudios

nyxxstudios

Hello,

is there an average value for the income you get per watched video?

2. CastleIsGreat

CastleIsGreat

I mean it really depends on something called quality from what I understand, which has to do with various things such as location, view rate, lots of things... but last i heard its a pretty wild spread i think in a video a while back someone said 6-12$ eCPM

3. unity-nikkolai

unity-nikkolai

Unity Technologies

Yep, the average eCPM (effective cost per 1000 impressions) ranges from $6 to $12 USD. And you're right, this does depend on a number of factors, such as regional pricing and billing type. This is why it's common to see periods of no revenue as well as revenue spikes. Keep in mind it can sometimes take up to 5000 impressions for your game to establish a consistent eCPM (based on revenue / starts * 1000).

Another thing to consider is completion rate (starts / views), since the eCPM alone is not a sufficient indicator of performance for you game. Completion rate can be viewed as a performance potential for eCPMs. Higher completion rates can indicate that your game is achieving more of its eCPM potential.

4. scbundy

scbundy

So what is an impression? When I look at my stats I see Ad Requests, Videos Started and Videos Completed. Am I going to need 1000 Videos Started to earn $6? If that's the case, then I gotta say, that's not very much money for 1000 videos

TechDeveloper likes this.
  5. Salazar

Salazar

6. scbundy

scbundy

Ya, that's what concerns me. I guess it's like any other monetization. You need in the millions of downloads to actually see results more than a few pennies.

7. Salazar

Salazar

Hello @scbundy,

Yes, this is the way earn money with Ads. This is the way Advertisement Industry works. You need millions of views. Millions of billions of millions.... :D

Regards,

annihilation18 likes this.
  8. CastleIsGreat

CastleIsGreat

Remember that it only takes one game going viral to change your poor little studio's life forever. 1000 becomes 10000 becomes 100000 users, all playing a few minutes here and there it adds up. It is up to you as a developer to make something worth growing! =)

And for the record if a game at its peak reached, 100k users daily watching ONLY 2 ads each is 200x6-12 around 1200 to 2400$ daily. OR it can really hit it big and do much much more, Crossy roads and flappy bird being examples.

I have a game in development that I truely think is unique to mobile platforms, so we shall see how unity ads works for me, assuming the game gets enough notice! =]

9. scbundy

scbundy

Yeah, it's getting noticed that's the trick. Making the game is the easy part. Fighting for visibility among a million other apps is very difficult.

Morten-V-Jensen likes this.
  10. noorudheen

noorudheen

@CastlesGreat: have u made your poor studio rich by now?... just eager to know the progress(in terms of unity video ads)..

11. 12boulla

12boulla

For me, I'm just amazed I made any money! It's a good thing I don't rely on game development for my income, because in 1 month and a half, I have made a mere $0.24. But to me, I'm happy I made 200 downloads :D

Last edited: Jan 5, 2018
  12. sunderplugs11

sunderplugs11

hows it going now?

13. CastleIsGreat

CastleIsGreat

I think I made like $0.15 lol, but I didnt promote my app It was really more or less a test launch first thing I had ever done kinda thing...

14. noor007

noor007

it's good...

15. timdawg650

timdawg650

16. timdawg650

timdawg650

Wow! Good luck with your game and i hope it will reach the next set of apps with millions of downloads like Crossy roads and flappy bird. Anyway, i believe with the right ad campaign marketing, my Shoot that ball app and newly acquired Super Cool Boy will be the next big thing. Feel free to download it guys and enjoy!

17. ThunderShot

ThunderShot

With my game, it launched about two months and with these results,
    Android: Screen Shot 2016-10-29 at 13.39.10.png
    IOS:
    Screen Shot 2016-10-29 at 13.42.24.png
    I gained at the time:
    Screen Shot 2016-10-29 at 13.38.41.png
    It is really hard to earn some money with advertising and serve
    very many views.

For the moment we just satisfaction ;)

justanobody likes this.
  18. ak_bhange

ak_bhange

My app gives 1k successful impressions per week but I got only 0.34$
    I think there is something wrong

clockfree likes this.
  19. clockfree

clockfree

me two 1300 views , 0.45$ .. CompletedVideos

20. sysG

sysG

Hi! nothing changed in "expencive" video ads.. i exidentialy earned 0.9$ per one complete view (
    eCPM =
    $39.13

) But now i have 47 impressions for 0$ cost..this is realy strange because video ads are expencive in any ad network. I have 0.2$ - 0.10$/per banner click in admob but i have 0 per completed video..:confused:

21. Lucates

Lucates

4 k successfuly videos on reward only 3-4 usd unity team you are kidding with publishers?

Need some explain. Please post here why is so.

DavidSof likes this.
  22. MrGky93

MrGky93

same also today and yesterday and its starting last week ?!
    Whats happend ?

23. manjeetku8

manjeetku8

i am using skippable ads my earning is 7.52$ with 10583 started and 3428 completed videos. why i only earn 7$ with 3000 completed views?

24. Lucates

Lucates

Average eCPM is by me is 1.13 $ not 6-12 usd how you say, why explain?

25. Lucates

Lucates

Removing unity ads today and never again to use unity ads.

1. Bad support
    2. Underpayed ads (stats will be posted in next post to see reality)

We try to test click activity from other land but not in statistics.
    Im deciding to stop using unity play store position is bad and unity player is to big.
    I now support dont care for my new post but people will do.

Last edited: May 14, 2017
    DavidSof likes this.
  26. MrCrumbl3d

MrCrumbl3d

How about mine? Im still earning some money with my users but im not even reach 5000 impressions? My impressions is about 100+ but it also stop in 2 - 4 days i dont know why. My main question is why im still earning with 100+ impressions and why it stop in about 2-4 days? And also what happen if i reach 5000 impressions? That's my questions sorry if it's too much questions im so new in Monetizing Stats1.png Stats2.png

27. ShakilBinKarim

ShakilBinKarim

Can i have a link to your game? would love to play it

yash2879_unity likes this.
  28. nbramer94

nbramer94

29. jtathir

jtathir

30. Loomabox

Loomabox

Extracted from Monetization FAQs
    Users are limited by default to 25 ads per day (on a rolling 24hr basis) per app. Users are also limited to seeing the same ad only once per hour.

Does this limitation also applies to the rewarded video ads?

31. JelmerV

JelmerV

Interesting discussion here. I have about 12000 sessions a week and some IAP, with which I make about $60 a week.. which is only 0.01 $ per active user.
    I was considering Unity ads, but when I read what you earn, then I would not earn a lot more it seems..

32. mindfulmx

mindfulmx

Here are my numbers:
    2800 impresions
    $1.34 Revenue
    $0.48 eCPM

very far from 6-12 eCPM (and not too far from 5000 impresions)

Attached Files:

DavidSof likes this.
  33. Smart-hawk1

Smart-hawk1

This sounds really bad, what alternative Ad provider would you guys recommend ?

34. danielburnitt

danielburnitt

Guys. Monetization is a nightmare to understand. I think there are so many factors that come into play. as with me. I don't understand why my games impressions do not reflect the revenue earned. it seems to me that if you are getting impressions you should be accumulating revenue as well. sometimes ill see revenue and barely have any impressions at all at the time. its crazy.

here's the link to my game if you all want to check it out. my first one. pretty proud of it even though it's still kinda buggy :)

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.Burninggames.Skyball

35. SnailGirl

SnailGirl

I'm a little confused too about how the ads work. I seem to get peaks of about one or two dollars only from what seems to be individual US users, and then a clump sum of around 0.2 from northern Europe. I have lots of impressions in south America, but they have provided 0 so far. I just released the game for IOS and Android, and I was only expecting to make back the money I spent to become a developer. But even that seems unlikely since I picked a quite slim genre that I doubt will gain more than maybe a few thousand users max

Should I have placed the ads differently?

(Playstore)
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.LinaLundstedt.Diotos

(App Store)
    https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/diotos/id1353441851

36. danielburnitt

danielburnitt

SnailGirl, your game looks good! I will try it when I get my phone later. as for your peaks of 1 or 2 dollars from US users. that's when someone has clicked on an ad and downloaded the app that was advertised. From what I have gathered with my research thus far (I am new to this as well so take what I say with a grain of salt).. is you don't see any revenue until your downloads reach the eCPM. And even then Unity doesn't have a system set up to calculate your revenue accurately. Apparently you have to have more than 5000 impressions for the Unity systems to generate something stable. hope this helps..

37. brvnbld

brvnbld

Hi all, am new to unity, albeit android development. I have developed an app that pays user in the form of points by watching or completing the ads(need suggestion for both), those points could be used in my online store I own. Is it allowed in the first place.?
    Does the completion of ads(installing the app in the ads), improve the revenue?.
    Or should I just opt for interstitial ads?.
    I have some intuition, my users will complete the ad fully. Suggestions please?

38. angelvet

angelvet

I have added Unity Ads to my AdMob mediation network several days ago and got only $0.07 eCPM in average :(

UnityAds.png RevenueReport.png

39. gusguida

gusguida

Hi, what's your game about? Does it have a significant younger audience? If does, it might be interesting to experiment Saferize as a new monetization strategy. You can get a monthly revenue stream of $0.25 to $0.50 per user.

40. Zachary_edgell

Zachary_edgell

It’s varies so much like my most recent game has been out for about 3 days and I have made 14.75 but other have been out for almost a year and ain’t made that much

41. Shayke

Shayke

ashergone likes this.
  42. marquitoserratet

marquitoserratet

43. Shayke

Shayke

44. ashergone

ashergone

45. villeHelin

villeHelin

330 impressions and I'm going to earn 0€.

46. ronak9013

ronak9013

i am looking forward to create a gaming app where i wish to run rewarded ads as well as interstitial ads and as i know there will be 1k DAU. who will be playing for approx minimum half to 1 hour.
    1000x25=25000 (1000 DAU and minimum 25 rewarded viewed by each DAU)
    how much will i earn and how much more i can utilize to earn through ads by this much traffic?

47. ronak9013

ronak9013

i am looking forward to create a gaming app where i wish to run rewarded ads as well as interstitial ads and as i know there will be 1k DAU. who will be playing for approx minimum half to 1 hour.
    1000x25=25000 (1000 DAU and minimum 25 rewarded viewed by each DAU)
    how much will i earn and how much more i can utilize to earn through ads by this much traffic?

48. hassonhamo3

hassonhamo3

yo ,what's new with you ? did you publish your unique game ? what do you think about unity ad ?

49. hugiel46

hugiel46

50. Shayke

Shayke

Google play too?