Search Unity

Avatar mask working partially, it doesn't run the animation correctly

Discussion in 'Animation' started by gabrimo, Jun 17, 2019.

1. gabrimo

gabrimo

Hello everyone, I have a character that is running and want to make him aiming while running. After some work and research Ive managed to understand animator controller and avatar mask better.

The character running animation is working properly, but when I click in the aiming button, the aiming animation seems to be blending with the running animation that still playing, even using avatar mask. But the main problem is, if try to make changes in the aiming animation clip, nothing happens when I play the scene, it keeps running the same damn wrong aiming animation.

This is the animation running, you can see the character is running the aiming is strange (he should be aiming straight):

running.png

This is the animation clip, I rotated the left arm up a little bit to test it. No matter how many changes I do on the clip, the first image's animation still the same.

changeAnimation.png

And finally, my avatar mask setup. I'm using transform avatar mask cause I can't edit the clips if the humanoid configuration is selected. Already did a lot of trial and error here, at least the changes did on the mask are seen in the play mode, but none of them execute both animations together right. As you can see, the arms should be running the full aiming animation.

mask.PNG

My animator controller have 2 layers, the first one have the running animation while the other have the aiming animation. Both layers are configured with the Override blending setup. The first layer doesn't have any mask while the second layer is using the mask from the image above.

I need help to make both animations run together correctly, can't understand why the changes I make in the aiming animation clip doesn't work when the project runs. Maybe is something stupid, but I already lost a lot of hours on it...

2. javisoftworld

javisoftworld

I have tried the same and I didn't get nothing, but I downloaded another character from asset store, I did the same and I got it, for this reason, I think the character has some problem or something similar to it

3. Inxentas

Inxentas

I had similar issues, but my current setup doesn't... it uses a humanoid avatar and mask though. And humanoid animations. Perhaps your model is intended to be used as a humanoid?

Why can't you edit the clips? If it's just because said clip is baked into fbx, copy it's keyframes over to a new clip and put that in your AnimatorController instead.

That way you can also delete keyframes you don't need, although Override should do this for you.