Search Unity

Help Wanted Avatar Mask For Fingers on a Humanoid Rig

Discussion in 'Animation' started by KadenZombie8, Apr 5, 2021.

1. KadenZombie8

KadenZombie8

Hey, is there a way to use avatar masks on individual fingers? The humanoid tab only lets me select the entire hand and has no option for the fingers so the character ends up closing all of the fingers when I only want a few of them closed.
    upload_2021-4-5_15-50-55.png
    The transform tab allows me to select certain bones. However, none of the fingers move when I test.
    upload_2021-4-5_15-52-6.png

2. Denchyaknow

Denchyaknow

I have this same problem right now. I have many layers that only animate certain IK properties like Stretching and spread of only index and thumb fingers, anothe rlayer with only middle ring and pinkie. They do not blend together even with addative or trying to sync them. I TRIED EVERYTHING. The manual lies to me. I just wasted dev hours setting this rig up.
    Yes tried with without masks.
    Only those 2 layers were Active, the ones i wanna blend.
    Made the clips in Unity 2021
    Guess i gatta go back to coding in my own poses.

KadenZombie8 likes this.
  3. KadenZombie8

KadenZombie8

Judging from the fingers in the different layers you specified, I'm guessing that you're making a virtual reality game too? I'll see what I can find in the coming days and get back to you if I manage to get any sort of finger layers working.

4. YTGameDevDave

YTGameDevDave

Wow Unity, huge mistake... They did not think this one through lol XD

Last edited: May 23, 2021
  5. KadenZombie8

KadenZombie8

Hey I've found something after looking through it again and I think I've come to a working (if a bit messy) solution!
    About the transform panel... it works! However, it is only for bones that haven't been already specified in the avatar itself. As the bones of the fingers work like this, I decided to remove them from the mapping window and this actually made the finger masks that I created work! If you have any further questions about how to do this or any other solutions then just say here, but this is what I'll be moving forward with in my project.

6. adrian-taylor09

adrian-taylor09

Could you explain a little more what you did exactly?

Do you mean that you removed all the finger bones from the Avatar Configuration?

upload_2021-11-24_14-35-16.png

unityunity