Search Unity

1. Looking for a job or to hire someone for a project? Check out the re-opened job forums.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity 2020 LTS & Unity 2021.1 have been released.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Good news ✨ We have more Unite Now videos available for you to watch on-demand! Come check them out and ask our experts any questions!
    Dismiss Notice

Help Wanted Avatar Mask For Fingers on a Humanoid Rig

Discussion in 'Animation' started by KadenZombie8, Apr 5, 2021.

1. KadenZombie8

KadenZombie8

Hey, is there a way to use avatar masks on individual fingers? The humanoid tab only lets me select the entire hand and has no option for the fingers so the character ends up closing all of the fingers when I only want a few of them closed.
    upload_2021-4-5_15-50-55.png
    The transform tab allows me to select certain bones. However, none of the fingers move when I test.
    upload_2021-4-5_15-52-6.png

2. Denchyaknow

Denchyaknow

I have this same problem right now. I have many layers that only animate certain IK properties like Stretching and spread of only index and thumb fingers, anothe rlayer with only middle ring and pinkie. They do not blend together even with addative or trying to sync them. I TRIED EVERYTHING. The manual lies to me. I just wasted dev hours setting this rig up.
    Yes tried with without masks.
    Only those 2 layers were Active, the ones i wanna blend.
    Made the clips in Unity 2021
    Guess i gatta go back to coding in my own poses.

3. KadenZombie8

KadenZombie8

Judging from the fingers in the different layers you specified, I'm guessing that you're making a virtual reality game too? I'll see what I can find in the coming days and get back to you if I manage to get any sort of finger layers working.

unityunity