Search Unity

Avatar Face Customization System?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by dhdaveidhd, Jul 13, 2020.

1. dhdaveidhd

dhdaveidhd

Hey guys, I have been creating a mobile game and I really wanted to have an avatar face creation/customization system in the game so players can each make their unique avatars. I've seen lots of apps recently that all use a very similar style of avatars (trivia royale as an example and they all look like memojis). I was wondering if they all made their own avatar system independently that just all happened to look pretty much the same, or is there some avatar face customization SDK or asset that all of these companies are using. As a quick follow up question, if I were to make my own avatar face customization system, how would I go about doing it? Thanks guys!

2. MadeFromPolygons

MadeFromPolygons

They made their own art, its just all in a similar (trending) style.

Actually knocking together a customisation system is easy, if you have the art. So thats what you need to start with making / hiring someone to make.

As an answer to your second question, once you have the art I would have thought that would be pretty easy, but your just cycling through objects and enabling / disabling them, then saving that information somewhere. Thats high level look but should give you enough to google for and get started.