Search Unity

Question Avatar Creation Failed due to 'Ambiguity'

Discussion in 'Animation Rigging' started by IanVrmrs, Nov 10, 2022.

1. IanVrmrs

IanVrmrs

Hi, I'm new to Unity (like, installed it to do this one thing and never plan on using it again, really) and I just want to make a VRM model.
    I have everything done in Blender. I weight-painted the entire model. I exported to .fbx. I made the materials. I got everything set up. But for some reason, I can't create an avatar because

"[filename] avatar creation failed: Ambiguous Transform: 'Head' and 'Armature/Hips/Chest/Neck/Head' found in hierarchy for human bone 'Head'. Transform name mapped to a human bone must be unique."

I have no idea what it's saying and I can't find anything on this issue online. I only have one head bone and it certainly doesn't seem to contain a brain I can use to solve this issue.

2. IanVrmrs

IanVrmrs

Figured it out. Unity recognized part of the mesh as a bone. I have no idea why it did that. I just merged the "Head" mesh with the "Body" mesh in Blender and re-exported it. Works fine. Leaving this up if anybody else has this problem.

bwv1056 likes this.
  3. giantkilleroverunity3d

giantkilleroverunity3d

One can use Mixamo as a debugging tool also.
    Thanks.

4. kaydenad56

kaydenad56

For me at least it seems naming the head mesh "head" confuses unity, changing it to anything else fixes it