Search Unity

Avast is targeting my unity builds like a virus and breaking the game

Discussion in 'Editor & General Support' started by Mystgun, Jan 26, 2021.

1. Mystgun

Mystgun

I don't know what to do. in my code, the only thing I do outside of the program is to write and read on files because load and save game systems and this is done it using C# library. but the avast antivirus keeps targeting the builds of the game. So many playtesters can't play because for some reason the avast is targeting the unity build. what do I do? that is some config that is missing? I test with others anti-virus and the avast is the only one with the problem.

Goty-Metal likes this.
  2. Goty-Metal

Goty-Metal

I'm having the same issue pal, i've uploaded the builds to virus total and the're 100% safe but Avast recognizes the game exe as virus.
    After checking in the forum i can see is not the first time Avast did that, the only solution seems to change antivirus, but i won't tell my testes "hey you anvitirus is *** install another" haha.

3. Mauri

Mauri

Last edited: Apr 24, 2021
  4. altepTest

altepTest

these antiviruses work by comparing files with stuff they have in their databases and by looking at how a particular unknown piece of software behaves, if is similar with how malware behaves. Thing is if your game doesn't have the proper certificates and it also tries to access files and folders then is a virus. I know, dumb, but they have to sell those certificates in some way