Search Unity

Available Now!! RapidUnity Vehicle Editor Resource Pack v1.5

Discussion in 'Made With Unity' started by Greg-Bassett, Jun 26, 2010.

1. Adrenaline-Crew

Adrenaline-Crew

I can make the textures for multiple rpm GUIs if u want for free

2. Greg-Bassett

Greg-Bassett

@darrelljr00, good idea, will add to my to do list.

@Adrenaline Crew, sure, that would be great, many thanks!

3. Greg-Bassett

Greg-Bassett

Here is a couple of shots of my two-wheeled add-on, I have got a nice Ducati bike for the rig now, the first image shows the bike in the Unity Editor with the wheel colliders etc, look at the angle of the suspension, matching the angle of the forks!

The second image shows the bike in the Game view, and you can see the Runtime Vehicle Editor sliders, which allow parameters to be modified, suspension height etc...

Just need a rider 3D model now... ;)

4. granada

granada

Realy nice :cool:.
    Dave

5. pixelsteam

pixelsteam

When do you expect to release the add on pack? Also will your setup work for say a large truck, like a semi?

6. darrelljr00

darrelljr00

Whew.. Im getting really really excited.. This looks GREAT.. Cant wait to buy this

7. Greg-Bassett

Greg-Bassett

Hi all,

I have completed the Editor and Runtime scripts, I just need add a scooter model, a motorcross bike, a push bike such as a BMX etc.

The final thing to do is modify the way the forks work, i.e they need to turn with the front wheel, and also the rear suspension, the rear arm needs to move with the rear wheel when the suspension compresses etc.

I will also create Vehicle Editor Setting files for each type of two-wheel vehicle, so users can load preset settings for any custom bike they create.

I also need to write a help pdf for showing how to create and setup your own bike models, so I am looking towards early next week for this to be completed, and ready for sale.

8. Greg-Bassett

Greg-Bassett

Quick update, managed to add some code to handle the bike crashing, by default the bike will always right itself based on the Centre of Gravity being low down, this makes the bike lean realistically.

However we do not always want the bike to right itself, especially if we have leant too far, so I have added some code which works really well, if the bike leans to far over it will end up dropping to the floor, and it won't right itself, effectively its crashed.

Funnily enough, adding this code has also made the bike crashing quite realistic to the real world, I have managed to get the bike to snap away as well, and effectively buck the rider off and flip in some cases.

Having lots of fun working on this... :D

I will try and post a new webplayer example later for you guys to play with! ;)

9. granada

granada

Sounds cool,your a hard working man ;).

dave

10. zappapa

zappapa

Any updates? I can't wait any longer...

11. Greg-Bassett

Greg-Bassett

I am working as fast as I can! ;)

I have found there are quite a few variables that can affect the handling of the bike rig, so I am trying to workout the best parameters to be modified for the best results.

I have the suspension working, and I am just setting up a few bikes to include with the Add-On.

Not too long before I am ready to release.

12. Adrenaline-Crew

Adrenaline-Crew

Greg, i bought Version 1.5 from your site, in the email you state:
    ""Dear Micheal,
    Thank you for your purchase!
    First, you need to download the following Unity Package from the link below:
    http://www.alabsoft.com/XXXX
    Next, download your copy of the RapidUnity Vehicle Editor Resource Pack""

How ever, where is the actual Vehicle Editor? There is no link in that email and after an exausting search on your site all i find are totorials, no package download...

13. zappapa

zappapa

Greg, the Ducati model above looks very hi-poly. Is this (the only) one going to be included in de two-wheeled rig add on? BTW how are you doing, any idea when you're ready to sell?

14. Greg-Bassett

Greg-Bassett

Hi Adrenaline Crew,

I have sent you some private messages, are you all sorted now?

15. Greg-Bassett

Greg-Bassett

It's funny, because some users have moaned that my models are too low poly in the past, I will be including approx 4 types of two-wheeled vehicles, ranging from low poly and hi poly models.

I am essentially almost ready to release, however I am having a few issues with the suspension parts of the models, with the car, it is just wheels and body.

With the bikes, it is frame, wheels, and forks and rear swing arm, it is really a case of finding the time to sort these out, as per normal life is busy, busy, busy at the moment, but I am doing my best, late nights etc trying to finish this off.

16. Greg-Bassett

Greg-Bassett

I will try and post a webplayer demo shortly with everything in place, minus the simulation of the forks and rear swing arm, i.e the wheels will follow the suspension line when compressing and will steer, but the forks will not compress or steer as yet, I have them working, but not well enough for release.

17. Adrenaline-Crew

Adrenaline-Crew

Greg, your program works stunning, thank you for the email. Out of all the Unity3d addon's I have purchased, your's is by far the easiest, most "plug and play" user friendly one I have.

Anyone who is thinking about downloading this, it is very simple to use and stunning results, i cant wait for the new version, it will go well with EasyRoads for a great game!

Last edited: Jan 28, 2011
  18. Greg-Bassett

Greg-Bassett

Wow, glad you like it so much, cannot wait to hear your comments when you get your hands on my two-wheeled rig Add-on when its ready.

Here is a short YouTube of my work in progress, sorry its not a webplayer, but I am better spending my time getting the last bits completed so I can get it out to you guys and girls!

Hope you like it anyway!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pXFGv-u-Lq4

19. mikevanman

mikevanman

great work can't wait to get it.

20. Adrenaline-Crew

Adrenaline-Crew

Nice, not to bug you, will it be able to continue to do wheelies, or should i just add that to the animation portion of the model, also when you hit front breaks, doing an endo (nose wheelie) would be cool, like in Grand Theif Auto.
    Here is a link to a most direct meaning.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h6yGyVQlXLk

21. Greg-Bassett

Greg-Bassett

Hi all,

I have the steering and front suspension now full working! :D

However, I have a strange problem with the rear swing arm.

See the image above uses the following code to draw a red gizmo line from the swing arm pivot point to the centre of the rear wheel, and using the Vector3.Angle command I can get that angle.

Code (csharp):
    1. Debug.DrawLine (wheelRL.transform.position, rear.transform.position, Color.red);
    3. Debug.Log(Vector3.Angle(wheelRL.transform.position, rear.transform.position));
    However, when I try and set the angle of the swing arm, I get some strange effects? such as the swingarm rotating to all different angles etc? :(

I have tried the following:

Code (csharp):
    1. bikerear.transform.localEulerAngles.x = Vector3.Angle(wheelRL.transform.position,rear.transform.position);
    and

Code (csharp):
    1. bikerear.transform.localRotation = Quaternion.Euler(rear.transform.position, wheelRL.transform.position);
    But no different? anyone know what I am doing wrong?

Last edited: Feb 1, 2011
  22. Adrenaline-Crew

Adrenaline-Crew

I noticed on some imported objects within unity the rear or front tires axle was not set correctly and had to be re-imported, could that be it?

23. Greg-Bassett

Greg-Bassett

Fixed it! :D

Gonna crack and add a motorcross bike, BMX, and a scooter, then get the user guide written!

Nearly there! Wahoo!!!

24. mikevanman

mikevanman

get in , its a nice feeling when you solve a problem !

If your ever in the North East (UK) the drinks are on me.

25. Adrenaline-Crew

Adrenaline-Crew

Stunning, your hard work will be well appreciated

26. smondlon

smondlon

Hi, ive been trying to import this in to unity 3 (mac) when i go to import the package i can even select it,(its greyed out) and when i drag and drop it in its doesn't add anything.

Can anyyone help?

27. darrelljr00

darrelljr00

is it safe to assume that ver. 2.0 will be complete March 1st?

28. Adrenaline-Crew

Adrenaline-Crew

Smondlon, just contact the email that was sent to you when you first bought it. Sometimes there is a small glitch but they will be able to instantly fix it.

29. Greg-Bassett

Greg-Bassett

We found the problem, the file did not have the .unitypackage file extension, renamed file and it worked fine.

Glad you found the problem smondlon.

30. Greg-Bassett

Greg-Bassett

I will do my best.

My two-wheel addon should be ready next week now. Then I will concentrate on v2 from then.

31. Greg-Bassett

Greg-Bassett

Quick update, my two-wheeled add-on is almost complete, I hope to have it available in the next 48 hours.

:D

32. Adrenaline-Crew

Adrenaline-Crew

Dont tease me greg!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

33. Greg-Bassett

Greg-Bassett

No, I am serious, its taken far longer than I expected as well, so apologies for that!

It's all looking good!

34. Adrenaline-Crew

Adrenaline-Crew

...or not =/

35. Greg-Bassett

Greg-Bassett

I am nearly done, just sorting out a few last minute bits.

Please bear with me... not long now!

36. zappapa

zappapa

I'm thinking... should I go to bed now, or should I stay awake untill the two-wheeled rig is available. Greg said "Please bear with me... not long now!" But what is 'not long'?

37. Greg-Bassett

Greg-Bassett

You must be in UK too, it is 23:41, and I need to get to bed really.

I am just about to post another teaser video on YouTube, shows where I am at, I am just tidying things up, so close, will be released tomorrow or Saturday now, not enough hours in the day.

Link to YouTube to follow in next 20 mins...

38. Greg-Bassett

Greg-Bassett

39. Adrenaline-Crew

Adrenaline-Crew

zappa i stay up to 6am knowing in the US it is a new day over there...hoping...praying...lol

40. Greg-Bassett

Greg-Bassett

It 00:22 now, I am done for today, hope to get it wrapped up tomorrow, working as fast as I can...

41. Andrew_atl

Andrew_atl

Looking awesome man, get some rest, don't work to hard.

42. Maurice-Hoffman

Maurice-Hoffman

Greg it is looking amazing, better do something good than someting fast so take yor time when needed.

I feel some paperboy 3d coming ....

43. zappapa

zappapa

Very, very nice teaser! Makes me wonder... how can I get a person sitting on the scooter and attach the hands and arms correctly to the steer. That's going to be even harder with the pushbike (feet, knees and all that). It would be easy in any 3d app with IK but in Unity???. Well at least I have something to think about 'till sunday (or saturday?). Perhaps somebody can point me in the right direction?

44. Adrenaline-Crew

Adrenaline-Crew

@zappapa
    would you need a system like this for a push bike? i think this is best suited if no feet are touching the ground.

45. Greg-Bassett

Greg-Bassett

Thanks for your comments, still fixing some little bugs, main issue is because I am making this tool compatible with my existing 4 wheeled rig, but its worth it!

With regards to riders, this is kind of out of scope at the moment, but it something I will be addressing in the future for sure!

Back to it now... catch you all later!

46. Greg-Bassett

Greg-Bassett

It is finished!!!! wahoo! just fixed the final bug!

Really pleased with this addition to my Vehicle Editor!

I am just finishing off the documentation, and a quick tutorial showing how to use custom 3D bike models, and then I need to update my website, and finally I need to package up the add-on and test it installs correctly.

Will do all this tomorrow evening now, got to be up early in the morning, I teach karate on Saturday mornings! :D

Last edited: Feb 11, 2011
  47. Adrenaline-Crew

Adrenaline-Crew

adrenaline crew likes this!

48. Greg-Bassett

Greg-Bassett

Just to update you, I have almost completed the documentation and tutorial showing how to use custom 3D bike models.

Still got to update my website, and package up the add-on and test it installs correctly.

So still not quite there yet, sorry for the delay, it will be worth the wait!

Enjoy the rest of the weekend all!

49. Adrenaline-Crew

Adrenaline-Crew

ok, i waited around all day, but didn't want to bug you... icky 7:30, guess ill go play poker

50. Adrenaline-Crew

Adrenaline-Crew