Search Unity

Autosave prefabs problem

Discussion in 'Prefabs' started by nicmarxp, Sep 9, 2020.

1. nicmarxp

nicmarxp

When I open a prefab for edit, each time I go back without changing anything, it asks if I want to save.
    I disabled auto save earlier because it glitched, but this is related somehow.

It seems that each time the prefab is saved, it's dirty right away, this causes autosave to keep saving, and making editing prefabs impossible.

See the video. What can be the reason for this? It doesn't happen on all prefabs, but for one prefab that already has this problem, it doesn't matter if i delete all gameobjects and scripts, and only has an empty gameobject. It still happens.

This is Unity 2020.1.4

2. runevision

runevision

I would have said it's likely some script causing it, but if you can still repro with just an empty GameObject, that's very odd. We'd very much like to be able to have a look at the project, so if you can submit it in a bug report, we can have a look. You can post the case number here to make sure we see it.

3. nicmarxp

nicmarxp

Thanks, I will try to remove stuff from this project and get back here if I can still recreate it. Thanks again :)

runevision likes this.