Search Unity

Unity's version control component has been upgraded to Plastic SCM.

Feedback Automating Devlog from Collaborate History

Discussion in 'Unity Collaborate' started by Bubsavvy, Apr 9, 2019.

?

Does the Unity Indie Developer Community Want Devlog Option

1. yes

100.0%
  2. no

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Bubsavvy

Bubsavvy

Greetings Unity Dev Community,

Was just curious on everyone's thoughts on the possibility of adding a download devlog option for unity collaborate provided some sort of range value between release dates to pull the collaborate descriptions to build a devlog from them. Our team has just personally found it easier to generate our devlogs and patch release notes from collaborate itself.

2. Bubsavvy

Bubsavvy

Or nah... That's fine too. Bump.

3. IOU_RAY

IOU_RAY

We already do this as there are webhooks that send the commit data. You can just parse it in/out however you want with the endpoint of your hook (we use Lambda)

-FIX: <description> is internal for us
    +FIX: <description> is for public change notes upon cloud-build success.

We use +ADD/-ADD, +VISUAL/-VISUAL, and +BALANCE/-BALANCE for gameplay changelog notes.

4. Bubsavvy

Bubsavvy

@IOU_RAY thanks for the reply. Is there any documentation you could point me to for the specifics on how to retrieve the commit data via AWS Lambda if that is what you are referring too.

Edit :
    It would still be great if they shipped the devlog during a build or something. Sort of difficult for our little indie team to afford to use AWS Lambda unless it is actually free.

Last edited: Apr 17, 2019
  5. Bubsavvy

Bubsavvy

6. StaceyH

StaceyH

Administrator

Hi @Bubsavvy! Thanks for the request - I can see how having a more automated solution vs. needing to setup your own workflow would be ideal. I've opened an item on our backlog to discuss this with the team. For reference - the ID is COL-531.

While I will follow up once I have more information, feel free to message me at any time if you want an update.

Bubsavvy likes this.
  7. Bubsavvy

Bubsavvy

Nice :D Thanks @StaceyH. Will do. Yeah i thought this may be an effective usage of unity commit messages. Looking forward to seeing what you have in store with this feature.