Search Unity

1. Welcome to the Unity Forums! Please take the time to read our Code of Conduct to familiarize yourself with the forum rules and how to post constructively.
  2. We’re making changes to the Unity Runtime Fee pricing policy that we announced on September 12th. Access our latest thread for more information!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dismiss Notice

Discussion Automating content updates to CCD

Discussion in 'Unity Cloud Content Delivery' started by Ycoi, Jul 14, 2022.

1. Ycoi

Ycoi

As someone coming from a non game dev background I'm used to automating big parts of the dev and build process. When talking to game developers it seems that automation is a lot less common in game dev and I don't fully understand why.

To me automating something like updates to CCD seems an obvious use case because typically you want to update your content often and across several platforms, but I don't see many people doing this or couldn't find any discussions or threads about it. Do you guys use automation in your development workflows and in particular what do you think about automating CCD content updates?

And if someone is interested, here's a link to a step-by-step guide on how to do this.

Do you consider this as a waste of time or something useful? To me if I know I will be doing something several times, I consider not automating it as a waste of time.

Last edited: Jul 14, 2022
    SebT_Unity and Alessar like this.
  2. SebT_Unity

SebT_Unity

Unity Technologies

Thanks for sharing that link.
    Maybe not as popular with smaller studios / indie developers. Sometimes the time to learn and create the automation may be greater than doing the process manually a few times.

Automating CCD is a perfect usecase and agree with you that this should be leveraged when possible.

Thanks again for sharing your feedback and thoughts.