Search Unity

Automatically downloading from cloud build

Discussion in 'Unity Build Automation' started by StevenHolwerda, Aug 30, 2018.

1. StevenHolwerda

StevenHolwerda

I'm using a patching application to create deltas and distribute my applications. To do this, I manually go to unity cloud, make sure a build has started, wait for the build to finish, download the build, run the patching software and then upload the patch (to Azure blob storage). There must be a better/more automated way!

The patching software has a command line interface so it should definitely be doable but I don't have much experience with this type of thing. Does anyone have any tips for automating this process?

As a side note, I'm thinking it might be a good idea to do this process on a VM (to stop my processing speed and terrible uploading speed from being blocked up by this process). This would also benefit from the automation of the above process.

Any tips/suggestions/advice is super welcome!

2. timtunity3d

timtunity3d

Unity Technologies

You can use the Notifications feature to have CloudBuild post back to a webhook when your build is finished. Then you could write a script to download the build, run the patch software, and upload it.

3. StevenHolwerda

StevenHolwerda

Any ideas what would be good to write the script in? I'm thinking maybe a batch file?

4. Morbeavus

Morbeavus

5. tonemcbride

tonemcbride

victorw likes this.