Search Unity

Question Automated QA: No result log file on device after running test (only screenshots)

Discussion in 'Testing & Automation' started by mc_fragezeichen, Nov 2, 2022.

1. mc_fragezeichen

mc_fragezeichen

Using Unity's Automated QA package
    - I record some small play through in a toy Unity project featuring only two buttons in the default scene
    - I generate a "Full Test"
    - I open Window -> General -> TestRunner
    - I run the above mentioned test in Editor (works) and on Android device (works)

However, I want to get a summary of the test as a log / text file.
    How can I force Unity to generate such files?

More context:
    Looking for test result I can only find a folder with screenshots of the app while executing the test, but no log file whatsoever. As can be seen from the pictures below:

2022-11-02 11_13_40-Window.jpg 2022-11-02 11_13_45-Window.jpg 2022-11-02 11_13_55-Window.jpg

2. mc_fragezeichen

mc_fragezeichen

Looking at this page I'm not entirely sure anymore that this is even possible. I can create reports by running a recording in editor mode

Automated QA -> Automated QA Hub -> Recorded Playback -> Play specific recording

After that I can look at a nice html report. However this tells me little about how the performance would be on an android device...

3. timsibiski

timsibiski

Unity Technologies

Hi,

Sorry for the late reply here! So this package has been shelved and is not currently being worked on or supported in an official capacity. However, you are welcome to keep using it and I will try to offer basic ideas/suggestions as I was one of the developers on the project.

So are you saying that you expected to see the performance data on the test run report? If so, the report only offered FPS (look for a button labeled FPS) to show the framerate over test execution. We were working on more, but did not have anything implemented by the time the project was shelved.