Search Unity

Automated Builds

Discussion in 'Editor & General Support' started by coquifrogs, May 14, 2014.

1. coquifrogs

coquifrogs

We're using Jenkins to make builds of our various projects automatically, but there are some things that could be better. The following are things we've worked around but could be supported by Unity's CLI. Has anyone else found solutions to these?

1) Unity requires the user that executes it to have an active GUI session. This isn't a big deal unless the server reboots.
    2) Unity runs out of memory or crashes for other reasons and sometimes becomes unresponsive. Jenkins keeps waiting for it to finish and ties up the build pipeline. I suspect it's trying to report a bug, but I'm not sure. I'm looking into timing the builds out and retrying.
    3) We have one large 2D project that has lots of sprites. This leads to really long import times. My current solution is to have several duplicates of the project on the build server set up for each OS/build configuration to avoid reimporting assets when a new build is run. It would be nice to be able to specify the Library directory to use maybe?