Search Unity

Autodesk.fbx 4.1.0 build error

Discussion in 'Asset Importing & Exporting' started by jeremias-volker, Feb 9, 2022.

1. jeremias-volker

jeremias-volker

Hi,

I have a very similar issue to this one: https://forum.unity.com/threads/autodesk-fbx-build-error.716864/

I'm trying to use Autodesk.Fbx to export/import FBX at runtime. The difference is I'm using a newer version com.autodesk.fbx@4.1.0 and the recommended fix doesn't work (the same errors remain).

I've got this working in the editor. However, when creating a build (macOS + Windows 64 bit) I get multiple errors similar to these:

Code (CSharp):
    1. Error CS0246: The type or namespace name 'Autodesk' could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)
    2. Error CS0246: The type or namespace name 'FbxMesh' could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)
    I managed to get rid of this error by moving the package into my Assets and editing `com.autodesk.fbx@4.1.0/Runtime/Scripts/NativeMethods.cs`. I changed the first line from

#if UNITY_EDITOR || FBXSDK_RUNTIME 
    to

#if UNITY_EDITOR || FBXSDK_RUNTIME || UNITY_STANDALONE

That get's rid of those errors but leaves me with new ones:

Code (CSharp):
    1. error CS0246: The type or namespace name 'FbxDouble4' could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)
    3. error CS0246: The type or namespace name 'FbxColor' could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)
    5. error CS0246: The type or namespace name 'FbxDouble3' could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)
    How can I fix these errors and create a build for Windows 64bit?

Thanks a lot in advance.

2. vkovec

vkovec

Unity Developer - FBX Exporter

Hi @jeremias-volker,

For including the package in the build, you will need to add FBXSDK_RUNTIME to the Scripting Define Symbols:
    1. In the Unity Editor main menu, select Edit > Project Settings.
    2. In Player properties, expand the Other Settings section.
    3. Under Configuration, in the Scripting Define Symbols field, add FBXSDK_RUNTIME
    For more details, please see this section of the documentation.

jeremias-volker likes this.
  3. jeremias-volker

jeremias-volker

Amazing! This seems to work.

Thank you so much. :)

vkovec likes this.