Search Unity

Auto Rig Pro for Blender

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by ThanxMOm, Jan 26, 2021.

1. ThanxMOm

ThanxMOm

Hi guys. I want to ask you about Auto rig pro for blender.

We use this tool when we rig for our models.

It works well in Blender, but when we Import our models in unity, the problems come.

First of all, We can't see our model's rig in Unity.

Second, We can't see our model's hair rig in Unity.

In blender we can see our all rig well, but in Unity 3d we can't see anything.

We export our models "Universal" type in blender. but we don't know this thing can make problem like that.

if someone can help me, please reply.

2. MadeFromPolygons

MadeFromPolygons

If you are rigging humanoids you need to ensure that you export them as humanoids and import into unity selecting the rig as "humanoid" and then you should get access to the skeleton via the unity avatar system.

It sounds like you have not done this and I expect it is importing as "generic"

Although if you did not see the hair rig either theres a chance that you just did not export the rig correctly in the first place

3. neginfinity

neginfinity

Additionally, when exporting auto rig pro character you need to use the "export" button on autorig panel and not the usual method of going through "export fbx".

As far as I know, they only need that if they plan to use mecanim retargeting. Otherwise "generic" animation type is fine.

MadeFromPolygons likes this.
  4. Murgilod

Murgilod

Did you try doing the things suggested in the other posts before necroing a years old thread? Because I use ARP near daily and what neginfinity says is how you're supposed to do it.

MadeFromPolygons likes this.
  5. arprasath16

arprasath16

Guys i also deal with some kind of similar pblm.i rigged in arp..its fine in blender and unity..but after build the pblm occurs in mobile...vertex are controled by more bones..and mesh became weird.i found that the weight painting can solve this issue..so i have to go back to blender and manually remove minimum weights of the bones..then it will be fine..but i dont think its the only solution...is anything i am doing wrong...why the weight painting changes afetr the monile build only..plz answer me