Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Auto Reload Textures In Maya

Discussion in 'Formats & External Tools' started by Rodolfo-Rubens, Dec 25, 2013.

1. Rodolfo-Rubens

Rodolfo-Rubens

2014 and Maya still doesn't have a auto-reload textures when you save the file and goes 'alt+tab'. Am I the only one who thinks this is very primitive for a company such as Autodesk???

2. Peter Ples

Peter Ples

It would be somewhat inefficient of maya to try to check every file continuously or even on bringing the program to front. Especially in larger scenes with dozens or even hundreds of textures so I don't blame them for that. However what would be nice of them would be a button the user could press to reload them all.

I wrote a python script to do this, but it is at work and I can't share that code. But there's plenty of scripts that do the same thing.

http://www.creativecrash.com/maya/script/refreshtextures--4

http://www.creativecrash.com/maya/script/auto-refresh-textures

The second one here claims to have a gui to tell it to stop if it's taking too long, but you won't have too many textures in a game maya file.

3. Rodolfo-Rubens

Rodolfo-Rubens

Hi! Sorry for necroing this but if someone is wondering, in Maya 2015 they fixed this:

Windows -> Settings/Preferences -> Preferences -> File/Projects -> Image Files -> Check: Automatically reload updated image files (it's off by default)

Also, thanks for replying me Peter Ples, finally a builtin solution eh!

4. jRocket

jRocket

Nice. I always hated having to find the file node and hit reload texture every time I changed it.

5. SrNull

SrNull

Thans Rodolfo!! , your answers helped me a Lot to set a nice photoshop-maya workflow