Search Unity

Auto Open C# Project On Launch

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by xucian, Jan 25, 2019.

1. xucian

xucian

Hey developers,
    Here's a tiny asset we fond very useful in all of our projects and decided to release it for free.

Hope you enjoy it :)
    Suggestions are much appreciated!

Last edited: Jan 25, 2019
  2. Player7

Player7

But it doesn't let you just launch a Unity project without not having run Unity Editor at all ? ie you've got a project setup in Unity, but don't want to bother launching the editor just to get Visual Studio to open up all the correct things?

3. xucian

xucian

You lost me. You mean starting VS without starting Unity? You can do so by double-clicking the .sln in the project folder. But I'm pretty sure you meant something else, so please clarify

--Lucian

4. Player7

Player7

yeah I know that, but the problem is opening the sln file doesn't really work that well from what I've found. In any case you still need the Unity editor open for it to compile changes... wasn't Unity working on something to build/compile within Visual Studio without the editor open? Sorry kinda off topic from this asset.. so basically this asset just automatically opens the code side of the project in your editor of choice the moment you open the Unity project in the editor right?

5. xucian

xucian

Yes, that's what it does.
    I don't have any knowledge about compiling code outside Unity.
    But -at least on 2018.3- hitting "Rebuild solution" in VS doesn't give any errors and it also skips unity's own compilation step. I didn't try this with Unity closed, though

6. sommmen

sommmen

Hi! i tried this out with the latest unity version 2019.3.6f1 personal. I copied the whole thing to /Assets/Plugins.
    This did however not work for me :(