Search Unity

1. Good news ✨ We have more Unite Now videos available for you to watch on-demand! Come check them out and ask our experts any questions!
    Dismiss Notice

Auto Hand VR - Automatically Figures Out Hand Shape on Grab

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by EarnestRobot, Aug 10, 2020.

1. EarnestRobot

EarnestRobot

2. sjm-tech

sjm-tech

Very cool ...I was wondering if there is any fine tweaking to make the snap smoother and less visible.

3. EarnestRobot

EarnestRobot

It's a good suggestion. I will look into adding this for the next update!

sjm-tech likes this.
  4. Squeyed

Squeyed

Just bought this yesterday, I like it a lot though I have a few questions.
    I've been trying out the demo scenes and noticed on the objects that can be grabbed by 2 hands there were 2 occurrences that stood out to me.

The first was if the distance between the hands goes beyond a certain value then the object is dropped by both hands, is there any chance an option could be added to say that if the item mass (or some other measurement) is below a threshold then one hand would try to keep hold of the object? Possibly by comparing controller angle with the hand transform, controller with the largest angle loses and releases.

The second was when handling one of the large balls with 2 hands, is there a way to make it so the hands can get closer together without breaking the grip as easily as when moving them further apart? In my head it seemed as though applying pressure was making it break the grip too easily, which would make sense if the object had low friction I guess.

Lastly just a question to save me time integrating this into my project. Can I add all of the required layers by hand and setup the matrix myself? I have many layers already in use and applied throughout many scenes and prefabs so allowing a complete overwrite during the import would create too much work.

Thanks for your time and the excellent asset!

5. EarnestRobot

EarnestRobot

Hey Squeyed,

Thanks for the kind words! You can increase each Grabbables Joint Break Force and Joint Break Torque values to increase the distance required to break the hand's connection to the held object, which should help with your first two problems. You can also absolutely set those layers up by hand and it should be no problem at all!

Squeyed likes this.
unityunity