Search Unity

Auto Fence Builder [Released]

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by Two_Click_Tools, Oct 18, 2014.

1. martman100

martman100

Another question. So I am looking for a tool to build a mesh that follows the contour of a terrain. Basically would like to click and have it then generate a mesh that I can export to a 3d program. The idea of my project is to have a off road track or road where I need to have more advanced texturing than what the standard unity terrain provides. I would uv map that mesh in say blender and then overlay that mesh on the terrain. Is there a way to do that with AFWB? Thanks again.

2. Two_Click_Tools

Two_Click_Tools

Interesting. AFWB only cares about the terrain height along the forward direction of the fence, i.e. It doesn’t care about any variation side-to-side. In the case of a road with width, would you need to care about that, e.g. Camber?

If It’s enough to use a road or track that remains flat across its width, it could be possible to make a mod that does what you need. Could you contact the support address and we can discuss it, as it’s probably a bit off topic.

Cheers

Joe

3. khushildep

khushildep

Is there an update coming? I'm using 2019.3 and there are a number of 'obsolete' warnings?

4. Two_Click_Tools

Two_Click_Tools

Yes, it will be submitted next week. Updates include a choice of section joint styles, improved realtime demo, some new motorsport-style fencing, and a basic path mode.
    In the meantime, none of those new warnings will affect functionality, but I appreciate it’s nice not to have them.

Joe

5. khushildep

khushildep

Thanks Joe. I was trying this in latest 2018 LTS and I'm also getting obsolete warnings - same deal?

6. Two_Click_Tools

Two_Click_Tools

That’s odd, thanks, I hadn’t checked the LTS, my understanding was they didn’t change any APIs. But yes, same deal.
    I’ll post again next week when it’’s submitted, but if you want a script update now to remove the warnings, you can drop a line to support.

Joe

7. Two_Click_Tools

Two_Click_Tools

There are some minor issues in the latest Unity 2019.3 with menu and button names being truncated. This will be fixed in an update soon.

Thanks

Joe

8. Two_Click_Tools

Two_Click_Tools

We're ready to submit an update for any cosmetic issues and warnings found with the new Unity 2019.3 update.

I've fixed a couple of labels that were getting their text truncated, along with the previously mentioned benign, but annoying warnings.

If anyone has spotted anything else, please post here and I'll include it in tomorrow's bugfix submission, or a further feature update the following week (I've separated it in to two updates as one of the new features needs re-doing for 2019.3)

Thanks

Joe

unityunity