Search Unity

Auto Correct Gone in iOS

Discussion in 'UGUI & TextMesh Pro' started by rtalerico, Oct 14, 2019.

1. rtalerico

rtalerico

I am currently running 2.1.0 preview 1 and have noticed when going between a single line autocorrected input field and a multi line submit I lose the ability to autocorrect. The suggested words disappears completely, leaving me with a gap between the preview input and "Done/Cancel".

I attempted to revert back to a different TMP version, but when doing so my TMP components seem to shift their text over, leaving me the only option of reverting my project back prior to the preview TMP version.

This appears to be directly related to Dark Mode in iOS 13. I have not yet come up with a fix.

Last edited: Oct 24, 2019
  2. Ndupker

Ndupker

I am getting the same issue on IOS, no Auto Correct displaying in 2.1.0 preview 1 or 2.

3. Stephan_B

Stephan_B

Do you get the same behavior with UI Input Field?

As per the previous post, I am trying to determine if this is specific to the TMP Input Field or to iOS changes perhaps.

P.S. Sorry about missing the initial post.

4. Ndupker

Ndupker

Is that with the "Autocorrected" content type selected? Because if so then yeah that does not seem to work either.

5. scraft_vtime

scraft_vtime

For clarity, our project, built with Unity 2018, with a slightly older TMP, displays the keyboard correctly with autocorrect.

With Unity 2019, we have to use the latest TMP preview 1 or 2 (otherwise the keyboard doesn't appear with the custom option selected), the autocorrect suggestions do not show up (despite asking for them).

In both scenarios, we are running on devices running iOS 13.

This is currently a show stopper for us and holding up development, so anything you can do to help remedy this would be greatly appreciated.

6. Stephan_B

Stephan_B

I'll try taking a look tomorrow afternoon and provide feedback as soon as I have more information.

7. Ndupker

Ndupker

Ok thanks.

Just for clarification the feature we are looking for is the Predictive bar. It seemed to be bundled with the autocorrect dropdown previously but maybe is not anymore?
    On the older unity + package if you disable the "Predictive" option in Settings->General->Keyboards then you get the exact same result so its like that is permanantly turned off in Unity 2019 for some reason.

8. evilock

evilock

Hi Stephan, did you have a look at this yet? We're having this exact issue with our project as well.

9. cpwfx_work

cpwfx_work

You can fix this by commenting this line in Classes/UI/keyboard.mm (line 281 in Unity 2019.2.12f1)

From

traits.secureTextEntry = !param.secure;
    traits.secureTextEntry = param.secure;

To

// traits.secureTextEntry = !param.secure;
    traits.secureTextEntry = param.secure;

Last edited: Nov 21, 2019
    Ndupker likes this.
  10. Ndupker

Ndupker

Thanks, when we applied this in the XCode project it did indeed work.

Until a fix is made we have a build step that changes the file in post process.

11. evilock

evilock

12. Tx

Tx

I updated to 2018.4.23f1 and the bug is gone :)

13. nima8

nima8

This is still a problem in Unity 2019.4!! It happens on some iPhones