Search Unity

Auto-approve package stuck in pending for 3 days...

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by jerotas, Sep 2, 2017.

1. jerotas

jerotas

We are one of the (I think) small group of publishers that have the auto-approval thing that happens when we submit an update to our plugins.

Normally after we submit an update it is live within 20-40 minutes.

Recently I saw one of our updates was still in pending a month later! And another package has been pending for 3 days.

Has anyone else that has auto-approval experienced this? What are we supposed to do when this happens?

-Brian

2. assetstoreoffers

assetstoreoffers

Update to a package will take around max of 1 week.
    If you see it didn't work, you can send a mail to unity asset store support team. These are very friendly and will respond you back.

3. jerotas

jerotas

This would be true if we didn't have auto-approve. I don't think you read my whole post.

Thanks for the response anyway.

4. PROTOFACTOR_Inc

PROTOFACTOR_Inc

Happened to us multiple times. If the next day it's not live then you just have to resubmit.

5. jerotas

jerotas

Thanks for the answer. I had actually already resubmitted this package after seeing is was stuck for 24 hours. Now it's 4 more days and still nothing. Resubmitting again now, hopefully 3rd time's a charm!

6. PROTOFACTOR_Inc

PROTOFACTOR_Inc

What version of unity are you submitting with? Is your package really heavy on Gb??
    On our end it mostly happened with really big submissions (3 Gb +) on unity 5.1.2

7. jerotas

jerotas

I submit with 4.6, 5.2 and 5.6. Package is around 80Mb.

I think I tried to upload on 2017 and it wouldn't even work.

8. jerotas

jerotas

Well I resubmitted for the 3rd time, still stuck in pending 24 hours later. Anyone I can email about this? Who should I email?

9. PROTOFACTOR_Inc

PROTOFACTOR_Inc

Support@unity3d.com I assume... they'll get back to you in 5 business days though... can get pretty frustrating...

10. jerotas

jerotas

Not the end of the world if someone will eventually respond. Thanks!

11. nasos_333

nasos_333

What is the process to enable auto-approve ? I was under the assumption that there is a review process in all cases, is there a way to avoid the review process ? That would be most helpful :)

12. jerotas

jerotas

I don't know the answer to that. It just happened after a certain amount of us not screwing anything up and having lots of updates and being on the store a couple years I think. You could ask the Asset Store people to consider you for it, they may have internal criteria they can share, I really don't know.

It is pretty rare and mostly unknown, but it does exist. I believe Opsive has it and probably the NGUI author, and handful of others.

Hope that helps.

13. nasos_333

nasos_333

I see, thanks for the information :)

jerotas likes this.
  14. TonyLi

TonyLi

Some early publishers had auto-approve permissions, but they've started turning it off for all publishers now.

15. jerotas

jerotas

I submitted all 4 packages at the same time and 3 of them were live within an hour. Just 1 of them got stuck in pending.

So I don't believe that's the case...

We will see. Thanks for the response.

16. longroadhwy

longroadhwy

Wow. I did not know they had such a capability on the asset store.

The wait for the Rewired update has been almost 30 days already and it still is not approved.

17. jerotas

jerotas

Issue fixed. In case anyone is wondering or hits the same problem, I had uploaded 3 versions of the package from different Unity versions. One of the packages said "0 bytes", so I think it uploaded wrong somehow. That blocked it from getting auto-approved. Removed that one, and re-uploaded that version and submitted. Was live in 5 minutes.