Search Unity

1. Welcome to the Unity Forums! Please take the time to read our Code of Conduct to familiarize yourself with the forum rules and how to post constructively.

Authentication PlayerID Change?

Discussion in 'Multiplayer' started by Dwight_P, Nov 7, 2022.

1. Dwight_P

Dwight_P

Hello,

So I am currently working on integrating steam while using Lobby/Relay/Matchmaking systems. I have figured out how to integrate the steam login, BUT the returned playerID is a hashed one that is generated by the authentication, and not the Steam ID. In order to properly get data from steamworks I need the exact Steam ID, not the hashed one Authentication generates. As a result I am having to use the Authentication id for some things, and the steam ID for others.

Long story short, if there a way to change the ID output by AuthenticationService.Instance.PlayerId? I looked in the script and there is an internal only method, but that doesn't help much.

2. Cranom

Cranom

3. Dwight_P

Dwight_P

I know how to get the Steam ID, that is not the issue. The issue is that Lobby/Relay/Matchmaking all relay on the Unity ID that is hashed from the authentication. That ID is not the steam ID, and yeah I am using the steam sign-in pipeline. L

Long Story Short:
    Unity's Auth Service Needed for Lobby/Relay/Matchmaking - It's own ID
    Steam ID - Needed to get steam profile data

I am "trying" to get it so that each server in the lobby is assigned the steam ID of the host