Search Unity

Authentication PlayerID Change?

Discussion in 'Multiplayer' started by Dwight_P, Nov 7, 2022.

1. Dwight_P

Dwight_P

Hello,

So I am currently working on integrating steam while using Lobby/Relay/Matchmaking systems. I have figured out how to integrate the steam login, BUT the returned playerID is a hashed one that is generated by the authentication, and not the Steam ID. In order to properly get data from steamworks I need the exact Steam ID, not the hashed one Authentication generates. As a result I am having to use the Authentication id for some things, and the steam ID for others.

Long story short, if there a way to change the ID output by AuthenticationService.Instance.PlayerId? I looked in the script and there is an internal only method, but that doesn't help much.

2. Cranom

Cranom

3. Dwight_P

Dwight_P

I know how to get the Steam ID, that is not the issue. The issue is that Lobby/Relay/Matchmaking all relay on the Unity ID that is hashed from the authentication. That ID is not the steam ID, and yeah I am using the steam sign-in pipeline. L

Long Story Short:
    Unity's Auth Service Needed for Lobby/Relay/Matchmaking - It's own ID
    Steam ID - Needed to get steam profile data

I am "trying" to get it so that each server in the lobby is assigned the steam ID of the host