Search Unity

Official Authentication now supports Oculus (Meta Quest)!

Discussion in 'Authentication' started by chengg_unity, Oct 26, 2022.

1. chengg_unity

chengg_unity

Unity Technologies

Hello everyone,

We are excited to announce that Unity Authentication now supports Meta Quest (Oculus) Sign-In!

Demo
    You can see it in action here:
    upload_2022-10-26_11-18-31.gif

Documentation
    You can refer to our documentation (API and SDK) on how to set up and configure Oculus Sign In.

What’s Next?
    We are currently evaluating to provide support for Apple Game Center, Twitch and Discord. Please let us know if you have any questions or feedback!

Last edited: Oct 26, 2022
  2. DavidZobrist

DavidZobrist

Thank you :)

3. adrian-taylor09

adrian-taylor09

Hi there,

I'm probably missing something simple, but the examples you provided show how to Add Oculus as an authentication provider and then how to obtain the necessary information from the Oculus Integration package, but nothing that shows how to actually sign in the user with the Authentication package.

Any chance we could see a code snippet of some kind?

4. adrian-taylor09

adrian-taylor09

As it turns out, I was indeed missing something simple.

The Oculus platform methods for the Authentication package were added in version 2.3.0, I had to manually update my Authentication package in the manifest in order to be able to access these

mahdik_unity and chengg_unity like this.
  5. mahdik_unity

mahdik_unity

Unity Technologies

6. adrian-taylor09

adrian-taylor09

Either I'm blind, or that code sample doesn't actually show how to authenticate with Oculus, it shows you how to retrieve a users Oculus details and leaves you with a comment:

// Authentication can be performed here.

It's not particularly difficult after that, you just call:
    Code (CSharp):
    1. AuthenticationService.Instance.SignInWithOculusAsync
    But unless you have the most up to date Authentication package (which isn't installed by default as a dependency) then you have no idea that method even exists

justdizzy likes this.
  7. BraindanceDev

BraindanceDev

AuthenticationService.Instance.SignInWithOculusAsync(oculusNonce, userId);

always returns:

[Authentication]: Request completed with error: {"title":"PERMISSION_DENIED","detail":"unable to validate token","details":[],"status":401}

KevinCastejon likes this.
  8. spinaljack

spinaljack

Has anyone used this and filled in the meta data protection assessment form?
    Which boxes do you tick?
    I assume user id is transmitted to a 3rd party server for this to function so does that mean we need to have a security certificate?

The form says we need a certificate type of: an unqualified SOC 2 Type 2 or SOC 3 Report, Certified ISO 27001, Certified ISO 27018, HI-TRUST, OWASP or equivalent;

Has anyone got one of these?

9. KevinCastejon

KevinCastejon

same as @BraindanceDev , signin into the SDK is successull, but SignInWithOculusAsync always throw error 401... Just opened a issue ticket...