Search Unity

Austin demo very slow in mac

Discussion in 'Entity Component System' started by dreamerflyer, Mar 21, 2018.

1. dreamerflyer

dreamerflyer

hi all,how to make smooth ? slow.jpg slow2.jpg

2. Filtiarn_

Filtiarn_

Do you have pictures showing project running on Windows on the mac(Boot camp)?

3. Filtiarn_

Filtiarn_

Edit: Do you have a graphics card. I ran it on my Surface pro 4 and got around 5fps which was better than I expected.

4. dreamerflyer

dreamerflyer

gpu:
    Intel Iris Pro 1536 MB

I had made < 2000 entity,not 10000+ slow2.jpg

Last edited: Mar 21, 2018
  5. Filtiarn_

Filtiarn_

Your using integrated graphics from intel which is not made to run games(I'm doing the same). I'm running around 5fps at 2000 entities which again is understandable since I'm not running with a dedicated gpu. Your also getting worse results because Macs run games worse than Windows.

6. xoofx

xoofx

Unity Technologies

Also, make sure that you have the option disabled in "Edit/Preferences/External Tools/Editor Attaching".

By default the Unity Editor is running with the capability to attach a debugger for C# but it is basically slowing down the whole editor by a factor of 5x to 10x

7. dreamerflyer

dreamerflyer

restart unity,not increase .maybe some setting not correct?

Attached Files:

8. Joachim_Ante

Joachim_Ante

Unity Technologies

Based on the screenshot it appears you are heavily GPU bound. When we showed the demo we showed it with a pretty beefy GPU, mainly because it was all about CPU workload not GPU.

But the point is noted and we'll work a bit on making sure the scene is running better on old school hardware. I think we can agree the goal of the demo should be to show scalability. So maybe you can't expect 100k units on screen but 5k - 10k units should run even on intel integrated graphics cards.

We will continue to improve the demo. This is just the starting point, we wanted to get it out there so you can learn from it. So please bear with us as we get into a mode where we continously improve these demos. Also do feel free to contribute changes to the demos back. We'd be happy to work with community on it.

laurentlavigne and dreamerflyer like this.
  9. laurentlavigne

laurentlavigne

When you guys improve the demo, could you label the GOs that run the systems? I gave up figuring out system entry points.

10. HeadZerg

HeadZerg

Disabling some effects in PostProcessing\Profiles\PostProc_Default could help.

11. optimise

optimise

@Joachim_Ante Awesome. I really hope Unity can support super low end spec like the massive scale game I play. Last time, I use laptop Intel® Core™ i7-3610QM Processor with Intel® HD Graphics 4000 only it's still playable with quite nice FPS in lowest graphics setting.

Last edited: Mar 22, 2018
    dreamerflyer likes this.
  12. dreamerflyer

dreamerflyer

OMG,in ios mode, this example freezon,it seems render not correct....why?can fix it? ios.jpg