Search Unity

[BEST ARTISTIC TOOL - UNITY AWARDS 2019] Aura 2 - Volumetric Lighting & Fog

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by raphick, Feb 27, 2019.

1. ZAXIS

ZAXIS

No, this is playing in Editor, on directx 11. You can see the library marker d3d11.

Even if I am setting ALL formats to ARGB32, I am still getting these:

upload_2019-5-3_12-13-45.png

Edit:
    So apperently one of the light sources where rendering into ARGBHalf, whereas everything else was rendered into ARFBFloat. By disabling/enabling and re-saving the scene, I was able to fix these errors.

Last edited: May 5, 2019
    raphick likes this.
  2. generalknow

generalknow

Looks good in my VR project..... here is a video with lots of Aura2...

Akshara, Aahart and raphick like this.
  3. Xanderxavier

Xanderxavier

So err quick question, I tried swapping my Unity Editor to Vulkan and alas little of the effects of aura 2 survived the transition, I had this and Fog Volume 3 loaded in a scene and whilst fv3 was unaffected alas the fog of aura 2 disappeared, it seemed to do something when I swapped lighting presets but it certainly did not look like it did under DX11 mode the light changes only a little alas, re-enabling dx11 it all re-appeared, so my question is there an eta for Vulkan support for aura 2?, as it seems the case that out of the box I need to either choose to use aura 2 in a project and keep it DX11 or choose vulkan and loose it, thanks in advance for your reply.

4. raphick

raphick

Geez! I was so busy answering the previous answer that I missed telling how great your shots are! Congrats :)

It's hopefully coming ;-)

Great!

Awesome sci-fi envi! And great uses of Aura and the volumes! Thanks for sharing! :)

Hi! Vulkan is currently not a supported platform, more than probably no blocking reasons but did not have the time to assure it, sorry about that.

Cheers guys!

generalknow likes this.
  5. ChinChiaYeh

ChinChiaYeh

Hi,

The volumetric light effect did not render on my water shader.

Render queue of water shader is 2999.

How can I fix this?

6. raphick

raphick

Hi! Is this a shader of your own?
    If so, you should include Aura 2 like documented in the Doc.

If not, be aware that support for Aura 2 is coming for a bunch of 3rd party asset, or you can ask the dev of your asset to add support for Aura 2.

cheers!

7. afshin_a_1

afshin_a_1

does aura 2 support android?
    my target platform is android. i keep getting this error again and again and nothing is working:

NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
    AuraAPI.Aura.DisposeFrustrum () (at Assets/Aura/Classes/Aura.cs:357)
    AuraAPI.Aura.OnDisable () (at Assets/Aura/Classes/Aura.cs:147)
    UnityEngine.Behaviour:set_enabled(Boolean)
    AuraAPI.Aura:Reset() (at Assets/Aura/Classes/Aura.cs:116)
    UnityEngine.GUIUtility: ProcessEvent(Int32, IntPtr)

this is my test scene:
    aura.jpg

could someone help me please?
    we are at the end of our project(near to publish time)and need the volumetric fog for an specific scene.

Last edited: May 22, 2019
  8. ahmedmismail

ahmedmismail

Does anyone know if there is time frame for aura 2 to support LWRP and HDRP

9. Alic

Alic

Hey, love the way Aura 2 looks and how quick it is to get a range of good results!

I like the ui too, but it seems a good amount slower than most other 3rd party extensions. The biggest pain is that in 2019, every time I exit play mode the Aura scene presets menu pops back up for a second even when it's completely disabled in the preferences menu. This adds a freeze of a couple of seconds to every play mode iteration -- even in a scene with no Aura components!

Is there any way to completely disable aura UI stuff for a while in a project? I really don't like it slowing down my unity editor, and am leaning toward uninstalling it during development, then adding it back in during polish.

10. raphick

raphick

Hi! This is not Aura 2.
    Aura 1 is now unsupported, please ask in the corresponding thread.

Not at all, and even LWRP is going to give a hard time since they disabled a lot of fundamental things in it

That can be done manually indeed, ping me on Discord and we'll set it up

11. afshin_a_1

afshin_a_1

can you at least tell me does aura 2 support android or not?

12. generalknow

generalknow

From the Asset Store Page ..... "Aura 2 was developed and tested on Windows and DirectX11.
    Other platforms and Consoles are on their way but are currently not guaranteed.
    However, Aura 2 have been reported successfully working on MacOs + Metal."

13. ahmedmismail

ahmedmismail

So Does any one reported it working on iOS

14. ahmedmismail

ahmedmismail

Hey Raphael,
    following your tweets I have found your reply on using Aura 2 on mobile and you have mentioned using "compute shader compatible graphic api"
    any suggestion on what APIs are available also I have found also I have found GPU Instancer in unity material settings, does this help in any way

15. Coltrain

Coltrain

I'm an Aura 2 owner and I'm very confused about Enviro integration. I'd like to use the Enviro directional light for the sun/moon, and have the Enviro sky renderer for clouds and stars, but use Aura's volumetric lighting. Does anyone have the correct combination of settings to achieve this? So far the Aura component on the Camera does nothing when placed below the Enviro sky components, and turns off the sky rendering when placed above. Real bummer if this can't be achieved.

16. michael_unity752

michael_unity752

Hi,

I'm thinking of getting Aura 2 for a project at work and just wanted to know if it works in VR projects that utilize the HD render pipeline?

17. p_hergott

p_hergott

So, just to be clear. I have 2 cameras running. All i need is some mountain fog areas. A swamp fog. And some other small local fogs. So can aura 2 acheive this? Like say 30 local fog volumes, 2 cameras. With sone type of occulsion culling?

18. xhwych

xhwych

Hi,I have a issue here.
    In Unity2019.1.0f2, use SteamVR, Import Aurea Package And Run Aura2 Directional Light Example Scene, I get the weird Image on HeadSet,Here is ScreenShot upload_2019-6-14_15-28-14.png
    I don't know what problem going on?by the way, I use single pass stereo Mode upload_2019-6-14_15-29-47.png

19. Danistmein

Danistmein

Hello, raphik, I just used the desert preset, But it seems like that it does not work in play mode. Are there some settings I missed?

upload_2019-6-15_21-28-15.png

20. generalknow

generalknow

I have Aura2 working in SteamVR. I have not tried 2019... for me it is Stable with 2018.3. I recommend checking your build quality settings sometimes it will default to a way low setting. Also I noticed that SteamVR does not like the Aura2 Presets... I setup my own volumes and lights and it seams to work fine.

21. generalknow

generalknow

Screen_8.jpg

raphick likes this.
  22. cubrman

cubrman

Using Aura 2. I cannot get to a clear state with Aura camera. Once I add Aura camera component to my camera, the picture is flooded with white hue and there is nothing I can do in the settings to prevent that. How to fix it? Also, where should Aura camera go with respect to post processing stack? Before/after?

23. cubrman

cubrman

Introducing AURA 2 and aura camera (or most likely using your presets) nuked my lighting settings and metals now look black with zero reflections. I am fricking frustrated man. I've just launched the game with zero aura objects in the scene and my camera has a purple hue all over it. What. The. Hell?

24. cubrman

cubrman

Ok I deleted AURA 2 and the purple haze is gone, but my metal still has no reflections even though I tried rebaking the reflection probes and fiddling with skybox settings. Seriously I am pissed, never expected such treachery, what is wrong with your tool man?

25. cubrman

cubrman

Ok I correct myself, the problem with metals was mine, it was not due to AURA, sorry. Still how do I create a clear state for the fog, that is fog == 0? So that no hue is present?

26. cubrman

cubrman

Yeah purple haze confirmed. Once I add your asset into the project and do NOTHING else, I get purple haze in the game mode.

27. generalknow

generalknow

What is your target build platform?

28. Shadowing

Shadowing

Each scene will have different aura 2 settings.
    How do I change base settings for each scene? My camera that has aura 2 attached to it and it gets added into the scene during run time.

Do i need to do this by code is there something I need to add in each scene that it will read?
    The drop down box called Select Existing. I have two settings in there right now. Character Select Scene and Atera

29. cubrman

cubrman

@generalknow Windows. And I am working in the editor on Windows.

30. Danistmein

Danistmein

Hi, raphick.

I Have another issue, aura 2 works very well in gama color space. this effect is impressive, looks like this, even though these trees are low poly, but the whole atmosphere is very stunning.
    upload_2019-6-16_10-31-39.png

But, in the linear color space, the effect is not as same as in gama color space. does aura 2 work better in gama color space than in liner color space?, the following is the effect in linear color space.

upload_2019-6-16_15-58-50.png

31. Nyphur

Nyphur

I must be missing something, no matter what options I use I can't get smooth volume densities out of Aura2. Every time I use Aura 2 in any scene, the volumes constantly flicker like static on an old TV. This isn't with anything particularly odd in the scene, either. Just make a clean project, import Aura 2, apply one of the presets and then create a standard Aura shape volume, and right away you can see the problem.
    http://g.recordit.co/4Scb8BXIaT.gif

I haven't seen this issue mentioned before or crop up in any videos of people using Aura (maybe I've just missed it) but it happens to me consistently on all PCs, all projects, and all versions of Unity tested. There must be something simple I'm not understanding about how volumes work.

32. cubrman

cubrman

Hopefully the author of the plugin finds time to respond to us...

33. Danistmein

Danistmein

he said, he is oversea and it is not easy for him to access Net. Actually, I have several problems I can't fix.

34. Danistmein

Danistmein

hey, which color space did you use?

35. Danistmein

Danistmein

@raphick Hey, I faced performance problem about this plugin. Before using this, the GPU usage is 50%. After using it, GPU usage is up to 95%(GTX 1060). Are there any suggestions how to improve the performance? If the most compute load is to compute the volumetric lighting, is there a way to stop calculating all volumatric light?

Last edited: Jun 18, 2019
  36. cubrman

cubrman

I am using linear space.

37. Nyphur

Nyphur

This happens in both Gamma and Linear, it makes no difference. It happens even on a clean install with default settings, on any PC. I can literally start a new project, import Aura 2, apply any preset, and create a sphere volume in front of the camera and see it flickers with static like crazy. Does this not happen to everyone else?

Last edited: Jun 18, 2019
  38. generalknow

generalknow

Just to let you know I have Aura2 working perfectly on windows in SteamVR... Do you get any console errors? is DirectX11 installed on your machine? You don't really provide mutch information that would be useful in helping you.

raphick likes this.
  39. generalknow

generalknow

You need to play around with the setting on that volume . Did you open the sample scenes and do they look like that as well?

40. Danistmein

Danistmein

HI @generalknow .
    How is the performance in your game? Has it caused some FPS drop?

41. generalknow

generalknow

I am working on VR I can keep a good 90fps in my headset still using Aura2.

raphick, AndyNeoman and Akshara like this.
  42. Danistmein

Danistmein

Fatastic work, bro:eek::eek:! espacially the particles at 1:00. I don't know why aura 2 causes some fps drop in my project. I used the default settings:(:((I7-8750H and GTX1060). Did you do any optimizations about the aura 2 settings?

43. cubrman

cubrman

Does anyone know where did the author go? I noticed that he has been missing for a month now. I really need my purple hue problem fixed.

44. Danistmein

Danistmein

Which unity version do you use? After I setup the camera in the old project(these project created in 2017), I have faced similar problems, the whole camera is gray. After that, I create a new project in 2018.2, and set the color space to gama. It wokrs perfectly, but it cause my fps drop:confused:.

45. cubrman

cubrman

my Unity is 2018.4

46. FrozenLazer

FrozenLazer

47. generalknow

generalknow

How many Realtime Lights are in your scenes?

48. cubrman

cubrman

I really hope the author of the plugin can answer my questions.

49. generalknow

generalknow

Could you describe the project a little more... using DX11 or something else like Metal or Vulkan? What is the unity editor operating system? What kind of GPU hardware do you have? Are you using any other post processing?

I had to do a few things to get Aura2 working in my project.....

1. To test my unity editor and GPU and sanity. I created a blank project and only import the Aura2 asset. Then opened the demo scenes to confirm Aura2 works by default on my PC.

2. Using the Aura2 presets killed my custom lighting so I create all Aura2 assets individually.

3. Instead of using the Aura2 global volume settings I created sphere volume and made its dimensions to fill my play area. Then I set my global fog with it.

4. All my Lights that use Aura2 have to be realtime lights so use light probes and reflection probes.

5. I did a build test to confirm that Aura2 was building correctly on my PC by default.

6. I was running into problems where shadows did not work in my build but work in my editor. fixed this by adjusting my project graphic settings so that the player did not default to a setting that was lower than what I wanted my projects look and feel to have.

7. Get the AmplifyShader asset. Aura2 has shaders built from it and has integration with it as well. Is needed for any Transparent materials you may have. If you have custom transparent shaders you need to add Arua2 support to them.

8. Aura2 Hates ISO view... will always do weird S*** to the scene editor window in that mode. and I have to toggle the post processing preview all the time to get Aura2 behave and reset in the editor scene preview window and definitely after I play my scene.

I am sure I did a bunch more things .. if i remember i will let you know.

Last edited: Jun 23, 2019
    raphick likes this.
  50. Danistmein

Danistmein

@cubrman @generalknow
    Hi, guys.

I found the author of this plugn have said some stuffs in the Discord platform 3 days ago. I think we can go the Discord and post our problems there.