Search Unity

Question Augmented Reality Unity + Vuforia app starting point(s)

Discussion in 'Getting Started' started by empi91, Aug 26, 2022.

1. empi91

empi91

So, I tried figuring it on my own, but I feel like blind kid in the forest, so hopefully you can help me somehow.

I have to make an augmented reality app using Unity and Vuforia, but as I had zero experience with both of them, I’m really struggling with it.

Idea behind the app is simple: using Vuforia target detection I spawn a 3d model in the app, after the camera recognize the physical model on the table (I have this part working already) and after pushing a virtual button model gets x-rayed (Vuforia VXF library feature, have it working as well) and present the internal components. Then I would like to be able to click on every component (imagine parts in the engine bay) and after clicking be able to either see its specification (in the form of pop-up table) or replace it with different part (have kind of a parts catalogue and be able to change between them, let’s say V6 engine with V8 engine).

I’m aware of both learn.unity.com courses and the manual, but they are all pretty excessive and I don’t really know what functionalities/assets/mechanics I should focus on. I believe this program do not require any complicated scripting and/or coding, but as mentioned before, no experience with Unity.

So I am not really looking for a super detailed solution, rather for a clues where to start and what Unity features / options might be beneficial to learn in the first place.

I really hope it’s not a typical newbie „I’m too lazy to google” question, I spend a lot of time with Vuforia tutorials, as I though they would be enough, but I’m realizing that majority of this project is more Unity based. Or is it not?