Search Unity

Question Augmented Reality for Industry - let's do it!

Discussion in 'AR' started by Amanda90AR, Oct 11, 2022.

1. Amanda90AR

Amanda90AR

Hi everyone and thanks for accepting me in this beautiful forum!

I'm really new with AR and I was hoping you can give me some hints on a topic I would like to develop:

I would like to develop a platform for the industry, where the operator can scan a machine or a QR code and get the following information from that machine:
    1) ACTUAL Status of that machine (e.g. are all motors on? What is the level of oil in the gear motor, etc...).
    2) Maintenance activities (e.g. the AR will tell me the next maintenace activity that I have to plan)
    3) History of that machines (I can see the previous mainteance activities done for that machine)
    4) Available spare and wear parts for that machine
    5) show with 3D symbols what to dismount for that mainteance activity

The AR platform should also work offline (I understand that point 1 and 4 above can not be seen if there is no internet connection to the automation system installed).

Now the question I would like to ask you:
    I have checked the web and I can not really find any tutorial or books dedicate to those specific topics.
    Can anyone recommend me how and where should I start?
    Any Book?
    Any Tutorial on the web?
    Good software development for this project? The platform should be suitable for both IoS and Android (e.g Unity?)
    I also don't know any language programming so it would be very beneficial for me to understand how to learn also that important topic.
    Thanks indeed for your precious advices :)