Search Unity

Augmented Application - similar to Living Labels

Discussion in 'AR/VR (XR) Discussion' started by Joberon, Jun 14, 2019.

1. Joberon

Joberon

Hello everyone,

I'm struggling with learning how to use Asset bundles for the application I'm creating. The general app goes something like this:

The app will be downloaded from either the google play store or the apple app store. Once downloaded, there will be a main screen where you will have the ability to download the specific experiences you'd like to download.

Our main reason for this is to help reduce the size of the initial application and to break up the experience into smaller packages. I'm trying to create Asset Bundles of the scenes we'd like to have downloaded into the app, however this is proving to be more difficult than I thought.

Most of what I'm finding online doesn't go into scenes, but more into objects. However, I do see that it's possible to do what I'm attempting.

Does anyone know of any tutorials or resources I could use to create this kind of application? Or, does anyone have the ability to help me out with this themselves?

I know I'm close, and I believe I've figured out how to create the asset bundles. I'm just having trouble downloading and then using them off of a server.

Thanks in advance for your help and feedback!