Search Unity

AudioMixerSnapshot.TransitionTo and TimeScale

Discussion in 'Audio & Video' started by iivo_k, Jul 7, 2015.

1. iivo_k

iivo_k

When transitioning from one snapshot to another over time, the time it takes is affected by the time scale. For example if I want to transition to a slowed down snapshot over time when pausing the game and time scale is set to 0 during pause, the transition does not complete.

Is this intended?

2. iivo_k

iivo_k

Anything? Devs? Guess I'll report a bug.

3. duckduckpony

duckduckpony

4. Nifflas

Nifflas

For the sake of consistency, TransitionTo should preferably be affected by TimeScale by default. However, I can see why it causes problems and is unwanted sometimes. The best solution would be an optional argument to make the transition time scale independent. Someone requested exactly that on the feedback pages. Seems to have 121 votes already, but cast yours too: http://feedback.unity3d.com/suggest...-transitionto-updates-when-timescale-equals-0

5. neoRiley

neoRiley

Yes, I can see why it would be something you could potentially use, would be nice to have a bool/check with a snapshot/mixer that excludes it from being affected by timeScale. The most popular use-case would likely be trying to mute/unmute audio via an in-game menu/ui while the game is paused using timeScale = 0

btw, the link above throws a server error. Anyone else able to click on it?

6. wkaj

wkaj

Unity Technologies

upload_2016-2-17_14-55-56.png

Plus associated API.

On its way.

Cheers

Johannski, aihodge and iivo_k like this.
  7. Razouille

Razouille

unityunity