Search Unity

AudioMixerPlayable problems

Discussion in 'Animation' started by mangax, Sep 5, 2019.

1. mangax

mangax

hi everyone..

i have an issue since a long time with AudioMixerPlayable in the new playable system, it's just doesn't work well!

when playable system was new, audio aspects used to work just fine, but over a year to latest unity version, the audio only heard when i play the first input (only) into the audio mixer.

i use same approach provided by unity docs + unity moderators posting in this forum..
    connecting playable audio clips to an audio mixer, then from the audio mixer to audio output.. nothing too fancy.
    in playable graph visualiser i can see clips playing.. but nothing heard in the game.

i tried looking around for similar issue as mine, i came across multiple old posts.. without a solution like :
    https://forum.unity.com/threads/aud...-and-binding-not-working.618196/#post-4140946

any idea how to fix or find a work around on this??

thanks

Last edited: Sep 5, 2019
  2. mangax

mangax

3. noelthomas

noelthomas

I had the same issue, and ended up submitting a bug report for this:
    https://issuetracker.unity3d.com/is...rst-input-when-crossfading-at-least-two-clips
    I had been trying to get this to work just with audio clips, but outside of the older Unity 2017.4 I couldn't seem to get it to work.

My end goal was to mix audio on different Timelines using AudioMixerPlayable, and found a workaround for that. Each audio track is fed into its own AudioMixerPlayable, and then into a central AudioMixerPlayable before going to the AudioPlayableOutput.
    Mixing mixers seems to work, though I haven't tested it with plain AudioClipPlayables, just Timelines

mangax likes this.
  4. mangax

mangax

@noelthomas , thanks for the replay & reporting this bug

i will try to implement this as temporary solution.. i hope it works.