Search Unity

AudioMixerGroup output not used at all?

Discussion in 'Timeline' started by LazloBonin, Jan 9, 2019.

1. LazloBonin

LazloBonin

I added an audio track to my timeline. The binding points to an AudioSource that has the Output mixer set to a mixer group. However, the audio does not play through that mixer group, so I can't use the audio mixer at all with timeline. Other properties such as volume, pan, etc. seem to work. Am I missing something obvious? Freaking out a little bit because I assumed this would "just work".

Using Unity 2018.3.0f2.

2. LazloBonin

LazloBonin

Another issue I'm encountering: in play mode, the audio clip only seems to play a single time. Replaying through the timeline does not trigger the audio again. Surely I must be doing something wrong?

3. seant_unity

seant_unity

Unity Technologies

I've tried both these out in 2018.3 and they seem to work as expected. Are you playing in 3D or 2D? If it's 3D, could the second play through have the listener or AudioSource in a different position?

I'm not sure what's different in your scenario, but please submit a bug if you think the setup is correct and we will look into it.

4. LazloBonin

LazloBonin

I'm away from home right now, but after a few tries I noticed the issue was that the AudioMixerGroup was only ignored for the first time a clip was played, if the PlayableDirector component was set to PlayOnAwake. The reason I could hear it the second time is because my test mixer had a -80dB attenuation, oops ;) I'm guessing there's some initialization order issue between the AMG and the PD.

Can you see if this is something you can reproduce?