Search Unity

Video Audio/Video art mixes ,.. more support/suggestions?

Discussion in 'Audio & Video' started by m8, Oct 31, 2018.

1. m8

m8

After one day of doing basic tutorial stuff and then today doing experiments,,.. I am closer to what I like..

This is a recording of some video stuff I did today in unity3d 2018.2.14f there are I guess endless ways to improve this,..I only used the same video for all the projections and the sounds became distorted.. easily solved by a separate source for sounds,..

I believe blending layers of video is possible too ..

Are there any ideas tips or tricks you might have for me to work with?

2. m8

m8

So Yeah,.* I am Bill and that is my avatar of me.. next to the typing...here HI I live in NJ - which means I have to go to ny for the f2f stuff with unity.. this is ok..--- I have reached a turning point in my youtube account that being 4000 + video uploads and going.. so 000 I have decided to alter the presentation of the videos.. like. multiple screen mixes (I know glmixer does this quite well but less control-) and such as if the museum game was my video world was a walkthru = that just showcased the videos I have done.. 000 Maybe in a random kind of way if it is possible but for now I use the custom quad with the video in it(drag and dropped in the appropriate locations. In an aside does it just mean I don't know what I am doing(probably) ... because of the crashes so much... at least once or twice a day ... --- or more.. very slow loads (hour+) and such I guess I will deal with it -- I have a 3 year old gaming computer --- 8-64bit processors 1 core going at about 4 giga hz each. AMD.. thingy. dual monitors one vertical one horizontal... and this be no - match for the gaming designing work ends that are needed.=.. any way ===

I don't know how the mods take to two posts in a row by the same person --- if this is a problem I can double back into an edit in the future and not double post... --- I am using this as my introduction to here the forums... as good a place as any..

I thought there was an art section but mmmmm looking and did not see it where I had searched yesterday before posting.. --- though I thought I had seen it just the other day?

today's task was to alter the videos being played in the custom quads --- that ended and crashed and burned.. restart ... the program 9 instances that the editor was not responding... OK.. :( end task.

Three crashes later I know it is me making it crash but I made 8 minutes of video before the end,,..

Last edited: Nov 1, 2018
  3. m8

m8

I can tell you are looking at this ... or mmm someone is maybe glancing at these posts ... OK

after 4 blue screen crash reports and usually it can even restart...the computer == --- but during the initial startup - process (i have not been able to use unity 3d for a few days) so -- reinstall... MMMM OK

Option one walk away mmmm ware the I walk away t-shirt (again)
    Option two keep trying
    option three (the one I have chosen) re install that program --- OK \

just uninstalled unity 2018.2.14f1.. 64 bit
    now
    reinstall new download etc.. starting with unity hub... Rather then the starting with the program download. :) I am downloading from there the hub. :)

----------------

I redid the above video with better audio.. :) needed it

4. mgear

mgear

you can put video material into particles too, for an interesting effect :)

if it crashes because of many separate videos,
    i'd probably try combining videos into single video, something like this
    upload_2018-11-5_15-40-41.png

and then make custom quad meshes with suitable UV mapping to match for each video.
    (so its single material and single video for all of them)

*although then cannot pause single video, and audio need to be combined too, or extracted into separate audio sources..

m8 likes this.
  5. m8

m8

yep got to try the particle video thing.. :) thanks for the reply

but first --- after the fifth crash just now with a complete reinstall and- hub created program use..I figure == try again but also to install the previous version 2018.1/9f2 so it is installing that version. I just might put the whole program on the os drive rather than a different drive that has space.. IDK is that a type of problem not installing on the main os hard drive?

crash six :( now trying the older build. :)
    crash seven can't seem to start the program looks like it crashes when- it loads the cache server... IDK dead end. ???

Going to the manual for clearing the cache server :)

deleted the cache server and containing folder for unity... --- installing to the os hard drive... limited amount of add ons.

crash eight.. IDK going to delete all of it about 40 gigs+..... including projects.. IDK ... I want to use unity

then I wait for Bug report == response

Last edited: Nov 5, 2018
  6. kiki234

kiki234

during the initial startup - process (i have not been able to use unity 3d for a few days) so -- reinstall

m8 likes this.
  7. m8

m8

yeah I guess I move on ... cause I deleted it all... and reinstalled..
    no luck crashes whole machine..

I remember now why I had stopped using this program ... seems it was incompatible with some of the programs I have... installed (about 200 installed programs ... mostly things like redistributable .. things from microsoft.. so... I dropped the program ... back --- say three years ago.. forgot that was the reason and now... having same problem one of my programs or apps doesn't work --- and crashes everything the only other program that I had this problem with was

the mandelbulber 64-bit open Computer language program... a fractal program I had to walk away from as well for the same reason. :( sadness.. in parting ... I might try this program again in like two or three years .. when I forget that was the reason I stopped using it. :( :( :(

I do not know what program it is that is causing this to happen but :( I can't lose more time to the problem ===

IF someone finds the list of incompatible programs and wants to compare my list to that... I will check back now and then for updates and such... and or ideas... the whole thing is very ...-

Attached Files:

8. mgear

mgear

m8 likes this.
  9. m8

m8

thanks for the help.. I got your post in my emails..

I hope I can post a zip file..this is 79 megabytes Nope so I upload to the google drive and post the link to here === of the unity folder in the appdata/local/ section from the --- user - section of things It seems to be as close as I can get to finding the details needed...

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1fiG5IU2Ip3Km0g1NsKwM8z8kctJfAfkM/view?usp=sharing

now if that link doesn't allow the download IDK I will email you with it :) but anyone with the link can get to the files...

thanks for looking into to this ..

This is the crashing image of blue screen

I have reinstalled about 6 times no luck,..

Last edited: Nov 13, 2018
  10. m8

m8

Lost the os hard drive,.. got a new hard disk 1 Tera byte reinstalled the os,.. back to work...I have not gotten any where with the unreal engine but unity3d still seems promising.... and trying a new game that is making ways,,.. no luck,.if I can replicate what I did before and move forward I think it’s going to be great ...

11. m8

m8

I am not one to post over and over ... mmmmm but I am doing that just differnt time frames as I create unity projects and post my progress ,,,

I got the video thing working ... Some intuitive and some direct tutorial workings assisted..

this is the first result

It is obviously breaking up I had this problem during audio recording and needed to configure the DAW to the number of threads and processors being used by my computer === is there a place to do that with unity? IDK

I will search have not searched yet. just wanted to show that I have made a wild video player production..

btw the video in the song is here.

(I am getting closer to new results now)