Search Unity

Audio Toolkit v3.0 - major update RELEASED

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by Michael-ClockStone, Apr 4, 2012.

1. kenlem

kenlem

Btw, 6.2 beta is working correctly for me on Metro apps. Thanks.

2. Nezabyte

Nezabyte

I have a bit of a weird issue. In my scene I have a script that starts playing a playlist, which has 2 songs in it, using a Start() function. After 2 seconds pass, the song fades out, and the poolable object disables. I also have a button that calls the same static function to start playing the playlist, and with that method, the song plays fine and doesn't fade out after 2 seconds. I have no idea what is causing the fadeout using the Start() method.

3. yuewahchan

yuewahchan

$screenshot_01.png

The name of the Item "ButtonClick" does not shown in Item Overview

4. Tiny-Tree

Tiny-Tree

Hi, do you have some advice for porting a game to IOS ipad and iphone?
    should i limit the number of audio in the scene? or with pooling is fine? should i use a specific format for the sounds? (music and sfx)

5. radimoto

radimoto

Hi, I'm having an issue with Pauseall(3.0f) and Unpauseall(3.0f);
    I am using an NGUI button with OnClick and if I pause it works OK and fades out over 3 secs.

Edit 1: (without using Time.timeScale to pause/unpause):

The problem is if I click resume and send Unpauseall(3.0f) before the first pause has not completed. If I do this the AudioObject is destroyed once the fade completes and the Unpauseall does not work. However If I wait for the first pause to complete and then Unpauseall(3.0f) it works OK

Edit 1: (now using Time.timeScale to pause/unpause)

Also if I then call Pauseall(3.0f) followed by Time.timeScale = 0 the fade out works fine, but the moment I do Unpauseall the AudioObject is immediately destroyed. This happens regardless of whether I call Time.timeScale =1 before or after the Unpauseall.

If I use Time.timeScale I cannot Unpauseall, even if I wait for the first Pause to complete...

The above occurs regardless of whether "Use Pooled AudioObjects" is enabled or disabled.

Unity 4.2.1f4 Pro
    Audio Toolkit 6.2

Edit 2: If I remove the fade in/fade out and just use Pauseall() and Unpauseall() it works perfectly no matter how fast I click pause/unpause. Also works correctly if using Time.timeScale. Workaround for now is not to fade out/fade in audio...

Last edited: Sep 14, 2013
  6. PhilllChabbb

PhilllChabbb

Hello,

I've just purchased the plugin. Is there tutorial to learn how to use it? I've seen the year old video tutorial, but it is pretty limited. The Reference Guide is a bit hard to see what is going on and there is no search option. It is not the most artist friendly. (I've got a fair experience with coding and manage to work pretty well with 2D Toolkit - for a ref point)

I would just need to understand the basics, like how to stop a playing sound in code, change the pitch of a specific audio item in code, etc.

Would an awesome feature to ease the learning curve. :)

7. Michael-ClockStone

Michael-ClockStone

Sorry for not being active for a while in this forum. I somehow don't receive the notification email for new posts anymore. Feel free to write a email to support(AT)clockstone.com in case of urgent matters.

@yuewahchan: Can you send me your AudioController prefab (as a package) to find out what's going on?

@nezabyte: Hard to tell without seeing your code. Can you send me a small test project where we can reproduce the issue?

@changchun: My advice for iOS performance: Use hardware decoding for the music if possible and don't have too many sounds playing at the same time. Playing many sounds frequently is not an issue due to the pooling.

@radimoto: I had a look at this Unpause() issue and it turned out to be a bug. It's now fixed. If you need the fix urgently please send me an email.

@PhilllChabbb: You are right, we should really update our tutorial video. Currently that's all we have (together with the readme file and the webpage)

8. silentneedle

silentneedle

How can I play the same audioclip (loop) on multiple gameobjects?

e.g.

Code (csharp):
    2.     void Start () {
    3.         AudioController.Play("yell", transform);
    4.     }
    when I attach this script on multiple objects it's only played on one.

edit: nvm, I had to set 'min time between play' to 0

Last edited: Nov 17, 2013
  9. ClockStoneAdmin

ClockStoneAdmin

@silentneedle: We added the min time because usually it does not sound very good if the same audio is played multiple times at the same time. But if you need e.g. 3D sound effects you may have to disable this feature by setting the time to zero (just like you did).

10. Tim Toxopeus

Tim Toxopeus

Hello, is there a way to play sound effects from a specific category?

I have three monsters in my game, which have slightly different samples for the same things they do, so I put their audio files into monster specific categories, but there was no way for me to play a sound from their categories.

ie; AudioController.Play("Monster1", "Eat"); and AudioController.Play("Monster2", "Eat"); etc

I can't make one category Eating and put all three different eat sounds in there, because then it would play the wrong eating sounds for the monsters.

Right now, the only alternative is to create specific audio items Monster1_Eat, Monster2_Eat, etc, and then subclass all my monsters' audio playback classes so they select different eating sounds based on their class. Or, alternatively, string-concatenate the names. Ideally I would like to avoid having to do that.

11. silentneedle

silentneedle

You should change the category of Audio Toolkit in the Asset Store to Scripting/Audio, I'm sure you would benefit from it. In my opinion it's currently the best audio framework for developers who know to code.

12. Backward-pieS

Backward-pieS

Just a caution: I created a local AudioObject reference to a sound I was playing, but because I started the sound at volume = 0 the object reference was returning null. To get around this, I started the sound at normal volume, then set the reference object's volume to zero on the next line.

13. makeshiftwings

makeshiftwings

If I have AudioSources placed around a level, is there any way to link up the volume of those sources to the category volumes in AudioToolkit? In general is there any way to place AudioToolkit compatible category sounds within a level in the editor, or is the only way to get positional sound by using AudioToolkit.Play(transform) from a script?

14. sonicviz

sonicviz

Correct me if I'm wrong, but AudioToolkit has no inbuilt event system to easily set up in game objects to be have sounds triggered by an AudioController?

15. DavidP

DavidP

Hi!
    I've been working with the AudioController for a while and I love it but I just updated to the latest version and now I get this error when trying to edit the controller:
    $AudioToolKit.png

16. DavidP

DavidP

I don't know why but when I put the AudioToolkit folder back to the root of the Assets folder it solves the problem. When I create a new folder (ex Plugins) and put the AudioToolkit folder in it the problem appears. It might come from unity because it also happens with other addons from the asset store.

17. Rati

Rati

I want to set the volume on the main menu, et keep it for all the scène.

But if i set a "AudioControler prefab" in every scene, it dont keep the previous one's volume.

if i set only one AudioControler on the first scene, with "Persist scene loading", i cannot start directly on my scene, with the sound.

if i use a AudioControler with "Persist scene loading" in every scene, i got singleton error

did someone have a solution ?

18. nasos_333

nasos_333

I am trying to use the free edition with ORK Okashi and i get an error about ArrayHelper class

Is there a way to run both at the same time ?

Thanks

19. Ross_S

Ross_S

Edit: Solved it was the project Audio settings - set buffer to "BestLatency"

Hi guys, once again - great tool in general - one thing i'm having a little problem with though is that i'm experiencing a slight lag on playing sounds on IOS - it plays immediately when i run in the editor but on ios there's a lag of say 0.1 to 0.2 seconds - it is noticable and in my experience using unity without Audio Toolkit that usually meant that the sound was being decompressed on play - but in this case the sound is definitely set to be loaded into memory - it's a wav... Is is something in the setup of the toolkit perhaps - any clues? Thanks.

Last edited: Feb 17, 2014
  20. karenkrane1

karenkrane1

How does this work with javascript??!

21. RodolfoLasparri1

RodolfoLasparri1

Hello I'm the latest AudioToolkit 6.7 and I have a simple problem

on the AudioController, the "Play" button for the sounds is disabled, there is no quick way to check which sound is actually assigned to the audio clip

test.jpg

22. ClockStoneAdmin

ClockStoneAdmin

Unfortunately Unity does not a have (working) function to play audio from within the Editor if you are not in Play Mode. So start your scene then the Play Button will work.

23. Fuzzcode

Fuzzcode

Hello,

I was using an older version of audio toolkit (5.2) and I ran into an issue in the web player where a 0.1 second looping sound does not loop. All other looping audio does work as expected and I have an android and iphone version of the game and the sound does loop as expected.

I thought it might be that I was on and old version so I then updated to the newest version 6.7 and found that the same issue was occurring.

Any thoughts or suggestions?

24. Fuzzcode

Fuzzcode

Appears to be fixed after switching the audio file from OGG to WAV

25. michaelmei81

michaelmei81

Hi there,

Thanks for such great sound plugin!

We are making a music game which needs to play lots of different short sound notes concurrently and even the same note sound(s) frequently, say in every few ms (for instance, some classic songs).

Just wondering does it support sound pooling and playing same sounds frequently? Just like SoundPool API in android?
    And also will this plugin deal with unity3d's delay playing of the sounds on android and ios platform?

Thanks in advance.
    Michael

Last edited: Aug 9, 2014
  26. McGunn

McGunn

Hi. Is there a way to Play the MusicPlaylist from a specified point? I can't figure out how to do this. I have a menu full of songs, but they can only play as individual music and I can't make the playlist skip to a particular song. Thanks

27. ClockStoneAdmin

ClockStoneAdmin

You can call
    AudioController.PlayNextMusicOnPlaylist() as often as necessary to skip to the track you like.

28. fairtree

fairtree

Hi,
    I have the feeling that the 3D positioning does not work anymore.
    I use : AudioController.Play(sound, transform);
    But the sound comes from everywhere, like if it is a music.
    I tried different vector 3 position instead of transform but the result is the same, could you confirm that it is working?

Regards

29. fairtree

fairtree

Just had to put the Spatial blend to 100%, do not waste your time with that.

Take care

30. Oriam

Oriam

Hi Clockstone,

I have a little problem that appeared since Unity 5 came out. When I change scenes inside the game (play mode), and I have additional AudioControllers in the new scene, some audios (not all) fail to play correctly (no audio at all, no warning, no error). I know that Unity 5 changed how audio objects are loaded into memory, but I was wondering if there is a workaround for this issue. This problem did not exist in Unity 4.x. The problem usually appears in build (WebPlayer, WebGL, Standalone, Windows Store Apps), but not in editor.

I have dealt with this, in various projects, by removing all additional Audio Controllers and having all my sound files in the master AudioController, but that means the game has to load all the audio files in the first scene. This is a big issue for us as we rely heavily on streamming.

Well, hope you have some insight into what's happening.
    Thank you in advance.

31. patch24

patch24

How do you stop the in-editor (not runtime) audio playback?? I made the mistake of hitting the little arrow next to the 'garden' clip in the audiocontroller prefab that comes with the package. I hit a second time thinking it would stop the audio....nope. just added yet another sound play. Nothing I did could stop it...tried deleting the prefab...nothing, it just had to play itself out. (long clip!) so.....how do you stop a clip after you just a quick preview of it in your AudioController script?

32. sfjohansson

sfjohansson

Hi Guys,
    AssetBundles / OnDemendResources and AudioToolkit.

So far I had one AudioController in the project, although my app is too big now.... so I need to start using AssetBundles =O

What is you recommended approach for audio toolkit in this regard?

33. histiz

histiz

Hi sfjohansson,

Did you got AudioToolkit working with AssetBundle or is anyone else using AssetBundle with AudioToolkit? How does it work?

Thanks!

34. chuckyluv869

chuckyluv869

Here's a Use Case I've not been able to find documentation or a tutorial for... I have set Audio Toolkit up to randomize attack sounds and so that my RAIN AI calls the Audio Item that has a pool of sounds to play. I want to Audio Toolkit spawn the sound from the moving enemy game object so that their voices or attack sounds are in 3D space rather than 2D. Can you direct me to the resource where it details how to do this? If not, can you detail how this can be done here?

Thanks!

35. ClockStoneAdmin

ClockStoneAdmin

We designed the Audio Toolkit to work smoothly with asset bundles. Just have a seperate AudioController game objects in each bundle and enable the "Additional audio controller" flag. And for audio that is used throughout your entire project use the main AudioController object.

36. Stevepunk

Stevepunk

Can sound effects be faded in, looped and crossfaded to create ambient soundtracks?
    Also does the app support sound dampening based upon occlusion objects or can we raycast and dampen the sound accordingly?
    Can we adjust sound direction based upon location, obstacles etc for correct sound propagation and change it based upon environmental conditions like echo or reverb? Are these settings available via code?
    Are regular unity effects such as Doppler available and adjustable?

Last edited: Dec 28, 2016
  37. chalitnc

chalitnc

I am experiencing an issue with pooled audio objects not working with a Phonon Source component from the recently released Steam Audio (works when use pooled audioobjects is turned off) - will you be looking into integration with it?

38. matiasticbits

matiasticbits

We have been experiencing an issue where our AudioObject.prefab sometimes gets changed during the build process in editor, these changes will leave some fields null and this will cause the build to crash. This is very annoying as you only notice this after the build is done, if you don't check the Git diff for the changes you will only notice it when our game doesn't properly start on device. We don't know what triggers these changes and which part of code does it. Is there anyone else who has ran into this and found a fix?

39. sfjohansson

sfjohansson

This has also happened for me, tend to check git diff before a build...Believe it started when the new prefab system was introduced.