Search Unity

Audio To Script help?

Discussion in 'Scripting' started by Luke3671, Mar 7, 2017.

1. Luke3671

Luke3671

Hello Unity,
    I'm learning to code in JS (I know its not the best but its a good start) I'm having an issue adding audio to my game-object or will i have to make an audio script on its own & add it to an empty & place that by the object that's getting destroyed? As of right now the object gets destroyed right away then particle get remove 4 seconds after when player hits said object. Script i'm using is below; (This is health for the objects)

Code (JavaScript):
    1. // This section is health for the object when hits 0 its destroys itself.
    2. var health :int = 8;
    4. function Damage(damage:int){
    5.     health -= damage;
    6.     if(health <= 0)Destroy(gameObject);
    7. }
    9.     // This section is for effect to play when object is destroyed.
    10.     var explosion: GameObject;
    12.     function OnCollisionEnter(){
    13.         var expl = Instantiate(explosion, transform.position, Quaternion.identity);
    14.         Destroy(gameObject);
    15.         Destroy(expl, 4); // Deletes the effect after 4 seconds of when object is destroyed.
    16.     }
    18.     // This section is Sound (Not working)
    19.     var reload : AudioClip;
    Thank you if anyone can help me today
    Luke

2. mgear

mgear

Can use this (it plays even after gameobject gets destroyed)
    https://docs.unity3d.com/ScriptReference/AudioSource.PlayClipAtPoint.html

or other alternatives,
    - disable the gameobjects renderer/collider/etc, instead of destroying, so it has time to play sound, before its destroyed (add delay to Destroy(gameObject, x))
    - or add sound into the particlesystem prefab, and have [x] play on awake, so it plays automatically when particle system gets instantiated