Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Audio static in recording on Android

Discussion in 'Unity Everyplay' started by ScaryRobotGames, May 17, 2016.

1. ScaryRobotGames

ScaryRobotGames

Using Everyplay 2110-1530 with Unity 5.3.4p5.

On Android: After recording any length of video/audio, there is static (distortion?) in the audio when you replay the video in the Everyplay player/editor. Tested on Samsung S4, Huawei Mate 2 and other android devices.

This problem does not occur on iOS.

2. ullatussimo

ullatussimo

Unity Technologies

Hello @ScaryRobotGames ,

Thanks for reaching out!

There are some audio configurations on Android which don't exactly play well with our recording tech.
    Can you try the following:
    -Ensure that the audio you are playing is Stereo
    -Set System Sample Rate in Edit -> Project Settings -> Audio to 48000.

If this doesn't help, can you send us a ticket to support@everyplay.com with the following information:
    -Devices you are seeing this behaviour on
    -OS versions the devices are running
    -An example project that reproduces this issue / example audio file this issue happens with
    -A screenshot of the Audio settings of the project (and possible overview of other audio-specific stuff you have changed)

Cheers,
    Simo

3. ScaryRobotGames

ScaryRobotGames

Hey Simo,

Thanks for the help. Unfortunately the static still exists. I bumped the system sample rate to 48000, switched the DSP from best latency to best performance, double checked that the audio clip was stereo, did an override on the audio sample's 44100 rate to 48000 but after all of that I was still haunted by the crackle.

I'll package up the info you requested and send off a support ticket email.

Thanks,
    Dustin

4. Pelican_7

Pelican_7

Hi Simo,

Has there been any progress on this issue? I am experiencing the same issue that ScaryRobotGames described, which is preventing me from releasing on Android. However, it looks like the github repo and Asset Store packages haven't been updated since January.

I am using stereo audio, and have set the Default Speaker Mode to "Stereo" and System Sample Rate to 48000 in the AudioManager. Do you have any other suggestions to help play nicely with Everyplay and remove the crackling?

Thanks in advance,
    Andy

5. chetan51

chetan51

Hi Simo,

I am running into this issue as well, and would love to know if there has been any update.

Thanks,
    Chetan

6. ullatussimo

ullatussimo

Unity Technologies

Hello @Pelican_7, @chetan51,

Thanks for reaching out!

We are aware that some device/audio configurations may not play well with the recording and result in crackling sound on the video track.
    In order to alleviate the situation, we have added an alternative, experimental, audio pipeline for Android.
    It will produce a better quality sound at the expense of being more resource intensive.

You can activate the functionality with the following call:
    Everyplay.SetAudioResamplerQuality(1); // 0 uses the default pipeline, 1 uses the higher quality

Please note that this functionality is available from Everyplay SDK version 2120-1540 onwards.

Please let me know how it goes.

Cheers,
    Simo